Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

91,000 civi jobs. Jesus f**k. To help with the cost of living crisis we're putting nearly 100k folk out of work. Vote Conservative.

Yes Minister did a nice line about how civil service cuts never actually happen, and the way that it's concealed.

I somehow doubt anything has changed.

25 minutes ago, GiGi said:

91,000 civi jobs. Jesus f**k. To help with the cost of living crisis we're putting nearly 100k folk out of work. Vote Conservative.

I wonder if he actually thinks there's a wee section in the UK bank account labelled Cost of Living Crisis and the money "saved" will just be transferred over? As you say though, easing the cost of living by putting folk out of work. Mad. I suspect it's just a threat to keep any departments thinking about causing any trouble for the govt in line.

Tory Party chairman and reprehensible c**t (obviously) Oliver Dowden has donated this as a prize for a charity auction. If anyone doubts the level of contempt these shits hold the public in, doubt no longer.

05B1C254-17FF-455F-A6DE-15FC2F9B7185.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yes Minister did a nice line about how civil service cuts never actually happen, and the way that it's concealed.

I somehow doubt anything has changed.

I loved a line from that show from Sir Humphrey Appleby, who was addressing Jim Hacker.

"Prime Minister, you can't launch a public enquiry into this, until you've decided what the outcome will be"

Ooft. Right under the bus.

Presumably she's well aware that she's the fall guy to protect her betters, and will keep her mouth shut accordingly.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/14/attorney-generals-office-worthy-of-respect-suella-the-stooge-disgraces-it

"Ireland was the scene of a Boris Johnson masterclass in deception. In the 2019 election, he fooled millions into believing his “oven-ready deal” would “Get Brexit Done!” and we need not worry about the warnings of John Major, Tony Blair and Theresa May of the threat to the Northern Ireland settlement. Johnson’s straight lie that his withdrawal agreement would not put a border in the Irish Sea – “over my dead body,” he cried and yet the border is there and Johnson still lives – fooled the supposedly hard-nosed Democratic Unionist party. Finally, he conned the European Union into believing he was a man of his word when he signed a treaty confirming Northern Ireland’s special status that he had no intention of honouring.

At every stage, the attorney general, Suella Braverman, has covered his back. She has disgraced herself, her office, her profession and her country."

11 hours ago, hearthammer said:

f**k me, her husband is a slightly better looking version of Fred Elliot from Coronation Street.

Well Michele, what do you see in the billionaire Doug Barrowman

42 minutes ago, Antlion said:

C41DF9B9-7CF9-446D-8D8B-D87D541EAE98.jpeg

I went and read the full story on this one and it isn’t actually all that drastic. If a single deal gets signed as a result of getting someone pished there after a UN summit, you’d have to hope it’d dwarf the purchase price instantly and the gaff’s still an owned asset. 

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As (IIRC) you're more familiar with the world of greasepaint and jazz hands than I, you might be able to confirm that featured performers on American movie sets receive something like $500 per diem for sundry expenses like food and drink, which are all provided for them on set anyway by craft services. I remember Kevin Smith joking that his hetero life partner Jason Mewes decided he wanted to earn a living doing cameos in everything and pocketing the extra cash.

PAY MPs FEATURED ACTORS EXPENSES!

12 minutes ago, BFTD said:

As (IIRC) you're more familiar with the world of greasepaint and jazz hands than I, you might be able to confirm that featured performers on American movie sets receive something like $500 per diem for sundry expenses like food and drink, which are all provided for them on set anyway by craft services. I remember Kevin Smith joking that his hetero life partner Jason Mewes decided he wanted to earn a living doing cameos in everything and pocketing the extra cash.

PAY MPs FEATURED ACTORS EXPENSES!

I don't doubt it. Only worked on a film once in the UK, just for a day. The film set was on a moor just outside a village, the crew were told to wait in the village pub until we were called which was once to move a plastic tree a couple of yards. £200 plus £50 expenses, not bad. Can't remember how I got home.

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Shaq famously lived off his per diem and invested his contract and endorsement money during his playing career if anyone fancies getting thru this period by being 7’1 and built like a brick shitehouse. 

Did he? Top boy; good for him. His maw brought him up right.