Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

3 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Bungling Bonzo now claiming that in a pre-war call, Putin threatened to take him (Bonzo) out with a missile strike.

Leaving aside the nightmare vision of two complete zoomers talking peace and war, neither of them able to speak each other's language, this is surely a made-up story just to provide a dead cat to throw on the table since Bungling Bonzo is once again under scrutiny for his dodgy dealings?

'You kept pestering people for loan advice and spoke up for them for BBC jobs if they helped you, Mr Johnson?'

'Hah! Wibble! Look, PUTIN THREATENED TO KILL ME! ME!'

Needs a Chris Morris type interviewing. "How did he say it? In Russian?" 

"Erm, iski shoot you withov missilski" 

33 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Love this whole rags to riches story they're trying to portrait for Zahawi as if his family weren't absolutely minted and spent his childhood bouncing about private schools 😂

His Grandad was Governor of the National Bank of Iraq, the notes literally had his signature on them.

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Bojo alleges the threat was issued during a phone conversation between the two of them.

Presumably the call was recorded, and Bojo will easily be able to prove the threat was genuine.

Yeah right....

Why are we only hearing about this now ?  Because Johnson is an attention-whore desperate to appear relevant, hence this and his visit to Zelensky last week.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Why are we only hearing about this now ?  Because Johnson is an attention-whore desperate to appear relevant, hence this and his visit to Zelensky last week.

He does have a book to promote.

A little bit of publicity won’t do sales any harm

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Grammar

From a report of Sunak's Q&A today

And Sunak says he does not want to put people’s taxes up.

He also says his priority is to halve inflation.

If inflation is still high in a year’s time, it will be “awful for all of you”, he says.

I notice that he said "awful for all if you", not "all of us". Did he just admit that inflation and the like won't really bother him? After all if you are a multimillionaire, a few extra pounds on the weekly shop isn't really an issue. Maybe I'm just reading too much into that.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And obviously hoping that this will deflect from criticism of his appointment of Richard Sharp as BBC chairman, given that he has donated more than £400k to the scumbag party. 

51 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And obviously hoping that this will deflect from criticism of his appointment of Richard Sharp as BBC chairman, given that he has donated more than £400k to the scumbag party. 

To be fair to BJ, I don't think he's got any control over when the BBC broadcast the Putin v The West documentary.

If only there was someone who could do so

It's notable that the 2 fall guys who were sent out every bad news day to defend the indefensible over the last couple of years have both been sacked;  Kwarteng and Zahawi. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it but I'm sure there's a few cabinet boys feeling lucky they stayed under the radar to avoid Sunday morning interrogations.

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-crisis-partys-chief-executive-29090104

2 more senior party members are now embroiled in a scandal on their tax affairs. Sunak really is failing to provide anything close to accountable and honest governance that he promised.

I can vaguely remember the time a Tory Prime Minister would send out the attack dogs about Jimmy Carr using a tax avoidance scheme.