Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

13 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Congratulating himself for his role in the mourning period for Prince Nonce's mum 😂

Fucking p***k. 

Which MP got assaulted btw?

Matt Hancock, on the Tube, by some verbals.

I heard it on LBC.

15 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hancock in a tube station 

10 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Matt Hancock, on the Tube, by some verbals.

I heard it on LBC.

Just found the video on BBC. Jesus wept. 

The guy should be arrested for failing to beat the ever-loving shite out of him. 

Lay off Zahawi. He fits the Tory MP perfectly. Self-serving, thinks laws are for everybody else, loves money more than anything except maybe power and totally dismissive of any charges. Oh, and expecting an apology from him would be one step too far. I'd guess his defence when faced by the tax bods would be "don't you know who I am?". 

A disgrace of a man and totally suited to the Tory party. At least there'll be more room at the trough for the ones not caught. Yet.

52 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg tells GBNEWS that Boris Johnson has 'has all the right attributes for a party chairman. He is charismatic, he rallies the troops. He's a sort of fully loaded Conservative.'

You really couldn't make it up!

I doubt very much Johnson would even want the job - too busy paying his debts off by grifting on the talk circuit.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Don't overlook the fact that he hasn't been sacked for fiddling his tax - he's been sacked because he was found out. If it hadn't been made public they'd have been happy for him to carry on and even congratulated him.

Well of course that's one of the oldest truths in Westminster politics; it's never the offence itself, it's the fact that the offence has entered the public domain.

But fear not, Westminster is an extremely forgiving place and given time most miscreants have the opportunity to slither back up to the public trough.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well of course that's one of the oldest truths in Westminster politics; it's never the offence itself, it's the fact that the offence has entered the public domain.

But fear not, Westminster is an extremely forgiving place and given time most miscreants have the opportunity to slither back up to the public trough.

And of course he threatened to sue anyone contemplating bringing his offences into the public domain.

He's a bumptious bastart, one of many, who should be deselected by their constituencies, hounded right out of parliament, and be permanently banned for ever holding any kind of office in the future.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And of course he threatened to sue anyone contemplating bringing his offences into the public domain.

He's a bumptious bastart, one of many, who should be deselected by their constituencies, hounded right out of parliament, and be permanently banned for ever holding any kind of office in the future.

Of course there are calls to stop the rich using lawyers to threaten people like this, but no doubt it'll take a long time, if ever, for thing to change

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/jan/29/tories-call-for-action-over-legal-threats-from-powerful-figures-facing-scrutiny

32 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I doubt very much Johnson would even want the job - too busy paying his debts off by grifting on the talk circuit.

Not even sure Sunak would offer him the job. I belive there is still bad blood between the two as Sunak is regarded by many as the guy who precipitated Bojo's downfall.

22 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd like to congratulate Jim Hara on his brilliantly worded "no penalties for innocent errors." Excellent civil service tightrope walking. 

Agreed.

But I’d be a lot happier if he got his staff back to their offices.

Its almost impossible to get hold of an HMRC VAT officer on the telephone. When you do manage it mostly they haven’t a clue and the number for yearly returns actually tells you that they can’t help until they get back to normal service.
Appalling service!

Some journo writing a piece on Zahawi:

"He is widely liked and respected by his colleagues: his life story of arriving in the UK as a child, not speaking English, rising to become a multi millionaire and a cabinet minister." 

I think we've all got a fair idea of how he became a multi millionaire.

37 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

"He is widely liked and respected by his colleagues: his life story of arriving in the UK as a child, not speaking English, rising to become a multi millionaire and a cabinet minister." 

I suppose having a wealthy and probably well connected family had nothing to do with his success

41 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

'Behind every great fortune is a crime"

Bungling Bonzo now claiming that in a pre-war call, Putin threatened to take him (Bonzo) out with a missile strike.

Leaving aside the nightmare vision of two complete zoomers talking peace and war, neither of them able to speak each other's language, this is surely a made-up story just to provide a dead cat to throw on the table since Bungling Bonzo is once again under scrutiny for his dodgy dealings?

'You kept pestering people for loan advice and spoke up for them for BBC jobs if they helped you, Mr Johnson?'

'Hah! Wibble! Look, PUTIN THREATENED TO KILL ME! ME!'

55 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Bungling Bonzo now claiming that in a pre-war call, Putin threatened to take him (Bonzo) out with a missile strike.

Leaving aside the nightmare vision of two complete zoomers talking peace and war, neither of them able to speak each other's language, this is surely a made-up story just to provide a dead cat to throw on the table since Bungling Bonzo is once again under scrutiny for his dodgy dealings?

'You kept pestering people for loan advice and spoke up for them for BBC jobs if they helped you, Mr Johnson?'

'Hah! Wibble! Look, PUTIN THREATENED TO KILL ME! ME!

Tito once wrote to Stalin "Please stop sending people to kill me. We have intercepted 4 of your agents now. I only have to send one to Moscow and they will not fail"

Now that's a better answer than Boris could ever come up with.

6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Vlad now denying he threatened BoJo with a missile strike.

Not sure who I'd rather believe.

As I understand it BoJo claimed that Putin warned him that a missile strike would kill him in a minute. (Or words to that effect.) Putin has apparently claimed that was a lie. 

Looking at the credibility of both of them, the best conclusion I can come up with is that both claims are credible but that rather than a minute it would take a little longer than a minute. 

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

As I understand it BoJo claimed that Putin warned him that a missile strike would kill him in a minute. (Or words to that effect.) Putin has apparently claimed that was a lie. 

Looking at the credibility of both of them, the best conclusion I can come up with is that both claims are credible but that rather than a minute it would take a little longer than a minute. 

Bojo alleges the threat was issued during a phone conversation between the two of them.

Presumably the call was recorded, and Bojo will easily be able to prove the threat was genuine.

Yeah right....