Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The "rich" are less open to corruption. An absolute stoater emoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.png

You may ‘raise your eyes’ but during my professional career the worst offenders I came across were the middle class people who would go to any lengths to avoid their parents ex council house being sold to pay for nursing home care.

Any hint of that happening brought our relationship to an end. Why? I didn’t need their business.

You get corruption everywhere but, at least, if you’ve got a ‘bob or two’ you can tell people to get lost.

That was the point I was making and the plumber taking cash for a homer is just as bad as a millionaire doing a dodgy deal.

On 14/11/2022 at 20:27, sophia said:

No, no I'm not.

Think about the phrase "the weaker sex" and the way women are objectified.

I'd have thought the throwing of epithets from a position of male dominance is to be avoided but each to their own.

Maybe I'm being whooshed.

I actually thought @Granny Danger's comment was quite sexist until you made that "punching down" comment. Now i' m convinced that he's a trailblazer for equality.

The "someone's a c**t cos they were bullied at school" trope is still objectionable. But equal opportunities objectionable. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

BTW, Mrs Sunak didn’t do anything illegal whereas those operating in the cash economy are.

This is precisely the problem. 

It's perfectly legal to not pay tax on vast unearned fortunes but skimming a wee bit by actually working more is potentially a criminal offence. 

Maybe if the system was perceived to be fair then people would find it harder to justify their low level evasion to themselves. 

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This is precisely the problem. 

It's perfectly legal to not pay tax on vast unearned fortunes but skimming a wee bit by actually working more is potentially a criminal offence. 

Maybe if the system was perceived to be fair then people would find it harder to justify their low level evasion to themselves. 

Is that actually true?

The vast unearned income will have borne tax somewhere- India ? Her fathers IT company will have created plenty of prosperity and employment in India and possibly worldwide so, good for them, I say.

Lets also not get all righteous about these things as how many of us know whether our window cleaners or gardeners declare their earnings if we pay them by cash?

I just wish people would leave billionaires in peace to save up for whatever it is they're saving up for. And for goodness sakes would everyone leave Mrs Sunak alone, she's only the daughter of a billionaire who takes earnings through business in Russia, which Mr Sunak told everyone else in the country months ago to cease doing. 

57 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is that actually true?

The vast unearned income will have borne tax somewhere- India ? Her fathers IT company will have created plenty of prosperity and employment in India and possibly worldwide so, good for them, I say.

Lets also not get all righteous about these things as how many of us know whether our window cleaners or gardeners declare their earnings if we pay them by cash?

I pay all of my domestics via BACS apart from the butler who gets a direct debit. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I just wish people would leave billionaires in peace to save up for whatever it is they're saving up for. And for goodness sakes would everyone leave Mrs Sunak alone, she's only the daughter of a billionaire who takes earnings through business in Russia, which Mr Sunak told everyone else in the country months ago to cease doing. 

Aye, can you imagine the rage and snotters there'd be all over the press if Corbyn's wife/partner/bidie-in (delete as appropriate) received huge dividends from a company that still operated in Russia? Or Starmer's? I'm pretty confident that Tories would be beside themselves with rage and the fact that wasn't the politicians themselves doing it would be utterly irrelevant. 

47 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Aye, can you imagine the rage and snotters there'd be all over the press if Corbyn's wife/partner/bidie-in (delete as appropriate) received huge dividends from a company that still operated in Russia? Or Starmer's? I'm pretty confident that Tories would be beside themselves with rage and the fact that wasn't the politicians themselves doing it would be utterly irrelevant. 

Nothing is ever off the table for the Tories if it's politically expedient. 

7 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What’s wrong with billionaires?

Bezos, Musk and the rest helped to make America a great, prosperous country.

Musk is government subsizidised from his arsehole to his plastic surgery altered jawline.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/morning-tech/2021/12/13/musk-spurns-subsidies-after-spacex-sought-them-out-799430

The cream being him moving Tesla from CA to TX citing governmental over-regulation yet still being quite happy to take $600m in pandemic monies for Tesla’s payroll. 

The 3 richest men in America have more money than the poorest 50%.  They are not what makes America wealthy. 

It has huge geographic advantages over other countries.  It has great access to the sea.  It is abundant in natural resources.  It was not smashed to bits in WW2.  It has a temperate climate.  It only has two neighbours who could not defeat it militarily and regard themselves as allies.  America would be a world superpower whoever was in charge and whatever political system it operated.