Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just lie and it'll all be fine.

The unspoken thing here is the threat of "come to the UK for asylum and we'll send you somewhere else that we know to be dangerous". The whole point is to use a country best known on the world stage for some of the worst violence in modern times. It speaks volumes that they're willing to be so disingenuous about it.

While a fair few people would happily see foreigners emptied into an incinerator if it meant not having to leave near them, it's probably a good thing that the government doesn't feel able to just come out and admit this is part of their ongoing 'hostile environment' plan. They aren't comfortable that it's enough of a vote winner for more than their core vote.

Hmm, not so sure. There's definitely a nod and a wink here to the undoubtedly racist (brrittin is foool) crowd, and there is something deeply wrong and insiduous about them knowingly serving up hot steaming shite while loudly proclaiming it's luxury ice cream, look how lovely we are, you ungrateful b*****ds etc etc.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

These. Fucking. People.

"Rwanda is a safe country and that is why we made an agreement with a country that we knew to be safe." Gnnnnarrrrgghhhhh!!!

I knew there had to be a word for this. Thanks Susie. I'm going to start using this word at least once every day.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Just lie and it'll all be fine.

The unspoken thing here is the threat of "come to the UK for asylum and we'll send you somewhere else that we know to be dangerous". The whole point is to use a country best known on the world stage for some of the worst violence in modern times. It speaks volumes that they're willing to be so disingenuous about it.

While a fair few people would happily see foreigners emptied into an incinerator if it meant not having to leave near them, it's probably a good thing that the government doesn't feel able to just come out and admit this is part of their ongoing 'hostile environment' plan. They aren't comfortable that it's enough of a vote winner for more than their core vote.

Similar to the US when they started spilling up families and putting children is cages 

Its done as a deterrent so brown people wont come here.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Turns out the Tories think a generation is 5 years :thumsup2

Fair enough, we can have a "once in a generation" Independence referendum then

The FDA is the union for upper grade Civil Servants (Sir Humphrey types) and are pretty mild mannered. Even they went on strike when Maude was trying to change the terms and conditions 

3 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I knew there had to be a word for this. Thanks Susie. I'm going to start using this word at least once every day.

Here's another invaluable word that I only heard the other day although, apparently, it was in common usage during the Trump era. Astonishing really, since I have been subject to these political circumstances for most of my life.

AD
AD
kakistocracy
a government that is ruled by the least suitable, able, or experienced people in a state or country

:

36 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Here's another invaluable word that I only heard the other day although, apparently, it was in common usage during the Trump era. Astonishing really, since I have been subject to these political circumstances for most of my life.

AD
AD
kakistocracy
a government that is ruled by the least suitable, able, or experienced people in a state or country

:

My first thought was you’ve made that word up, but it so accurately describes Johnson, Truss, Dorries etc. Cheers. 

This Truss woman and her team. Aye, we'll be in good hands with her in charge. What a fucking joke.

"GPs could write prescriptions for money off energy bills for the most vulnerable under a plan drawn up by the Treasury, as Liz Truss’s team signalled more help with costs now forecast to top £6,000 next year."

34 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

This Truss woman and her team. Aye, we'll be in good hands with her in charge. What a fucking joke.

"GPs could write prescriptions for money off energy bills for the most vulnerable under a plan drawn up by the Treasury, as Liz Truss’s team signalled more help with costs now forecast to top £6,000 next year."

That glorious combination of getting it right up doctors, while also being batshit insane and cruel just for the sake of it.

Sounds like something her party would love.

Edit: thinking about it, there's more needless bureaucracy needed. How about getting doctors to refer paupers to be assessed by civil servants who are incentivised to find an excuse to turn down claims, most of which will be overturned by a board of experts? Even if, say, only 10% of people don't appeal and freeze to death, that'll save a good bit of cash that can be used for tax cuts. Sorted.

Edited by BFTD

So doc writes a script for money off your gas bill, you take it to the chemist who presumably hands over a wee white paper bag sealed with a sticker containing some bank notes ???