Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

1 hour ago, sophia said:

If it was Michelle Gove, I'd revise my view.

Punching down is never a good look.

How is it punching down? Are you saying women MPs are lesser than male MPs and require special protection from ridicule?

Personally I believe in equality and that includes ripping into all Tories.

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

How is it punching down? Are you saying women MPs are lesser than male MPs and require special protection from ridicule?

Personally I believe in equality and that includes ripping into all Tories.

No, no I'm not.

Think about the phrase "the weaker sex" and the way women are objectified.

I'd have thought the throwing of epithets from a position of male dominance is to be avoided but each to their own.

Maybe I'm being whooshed.

11 hours ago, sophia said:

No, no I'm not.

Think about the phrase "the weaker sex" and the way women are objectified.

I'd have thought the throwing of epithets from a position of male dominance is to be avoided but each to their own.

Maybe I'm being whooshed.

I think that you and I will have to disagree on women being the weaker sex. I don't see them as that, and I certainly don't see some random punter attacking the home secretary's looks as punching down whether it's a man or a woman.

It's a strange kind of equality that requires special protection for women when it comes to attacking their looks. Yes, it's a shalow thing to attack people on but if we can comment on mark Francois/Eric Pickles,/John Prescott, then we can comment on Braverman/Coffey/Widdecombe.

Just in my not very humble opinion. 😏

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

God forbid the government takes some responsibility 

5694A322-4F9A-42CA-9965-7B369A8A4CEE.jpeg

"Nurses being forced out of rooms to make way for asylum seekers"  Even if that was true (probably not) I am sure the Mail would never acknowledge that these "foreign nurses studying in the UK to ease NHS staffing pressures" were only in the country to replace the thousands of EU nurses lost due to Brexit......which the Mail supported.  Perhaps a more accurate headline would be "Nurses paying price of Daily Mail Xenophobia"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/15/jacob-rees-mogg-faces-questions-over-land-for-housing-development

"Jacob Rees-Mogg is facing questions over whether he will benefit financially from a family trust that is believed to hold land proposed for a new 60-house development in the face of huge local opposition.

Rees-Mogg, who spoke in favour of reforming planning laws when a cabinet minister, is not listed as owner of the land adjoining Underhill Farm in Somerset, where developers have applied for planning permission.

However, there is evidence to suggest the land is held in trust for members of the Rees-Mogg family – a structure that may help them minimise inheritance or capital gains tax bills and legally allows its ultimate beneficiaries to remain secret."

I, and most people I know, absolutely despise the tories, but I have to admit they are doing a great job on inspiring Scottish Independence.

I pay my tax, you pay your taxes, all the working class pay tax, the prime minister Rashie Sanook's wife doesn't pay tax.

That is toryism in a nutshell.

Edited by SandyCromarty

53 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I, and most people I know, absolutely despise the tories, but I have to admit they are doing a great job on inspiring Scottish Independence.

I pay my tax, you pay your taxes, all the working class pay tax, the prime minister Rashie Sanook's wife doesn't pay tax.

That is toryism in a nutshell.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that.

What about the cash economy?

Gardeners, cleaners, tradesmen, it’s huge.

Okay, maybe not huge but the principle is the same.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sunak's Mrs is equivalent to every man, woman and child in Scotland doing a 50 quid homer once a year on her own. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61041926

10 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I think that you and I will have to disagree on women being the weaker sex. I don't see them as that, and I certainly don't see some random punter attacking the home secretary's looks as punching down whether it's a man or a woman.

It's a strange kind of equality that requires special protection for women when it comes to attacking their looks. Yes, it's a shalow thing to attack people on but if we can comment on mark Francois/Eric Pickles,/John Prescott, then we can comment on Braverman/Coffey/Widdecombe.

Just in my not very humble opinion. 😏

Nowhere did I suggest anything of the sort so I suggest you get the help with your reading comprehension or at least take greater care.

As for your thoughts on equality, you indulge yourself as you see fit but in doing so you might be well served in taking due cognisance of the antecedents.

To aspire to be humble is a journey indeed so the very best of luck to you in that upwards trajectory.

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As far as I am aware a gardener, cleaner or tradesman has not been a Chancellor of the Exchequer and then Prime Minister.

Nor has a gardener, cleaner or tradesman been billionaires.

Your defence of the indefencible is pitifully inadequate.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

As far as I am aware a gardener, cleaner or tradesman has not been a Chancellor of the Exchequer and then Prime Minister.

Nor has a gardener, cleaner or tradesman been billionaires.

Your defence of the indefencible is pitifully inadequate.

What’s wrong with billionaires?

Bezos, Musk and the rest helped to make America a great, prosperous country.

I just wish we had some.

BTW, Mrs Sunak didn’t do anything illegal whereas those operating in the cash economy are.

Personally, I like leaders to be wealthy as it makes them less open to corruption.

If you were to throw out all the non-doms you would lose far more by way of the fees they pay and the economic activity attaching therefrom.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

I just wish we had some.

BTW, Mrs Sunak didn’t do anything illegal whereas those operating in the cash economy are.

Personally, I like leaders to be wealthy as it makes them less open to corruption.

If you were to throw out all the non-doms you would lose far more by way of the fees they pay and the economic activity attaching therefrom.

You have to travel extensively throughout America to see the inequality that persists, even in SF, now the home if tech billionaires, a city where we lived there is massive poverty.

The USA is the most media isolated country in the world where the poor are told that they may be poor but the outside world is ten times poorer, seriously we had friends who really thought that the UK was still in the 13th/14th century.

And to suggest that the ultra rich are not corrupt is ludicrous and laughable, try Philip Green eg.

Non Doms are foreigners who only reside in the UK so as not to pay taxes in their own country, tell me how much their presence adds to the UK economy as in how many UK workers Mrs Sanook herself employs other than servants and tax avoidance accountants.

Enough, I won't be replying to any more of your idiotic responses, adios fool. 

I just wish we had some.
The "rich" are less open to corruption. An absolute stoater [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]