Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

The immigration minister has declared that "Hotel Britain" must end, calling for migrants to be housed in "simple, functional" spaces rather than "luxury" rooms.
Robert Jenrick said that a "chronic shortage of acceptable accommodation" for "record numbers" of migrants has led to the government using expensive hotels, adding to the cost for taxpayers.
But, writing in The Sunday Telegraph, he suggested that more basic accommodation should be considered, such as disused student accommodation, defunct holiday parks, or even budget cruise ships.
Mr Jenrick said: "Human decency has to be accompanied by hard-headed common sense: illegal immigrants are not entitled to luxury hotels.
Number of asylum applicants currently or ever being held in "luxury" UK hotels: 0.0
I know I bang on about this a bit, but I fucking desp[se these people. Imagine being so twisted and insecure as to spend your days in government trying to make the electorate resent some of the most deprived and vulnerable people on earth. 
Fucking luxury hotels. b*****ds. 
"Disused student accommodation" in the midst of the worst student accommodation crisis in living memory. What planet are these total freaks living on ? Oh wait a minute it will be the planet of the "budget cruise ship".

So far removed from reality it's genuinely frightening.

21 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Number of asylum applicants currently or ever being held in "luxury" UK hotels: 0.0

I know I bang on about this a bit, but I fucking desp[se these people. Imagine being so twisted and insecure as to spend your days in government trying to make the electorate resent some of the most deprived and vulnerable people on earth. 

Fucking luxury hotels. b*****ds. 

The immigration minister has declared that "Hotel Britain" must end, calling for migrants to be housed in "simple, functional" spaces rather than "luxury" rooms.

Robert Jenrick said that a "chronic shortage of acceptable accommodation" for "record numbers" of migrants has led to the government using expensive hotels, adding to the cost for taxpayers.

But, writing in The Sunday Telegraph, he suggested that more basic accommodation should be considered, such as disused student accommodation, defunct holiday parks, or even budget cruise ships.

Mr Jenrick said: "Human decency has to be accompanied by hard-headed common sense: illegal immigrants are not entitled to luxury hotels.

You could easily replace migrants and immigrants with MPs and Members of the House of Lords in that quote.

On 04/11/2022 at 11:00, scottsdad said:

Another poster dwelling on her looks?

Disappointing.

Women are always treated unfairly in this regard. I remember someone on TV going off on a rant about people criticising Anne Widdecombe for looking like a terrifying human-slug hybrid from a Grimms' fairy tale.

Their point was that it let her off the hook, as she was a holder of abhorrent views and had the appealing personality of a rotting dog turd, which were surely more pertinent criticisms of a government minister.

Edit: think Granny's probably right about the bullying, though. Sue-Ellen seems desperate to fit in and prove she's "one of the good ones".

Edited by BFTD

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Women are always treated unfairly in this regard. I remember someone on TV going off on a rant about people criticising Anne Widdecombe for looking like a terrifying human-slug hybrid from a Grimms' fairy tale.

Their point was that it let her off the hook, as she was a holder of abhorrent views and had the appealing personality of a rotting dog turd, which were surely more pertinent criticisms of a government minister.

Edit: think Granny's probably right about the bullying, though. Sue-Ellen seems desperate to fit in and prove she's "one of the good ones".

Posters on here have often criticised Johnson’s looks and Mogg’s as well without @scottsdad feeling the need to criticise them.  Bit of reverse sexism here.*

I have no reservations about having a pop at Nutella’s looks any more or less than I would about any other Tory regardless of gender.

* Or is it just straightforward sexism?

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Posters on here have often criticised Johnson’s looks and Mogg’s as well without @scottsdad feeling the need to criticise them.  Bit of reverse sexism here.*

I have no reservations about having a pop at Nutella’s looks any more or less than I would about any other Tory regardless of gender.

Yes, I'm afraid it is.

The main problem or reason you shouldn't say Braverman is a bit fugly, or that Widdecome and Coffey look like they've been assembled from left over tractor spares is the hysterical pushback you get from any criticism. See Nicola despising the tories. We got a full week of the press asking if it was ok not to like people who deliberately starved disabled people to death and robbed the country fucking blind during the pandemic. *shrug gif*

Plenty of reasons to hate all 3 of there evil b*****ds, no need to give them an out. 

Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Truss are a bit different. They each have a style of cosplay or persona that is all part of their act to diffuse and deflect criticism. It clearly didn't work for Truss, perhaps because it was so blatant and  cheap that I'll never not find Margarine Thatcher funny. This is absolutely fair game. 

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People slag off Johnson's style because that is his deliberate choice. Those days he stood at the lectern announcing covid deaths? Never forget that before heading in front of the nation's cameras, he made sure his hair looked distinctly like a toddler's. 

The stuff about Braverman from you and your pals is about her looks, which she cannot do anything about. 

I think she is utterly unfit for office based on her record, her inflammatory words and her lack of judgement. If you think women should only hold office if they give you a tingle in your special place, that's your choice. 

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

People slag off Johnson's style because that is his deliberate choice. Those days he stood at the lectern announcing covid deaths? Never forget that before heading in front of the nation's cameras, he made sure his hair looked distinctly like a toddler's. 

The stuff about Braverman from you and your pals is about her looks, which she cannot do anything about. 

I think she is utterly unfit for office based on her record, her inflammatory words and her lack of judgement. If you think women should only hold office if they give you a tingle in your special place, that's your choice. 

If Braverman wasn't a borderline fascist arsehole, I might have had some sympathy*

Just to be a bit pedantic (not particularly directed at you) Widdecombe and Coffey have both made the choice to be morbidly obese, so are absolutely fair game. Especially as one of them was supposed to be the fucking HEALTH secretary and has also headed up a Department which has quite happily implemented a system under which people have starved to death. 

* sorry, lies. 

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

. If you think women should only hold office if they give you a tingle in your special place, that's your choice. 

No one on here has said or even hinted at that.  The fact that your misrepresenting other posters’ views shows that you know you’ve lost the argument.

Sunak says migration and the economy are his two main priorities.  So education, the health service, crime, global warming, terrorism, fuel costs, poverty, etc all less important.

His deal with France over migrants will be an embarrassment when the figures barely fall, that’s if they fall at all.  

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sunak says migration and the economy are his two main priorities.  So education, the health service, crime, global warming, terrorism, fuel costs, poverty, etc all less important.

His deal with France over migrants will be an embarrassment when the figures barely fall, that’s if they fall at all.  

image.thumb.png.c13f38ed71615054a4880263f20936e6.png

Immigration is becoming more of an issue people care about (according to Yougov anyway). Recent uptick might have something to do with it being in the news every day. People forget about the bairns' going to school, their Gran's shit social care etc when they're shown 'bloody Albanian criminals invading' daily in the media.

Edited by Suspect Device

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Immigration is becoming more of an issue people care about (according to Yougov anyway). Recent uptick might have something to do with it being in the news every day. People forget about the bairns' going to school, their Gran's shit social care etc when they're shown 'bloody Albanian criminals invading' daily in the media.

I'd like to see that immigration stat broken down into:

Too many bloody forrins

The disgraceful treatment of migrants 

And

How the f**k we're going to solve the enormous labour shortages. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No one on here has said or even hinted at that.  The fact that your misrepresenting other posters’ views shows that you know you’ve lost the argument.

😂

You get that in your dig at me yesterday you misrepresented my views, right? And now that this has been explained to you, you just announce you've won an argument I wasn't even having with you and walk off?

50 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You’re correct on all fronts and for the record my view is that illegal immigration is not an issue we should ignore.

However how we tackle it needs to be reviewed and I don’t see either of the main UK parties offering a logical, humanitarian solution.

Also demonising the immigrants themselves for political purposes is despicable; though sadly it will work.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'd like to see that immigration stat broken down into:

Too many bloody forrins

The disgraceful treatment of migrants 

And

How the f**k we're going to solve the enormous labour shortages. 

This super duper "New Deal" the govt has struck up with France, which basically means we will be giving them an extra 8 million on top of the 55 million we have already given them to discourage more boat loads crossing the channel. What a triumph this will be for Braverman. Thank f**k they're still getting the big calls right.

Ok, taking a bit of a risk here, but is using criticism, wit (complete or half) or name calling to criticise or bring down an opponent no longer allowed then? 

Winston Churchill took the pee out of Bessie Braddock MP and Lady Astor with his comments about them but his quotes are still discussed, praised and I dare say used today. Please look them up - I don't want the consequences if the hyper-sensitive curtain twitchers are about. (Oh-oh.... I suppose I have to formally apologise to the hyper-sensitive curtain twitchers out there... see Chief Constable Miekelson's series of apologies in Scot Squad for a giggle about language use.) 

If all that's left is 'I say, I strongly disagree with you on that and consider you to be most reprehensible!" or "is that wise, Captain Mainwaring? " type stuff, that's pretty sad.

Governments can plunge folk into abject poverty, wreck the economy, feather bed their pals' finances... but we have to play nice? Now THAT is obscene! Calling someone a grumble 'n grunt? Nah, not so much. 

Scottish football match officials are sponsored by Specsavers... they're taking the piss out of THEMSELVES so I've got no problems with folk doing it.  In one of the few episodes of River City that I saw, one heavily overweight bloke fought back about his size with something like "you know I've got trouble with my feet" to be hit with "Aye, ye canny keep them oot o the fish and chip shop!" Insulting? Very probably. Funny? Aye, it was. 

If politicians rip folks' knitting to the extent that some members of the public are driven to use "bad language" when discussing them and their exploits, maybe its not the words uttered by "the public" that are the problems. 

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is it permitted to mention Michael Gove's resemblance to Gollum?

I'd defend that, yes. Thing is though, it's good for fun but not necessarily best for debate.

If it was Michelle Gove, I'd revise my view.

Punching down is never a good look.

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Ok, taking a bit of a risk here, but is using criticism, wit (complete or half) or name calling to criticise or bring down an opponent no longer allowed then? 

Winston Churchill took the pee out of Bessie Braddock MP and Lady Astor with his comments about them but his quotes are still discussed, praised and I dare say used today. Please look them up - I don't want the consequences if the hyper-sensitive curtain twitchers are about. (Oh-oh.... I suppose I have to formally apologise to the hyper-sensitive curtain twitchers out there... see Chief Constable Miekelson's series of apologies in Scot Squad for a giggle about language use.) 

If all that's left is 'I say, I strongly disagree with you on that and consider you to be most reprehensible!" or "is that wise, Captain Mainwaring? " type stuff, that's pretty sad.

Governments can plunge folk into abject poverty, wreck the economy, feather bed their pals' finances... but we have to play nice? Now THAT is obscene! Calling someone a grumble 'n grunt? Nah, not so much. 

Scottish football match officials are sponsored by Specsavers... they're taking the piss out of THEMSELVES so I've got no problems with folk doing it.  In one of the few episodes of River City that I saw, one heavily overweight bloke fought back about his size with something like "you know I've got trouble with my feet" to be hit with "Aye, ye canny keep them oot o the fish and chip shop!" Insulting? Very probably. Funny? Aye, it was. 

If politicians rip folks' knitting to the extent that some members of the public are driven to use "bad language" when discussing them and their exploits, maybe its not the words uttered by "the public" that are the problems. 

Shorn of any context, the ugly in the morning quote is far from Churchill's finest hour and falls far short of the wit involved in the poison tea retort.

18 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'd defend that, yes. Thing is though, it's good for fun but not necessarily best for debate.

If it was Michelle Gove, I'd revise my view.

So to avoid comments about his looks he needs to get a sex change.  Seems a bit extreme, but if there are volunteers required to carry out the surgery…