Maroon is a lovely colour isn't it! (Arbroath vs Hearts)

From the BBC: Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "That was a tough one for us. The pitch was really bobbly and you couldn't play any football on it. I think there were a few shanks from both teams.”

WTAF???

I think he had planned to blame the wind at Gayfield then realised it wouldn’t wash. Pitch was fine.

I wish people would stop abusing people like the commentators from behind their anonymous profiles. They’re not professional and they’re doing their best, if you don’t like them fine but no need to get personal. The best commentators have people who dislike them too but atleast they’re paid well for it. Criticise the commentary fine but try imagine how hard it would be doing it yourself before you do. First half coverage was terrible, second was good, the pre / half time and post match shows were excellent.

As for the game we could’ve easily won it and looked like a good side. We just don’t have the same clinical cutting edge other teams seem to have, overall for this league think we’ve got a solid good championship level squad. But maybe missing one or two more Bobby Linns. Likes of Ayr / Inverness and Qots seem to have a couple. Teams at the top all do. Think our best hope is to catch Morton, they seem pretty similar. Our poor start might come back to bite us on the arse.

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Nielson is a detestable greasy slime ball. His after match comments don’t surprise me in the slightest.

Neilson also said this:

“You have to give credit to Arbroath, they’re a very good team. They have one of the best home records in Scotland”

Unfortunately, the BBC only posted the bit that sounded bad. I’m glad he actually did give Arbroath credit. 👍

For the squad hearts have and they money they spend compared to other clubs in the league they are really are a poor footballing team but neilson was the same last year with Dundee united, two strikers looked decent enough but little or TOB were excellent and managed them easy enough.

1 hour ago, unknown1954 said:
2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:
While I think Robbie should just shut his mouth and admit we were pish, I don't think he's saying anything anyone watching wouldn't have thought themselves.  The surface was awful and every pass was a lottery

Thats just not true

It clearly is true though.  Every ten yard pass took about 15 bounces.  As an example, Bobby Linn had a nice bit of skill then went to play a Crossfield pass as the ball took a bobble and flew 25 yards out of play.

Hearts were, yet again,  shite.  I'm not blaming the pitch for that, because a better team takes that into account and gets players turning and doesn't try to play the way we did.  Doesn't mean the pitch wasn't poor.

41 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

For the squad hearts have and they money they spend compared to other clubs in the league they are really are a poor footballing team but neilson was the same last year with Dundee united, two strikers looked decent enough but little or TOB were excellent and managed them easy enough.

I agree to some extent but feel Hearts are nowhere near as bad as some on here would state. We deservedly beat Hibs and should have beaten Celtic in the Scottish Cup final. We actually look good when teams don’t park the bus. That has happened a lot against us both home and away in the Championship this season. As you say, we have a financial advantage, so don’t blame teams for doing that at all. However, it does make it hard for Hearts to play free flowing football. However, Hearts are the best team in the league by a significant margin as the league table shows. By the way, I never thought Arbroath remotely parked the bus today. 

Not that it would've been particularly deserved, but I think we should've had a penalty in the first half when the centre half "shoulder barged" GMS. The ball wasn't in playing distance, and there was no attempt to make it, outside the box it's a foul every day.

32 minutes ago, Always Hearts said:

I agree to some extent but feel Hearts are nowhere near as bad as some on here would state. We deservedly beat Hibs and should have beaten Celtic in the Scottish Cup final. We actually look good when teams don’t park the bus. That has happened a lot against us both home and away in the Championship this season. As you say, we have a financial advantage, so don’t blame teams for doing that at all. However, it does make it hard for Hearts to play free flowing football. However, Hearts are the best team in the league by a significant margin as the league table shows. By the way, I never thought Arbroath remotely parked the bus today. 

Definitely never parked the bus. Doolan Uptop in a 2 with Hamilton. Linn on one wing. 

The pitch is perfectly fine by the way, bobbles every now and then aye but it’s had a hard winter. Better than Ayrs/Morton’s in recent weeks I think personally. Shite excuse for me.

I wish people would stop abusing people like the commentators from behind their anonymous profiles. They’re not professional and they’re doing their best, if you don’t like them fine but no need to get personal. The best commentators have people who dislike them too but atleast they’re paid well for it. Criticise the commentary fine but try imagine how hard it would be doing it yourself before you do. First half coverage was terrible, second was good, the pre / half time and post match shows were excellent.

As for the game we could’ve easily won it and looked like a good side. We just don’t have the same clinical cutting edge other teams seem to have, overall for this league think we’ve got a solid good championship level squad. But maybe missing one or two more Bobby Linns. Likes of Ayr / Inverness and Qots seem to have a couple. Teams at the top all do. Think our best hope is to catch Morton, they seem pretty similar. Our poor start might come back to bite us on the arse.
I agree. If Clive Tyldesley was doing the commentary I would have to mute it! I think they should concentrate more on the game and stay away from the commentators curse moments but overall its fine.

The worst thing is watching matches at home with no fans. I'd love to make an arse of myself commentating and taking abuse online if I got to actually go to the ground and watch the match live.

4 hours ago, stan3600 said:

From the BBC: Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "That was a tough one for us. The pitch was really bobbly and you couldn't play any football on it. I think there were a few shanks from both teams.”

WTAF???

Every manager seems to have some gripe about coming to Gayfield. Always excuses if teams can't beat us on our own patch.

Superb battling performance today from the Smokies and well worthy of the point but deserved and could easily have ended up with all 3 imo 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 6 cup finals left but if we play like we did today with a bit more fire uptop then we will be more than fine 🙌⚽

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

17 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Hopefully the stream will be fixed for the 2nd half - coverage has been not been good.

Arbroath playing well and looked the most likely team in the 1st half.

Whatever they did at half time to the stream worked, 2nd half was very good

There’s an acceptance of absolute mediocrity at this once great club, this isn’t about not beating a part time team yesterday, it’s 5 years in the making. Disastrous managerial appointments, recruitment has been beyond woeful, a current group of half hearted cowardly journeymen only here for a sizeable wage packet....no one at any other club would want to pay money for.
Our youth system is not producing either.
We have(as a club) have completely lost our focus and our long suffering and loyal supporters deserve infinitely better than this.
This current team has nothing. No personally, no character, it’s beyond eye bleeding.
These cosy nostalgic appointments(Neilson is the latest one)really burn my piss too...We need forward thinking people at the helm, Leveins legacy is the stench that still lingers.

32 minutes ago, Dirty Debbie Harry said:

There’s an acceptance of absolute mediocrity at this once great club, this isn’t about not beating a part time team yesterday, it’s 5 years in the making. Disastrous managerial appointments, recruitment has been beyond woeful, a current group of half hearted cowardly journeymen only here for a sizeable wage packet....no one at any other club would want to pay money for.
Our youth system is not producing either.
We have(as a club) have completely lost our focus and our long suffering and loyal supporters deserve infinitely better than this.
This current team has nothing. No personally, no character, it’s beyond eye bleeding.
These cosy nostalgic appointments(Neilson is the latest one)really burn my piss too...We need forward thinking people at the helm, Leveins legacy is the stench that still lingers.

Half hearted cowardly journeymen only there for a sizable wage packet. I'm sure Dundee can give you a run for your money there.

At least you guys have got the job done. 👍🇱🇻

After the last two games it was good to see the defence back on form.

Wasn't surprised to see Doolan start, I suppose the thinking was that he is a good penalty box striker and might nick a goal, but if he doesn't get the service and has to go chasing the ball he is less effective. A great goal line clearance by Ricky Little in the second half was as close as either team came to scoring and we fully deserved to take a point from the game. As the commentator said of a tweet from a Hearts supporter, our back four deserved a combined man of the match.

Hearts, well they didn't look like a Premier league side. Maybe it was an attitude by the players who felt that they just had to turn up to win the game. But they should have known, from their last visit, that they were in for a fight. No doubt that they  will win the league but they will need a big improvement to make an impression in the Premier league next season, but all the best to them.