Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

There was, once upon a time, an idea that saving money was a virtuous thing. A little bit put by here and there, whether it was into Friendly Societies or Savings Banks. It was, dare I say it, a Conservative value.

Now that the Party has been taken over by spivs and chancers it's now "don't bother saving, give me your money and I'll make you rich pal, oh dear you've lost it all, well, that's life and get out of the way of my Bentley as I have to go back to my mansion"

21 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Speaking at the conference, Braverman told The Telegraph's Christopher Hope there are "far too many people" who are able to work but don't. Instead, she said, "they choose to top up their salaries with tax credits or whatever".

Whatever Cruella.....absolute weapon of a woman. If you or I made those sort of comments in public we would be close to arrest, that's assuming we hadn't had our head kicked in (desevedly) first.

I do recall somebody who was working for us saying that they’d love to work some more hours but, if they did so, it would affect their benefits. 
Maybe that’s what she was referring to?

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I do recall somebody who was working for us saying that they’d love to work some more hours but, if they did so, it would affect their benefits. 
Maybe that’s what she was referring to?

😂😂😂

Nothing has ever happened less than this drivel 

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

A fat lot of use you are.

If someone tells me something I believe them until they’re proved wrong.

Wasn't sufficiently interested to research it.

😂

I'm happy to give info to anyone here, that is apart from bad faith intentionally thick trolls. 

Feel free to do your own research into a work/benefits situation you clearly made up. 

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

I'm happy to give info to anyone here, that is apart from bad faith intentionally thick trolls. 

Feel free to do your own research into a work/benefits situation you clearly made up. 

There is an actual point where you UC becomes a nil award and many times people have had their claims closed by the DWP forcing them into another waiting period and losing out on some things like free dental care.

I am sure you have seen this.  I know people who have not been paid the Cost of living payments because of closed claims.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

There is an actual point where you UC becomes a nil award and many times people have had their claims closed by the DWP forcing them into another waiting period and losing out on some things like free dental care.

I am sure you have seen this.  I know people who have not been paid the Cost of living payments because of closed claims.

Yeah we've had a few of these situations, also folk who were sanctioned during the qualifying period, worryingly including sanctions which were subsequently successfully appealed.