Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

I know there's a lot of cynicism within UK politics at the moment but I'd be extremely surprised if he manages to survive this one. Probably suits him to leave anyway, he can earn more money and try and frame himself as the brave war time leader that was pushed out after figthing through Covid.

I wonder if there's any chance he'd have known this was coming as the past week has been full on discrediting small guy Sunak and him trying to appear prime ministerial abroad. 

If any of the initial Tories that sent letters don't immediately do the same they should all be treated with equal disdain. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I know there's a lot of cynicism within UK politics at the moment but I'd be extremely surprised if he manages to survive this one.

Ahahahahaha

The line will be that both Johnson and Sunak "inadvertantly misled the house" owing to an "erroneous understanding of the rules" at the time and will not be resigning, accordingly.

There'll be impotent rage from opposition circles which will go nowhere.

As someone said above this is what you get with an outright Tory majority- absolute contempt for the public, and the rubbing of oppoenents' nose in the dirt. Expect a lot of this in the next fortnight.

I'd've loved to be able to have been drinking in the staffroom after work, but sadly it's never been allowed. I mind a few years ago (pre-Covid) we asked for permission to have some wine and nibbles at a reception for a long-serving colleague who was retiring. Our department is behind two doors with secured access. We were told drinking alcohol on NHS property was absolutely not allowed.

Didn't Allegra Stratton have to resign for joking about these parties?

Now the PM and Chancellor have been fined for actually attending them so surely...

24 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not much from supporters of the PM and the Chancer of the Exchequer around here. 

They must be waiting for their email from Party HQ with the talking points. 

You’d think that our resident political meme-meister, spongeheid, would be mining this seam of political incompetence at Westminster. 

If Bojo and Sunak try to play the "I didn't know what I was doing was against the rules" card, aside from the ridiculous admission that they didn't understand the rules that they were imposing on everyone else, whatever happened to the "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" stuff? 

1 minute ago, Big Rider said:

You’d think that our resident political meme-meister, spongeheid, would be mining this seam of political incompetence at Westminster. 

It's going to be an epic meme from the spongemiester I cannot wait 

53 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I'd've loved to be able to have been drinking in the staffroom after work, but sadly it's never been allowed. I mind a few years ago (pre-Covid) we asked for permission to have some wine and nibbles at a reception for a long-serving colleague who was retiring. Our department is behind two doors with secured access. We were told drinking alcohol on NHS property was absolutely not allowed.

Should have just gone ahead and done it, claiming to have misunderstood the rules when caught.

56 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

You wouldn't want it to get out of hand, hiding somebody's car keys in a patient kind of thing.