Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

If that’s the case, then it’s wrong.
Someone doing more hours is helping the economy by increasing GDP and it’s just good for society in general.
Obviously, at some point , there needs to be a cut in state benefits but where that should kick in is a matter for debate.
Ultimately, we should be looking for people to be working, earning a good wage and supporting themselves out with the state benefits system.

Do you honestly believe there are many people who are happy not working or working on a low wage having to survive on "top ups" from the benefit system?
Yes let's all find those £40k pa jobs out there. There's lots of them.

6 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Do you honestly believe there are many people who are happy not working or working on a low wage having to survive on "top ups" from the benefit system?

Sounds like we agree then.

We most definitely need lots more higher paid jobs.

No argument there.

3 minutes ago, jakedee said:

He doesn't get that these part timers, who he thinks should be working more hours, could actually do no work and probably get the same amount of income but they are going out and working to reduce the benefits they receive as there are benefits beyond financial in doing so re mental health etc.   

Still doesn't see the the difference between care needs and health as he says we have folk who are fit and well. Care needs could be for children, elderly relatives etc they could be unpaid carers or if on carers allowance there is a limit to how much they can earn without losing carers allowance. It is far cheaper for the Government to pay someone £69.70/week to provide care in excess of 35 hours/week to someone than what it would cost if it had to be picked up by local authorities etc  

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What is the tipping point for a "fit and well" person in terms of number of hours worked against productivity/efficiency?

We certainly don’t have anyone working more than 35 hours per week.

Regarding your specific question, I don’t know the answer.

What do you think?

34 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If that’s the case, then it’s wrong.

Someone doing more hours is helping the economy by increasing GDP and it’s just good for society in general.

Obviously, at some point , there needs to be a cut in state benefits but where that should kick in is a matter for debate.

Ultimately, we should be looking for people to be working, earning a good wage and supporting themselves out with the state benefits system.

Cool, when are you going to ask DWP to stop paying your state pension then? 

Also, quick tip: last week you were retired, this week you've still got employees. Probably best you try to keep a track of where you're at with your trolling m8. 

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Also, quick tip: last week you were retired, this week you've still got employees. Probably best you try to keep a track of where you're at with your trolling m8. 

He won't accept that state retirement pension is an actual state benefit and it is the one that costs the most 🤣

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

No way- I’ve paid in quite a lot over the years and it’s the only benefit I’ve ever had. No doubt you’ll tell me I’m wrong.

Certainly never had sickness or unemployment benefit. I do get £100 every winter.

Its very possible to be retired and also keep one’s finger on the pulse. No pay though.

Much more interesting than wasting my time posting to numpties on here.

Just as an aside- is the state retirement pension actually a benefit?

Always thought benefits were things you got when you were ill, unemployed or in dire straits.

Always thought that the pension was something everyone  paid into and received on retirement age.

No doubt the experts will correct me?

21 minutes ago, specsaver said:

He won't accept that state retirement pension is an actual state benefit and it is the one that costs the most 🤣

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Right on cue 🤣🤣

The State Pension is described in legislation as a “benefit” in order to root it within the existing social security framework as a statutory scheme paid out of monies in the National Insurance Fund. - this is from the DWP in response to a petition to stop calling SRP a benefit.

Edited by specsaver
explanation re SRP being a benefit

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Much more interesting than wasting my time posting to numpties on here.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Always thought benefits were things you got when you were ill, unemployed or in dire straits.

Always thought that the pension was something everyone  paid into and received on retirement age.

No doubt the experts will correct me?

8 minutes he lasted :lol: 

No argument there.
And those will never materialise while we have employers who treat UC as a wage subsidy to save them paying a decent wage in the 1st place. It seems it's always the fault on the "lazy" employee.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
41 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
No argument there.

And those will never materialise while we have employers who treat UC as a wage subsidy to save them paying a decent wage in the 1st place. It seems it's always the fault on the "lazy" employee.

How does an employer even know that someone is on UC?

All we know about an employee is the Code No. we get from HMRC to apply to their earnings.

Surely it’s only the business of the employee?

39 minutes ago, specsaver said:

Right on cue 🤣🤣

The State Pension is described in legislation as a “benefit” in order to root it within the existing social security framework as a statutory scheme paid out of monies in the National Insurance Fund. - this is from the DWP in response to a petition to stop calling SRP a benefit.

Fair enough.

At least there seems to have been a debate about its definition.

Its taxable which makes it a bit different from some of the others.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Grammar

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's not possible to be retired and simultaneously claiming to be running a business and having employees.

You're either retired and pretending to be working or you're working and pretending to be retired.

Probably the former.

I just do the easy stuff like book keeping and payroll.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omission

Fucking hell. Once upon a time, you were delighted by the thought of idle wasters getting steamrollered by Universal Credit. Couldn't wait to see it happen.

Also, if you're self-employed and choose not to pay National Insurance contributions, you're a lunatic. It was about £2.80 a week last I saw.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Fucking hell. Once upon a time, you were delighted by the thought of idle wasters getting steamrollered by Universal Credit. Couldn't wait to see it happen.

Also, if you're self-employed and choose not to pay National Insurance contributions, you're a lunatic. It was about £2.80 a week last I saw.

Plus Class4 dependent on your profits.