Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Whats even more galling about Mone is that - the cash she got for recommending her husbands PPE company was siphoned off into a trust (presumably offshore) for her grown up children.

All this does is allow people like them to continue to send their kids to the best fee paying schools, and perpetuate the myth that all of us ordinary plebs are either too thick or not industrious enough to "pull ourselves up by the bootstraps".

Its not different to these slave owning fuckbags having statues and streets named after them. Leave it a few decades and everyone has forgotten how the rich stole all their money.

Spoiler

Am actually just about to head off to do some work in the home of some seriously wealthy people, so what a total hypocrite I am, eh?

Might overcharge them, just for the craik...............

On 18/11/2022 at 08:51, SandyCromarty said:

Caan is/was the gadge on Dragons Den.

Another surprise on there was Mark Carney former Governor of the Bank of England, some crossed wires there when you think that his office determined interest rates and he paid by us the taxpayer and yet did not pay UK tax on his considerable public purse earnings

Westminster and the tories are swimming in fraud and corruption.

Ted Heath the Prime Minister, who had all the charm of a diseased tree and was as thick as one, once described an intended  fraudulent company takeover as the 'unpleasant and unacceptable face of capitalism'.

I personally have no problem with companies making honest profit.

What I do object to is profit that is earned fraudulently/dishonestly and not shared in an equal and honest manner in society.

Obviously I’ve not seen Carney’s tax return but i’d expect he’d be UK resident and subject to PAYE on a UK employment.

Non Dom just means that there’s no tax on income or Gains outside the UK, unless the funds are brought in to the UK. Still a stitch up but not “tax free”.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Whats even more galling about Mone is that - the cash she got for recommending her husbands PPE company was siphoned off into a trust (presumably offshore) for her grown up children.

All this does is allow people like them to continue to send their kids to the best fee paying schools, and perpetuate the myth that all of us ordinary plebs are either too thick or not industrious enough to "pull ourselves up by the bootstraps".

Its not different to these slave owning fuckbags having statues and streets named after them. Leave it a few decades and everyone has forgotten how the rich stole all their money.

Reveal hidden contents

Am actually just about to head off to do some work in the home of some seriously wealthy people, so what a total hypocrite I am, eh?

Might overcharge them, just for the craik...............

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/23/the-yacht-the-wedding-and-29m-michelle-mones-life-during-the-covid-crisis

"The social media update about the sun-soaked luxury that “Lady (Michelle) Mone OBE”, as she describes herself on her social feeds, was enjoying on deck prompted an obvious question: during a global health and economic crisis, what business had she and Barrowman found that was so rewarding?"

No doubt about it, The Guardian have Mr. & Mrs. Mone firmly in their sights.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Obviously I’ve not seen Carney’s tax return but i’d expect he’d be UK resident and subject to PAYE on a UK employment.

Non Dom just means that there’s no tax on income or Gains outside the UK, unless the funds are brought in to the UK. Still a stitch up but not “tax free”.

Is it not the case that non-Dom’s need to pay a fee?

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is it not the case that non-Dom’s need to pay a fee?

To benefit from the “remittance basis”, yes it is.

I think it’s £30k for a couple of years then £50k for a couple and after that they have deemed domicile (or more likely go and live in the Caribbean for a bit).

Otherwise they can be taxed on their worldwide earnings.

It’s clearly a very regressive tax to benefit the super-rich.  If you have overseas income in six figures or more you can benefit. If you have, say, overseas dividend income of £11.5m you can save well over £4m of tax, with an effective rate of  about a quarter of a percent. Whereas a Lithuanian brickie who is working here while renting out his flat in Vilnius for £3k a year will pay 20% to 40% on that rent. 

45 minutes ago, coprolite said:

To benefit from the “remittance basis”, yes it is.

I think it’s £30k for a couple of years then £50k for a couple and after that they have deemed domicile (or more likely go and live in the Caribbean for a bit).

Otherwise they can be taxed on their worldwide earnings.

It’s clearly a very regressive tax to benefit the super-rich.  If you have overseas income in six figures or more you can benefit. If you have, say, overseas dividend income of £11.5m you can save well over £4m of tax, with an effective rate of  about a quarter of a percent. Whereas a Lithuanian brickie who is working here while renting out his flat in Vilnius for £3k a year will pay 20% to 40% on that rent. 

Thanks for that.

Some of the people on here take a totally ‘black and white’ line on these things and just love to slag off anyone with money.

These people are worth having as they pay money to live here and generate economic activity creating employment and tax revenue.

If they buzz off to other jurisdictions we get nothing.

51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks for that.

Some of the people on here take a totally ‘black and white’ line on these things and just love to slag off anyone with money.

These people are worth having as they pay money to live here and generate economic activity creating employment and tax revenue.

If they buzz off to other jurisdictions we get nothing.

I get that argument and it’s reasonable.

i disagree with you though. We have a social contract. People who benefit from our relative legal  and geopolitical stability to protect their fortunes can pay for the privilege.

Plus we shouldn’t be engaging in beggar thy neighbour race to the bottom economics. It’s not sustainable in the long term and is small time. 

19 hours ago, charger29 said:

"I have nothing to do with that company".

"I only sent one email".

"The new evidence is based on speculation".

"I can't answer that due to the multiple investigations."

I'm expecting, "That money was just resting in my account" next.

https://newsthump.com/2022/11/24/that-money-was-just-resting-in-my-account-explains-michelle-mone/

"Tory peer Michelle Mone has responded to revelations that she used the VIP lane system to personally profit from the PPE procurement rush, by claiming she was just safekeeping £29 million but would now return it and the government can spend it on nurses or sending kids to Lourdes.

Speaking from the deck of Lady M, her 130 ft yacht, Baroness Mone explained there was nothing suspicious about setting up a chain of shell companies in tax havens to procure medical equipment for a government she was part of."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

And so it begins..........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/24/michelle-mone-ppe-firm-revelations-prompt-anger-in-commons

"Mone’s referral of the company to the Tory ministers Michael Gove and Theodore Agnew helped it secure a place the “VIP lane”, which was used by the government during the coronavirus pandemic to prioritise certain companies. PPE Medpro then secured two contracts worth more £203m.

Tens of millions of pounds of PPE Medpro’s profits were later transferred to a secret offshore trust of which Mone and her adult children were the beneficiaries, the documents indicate. The documents state that the secret payment to the trust was via Mone’s husband, Douglas Barrowman, who had weeks earlier received at least £65m in profits from PPE Medpro.

Mone’s lawyer last year said she “did not benefit financially and was not connected to PPE Medpro in any capacity”. On Thursday, Mone broke a 10-month-long silence on Twitter by sharing an image that said: “Don’t believe everything you read, or everything you think.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/24/lady-mone-tories-ppe-scandals-angela-rayner

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/23/michelle-mones-ppe-denials-v-what-we-know

Edited by Florentine_Pogen