Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You’re missing the point.

The changes to the top rate of tax(just back to New Labour levels) will not affect her in the slightest but it will help to encourage others to expand and, maybe in time our young friend will reach that level. Who know?

Anyway, we’ll only know if this move works after some time and certainly by the time of the next GE. Then voters will decide.

No it won’t. Trickle down is a lie.

I do like the party line about new labour. It’s like justifying Human rights abuses by saying what Stalin did. New Labour bear a big chunk of the blame for inequality in our society.

30 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My wife and I frequent a local restaurant and we are friendly with the staff. A young teenage girl started as a waitress about 6 months ago and immediately made her mark with outstanding service and personal skills. Last week she informed us that she has been given promotion to a junior management position. Fantastic!

And how many other waiting staff in the restaurant aren't being promoted and will have to live on poverty wages and tips? Still, at least they'll have first go at the waste food bins at the end of the day.

What I like about this new approach is the direction of travel.
From having the highest taxes for about 70 years we’re  now back to a more reasonable level.
Give me all the millionaires that we can get. Brings in more tax and employment.
I celebrate people doing well and making lots of money.
Its really depressing the stuff posted on here.
Absolutely no sign of ‘get up and go’.
A little example of how to get on-
My wife and I frequent a local restaurant and we are friendly with the staff. A young teenage girl started as a waitress about 6 months ago and immediately made her mark with outstanding service and personal skills. Last week she informed us that she has been given promotion to a junior management position. Fantastic!
There are so many opportunities in the hospitality industry. Just get in there and show what your made of.
No need for doom and gloom.
They still have to pay for it but it will be through indirect taxes and charges - or, more likely, paying through the nose to a private supplier for services no longer provided by the public sector.

40 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

From having the highest taxes for about 70 years we’re  now back to a more reasonable level.

Give me all the millionaires that we can get. Brings in more tax and employment.

There are so many opportunities in the hospitality industry. Just get in there and show what your made of.

😂😂😂

Yet another one of your entries for a Things that Never Happened thread. 

Dearie me.

8 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And how many other waiting staff in the restaurant aren't being promoted and will have to live on poverty wages and tips? Still, at least they'll have first go at the waste food bins at the end of the day.

Who the f**k is this made up junior hospitality manager supposed to manage? Hospitality is fucked because there is an enormous labour shortage. And while a great fun place to work, hospitality is in fact a really shitey career for most, low wages, long hours, and high volatility so low job security. Pish.

In my admittedly brief involvement in the hospitality industry many years ago, (hotel "up north" ) having a  junior management position just meant that the poor sod took all the gripes from staff and customers for a tiny increase in pay. The extra responsibility itself was seen as the "benefit" which was ridiculous given that at the end of the tourist season almost all staff were shown the door.  The junior manager, being slightly more expensive to employ, would be more likely to get the boot. Fewer bedrooms to clean and fewer meals in the restaurant meant fewer staff to "supervise" so less need for a junior manager. 

The amount of attention DPB gets just by pretending to be thick and callous is extraordinary.

Surprised his awful wife's happy with a woman being in any kind of management role, though. Thatcherite standards are slipping.

I remember my first job included the word Junior in the job title, same as two of my colleagues.

One day the boss called us into his office and proudly announced that the word Junior would be removed from our job titles.

No salary increase.  Nothing else changed.

He thought we would be more impressed.

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I remember my first job included the word Junior in the job title, same as two of my colleagues.

One day the boss called us into his office and proudly announced that the word Junior would be removed from our job titles.

No salary increase.  Nothing else changed.

He thought we would be more impressed.

Should've told his boss that your boss seemed like he'd be prepared to eschew his next pay rise in exchange for having the word "ultimate" added to his job title.

Bet he'd have been delighted.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I know you have a whole schtick on here and someone else has already replied to cover this, but im about 99.99% sure that this (in all likelihood fabricated) Junior Management Position will be about 8x the workload and stress for, at most, an extra £2 an hour, probably more like £1.50. Maybe if they're really lucky they get the joy of longer guaranteed hours, but thats it. Some folk might think its worth it, but not everyone does.

From doing supermarket home deliveries for a while after losing my job during the pandemic, the wage increments where i was were pretty garbage - thats retail and im sure its the same story in hospitality. Was £9.50 an hour for in store staff, £10.50 an hour for delivery drivers and £11.50 for supervisors. Tips actually sometimes meant you'd be earning more doing the driving than the store supervisors (some weeks at least, idk if they also had bonuses on top of their wage too but i doubt it) but it was a relentless grind, hated it after a while.

Theres only ever 1x store manager thats needed and all, so pretending the rat race in most employment sectors is something people should relish is, all due respect, a load of shite.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be funny if mandatory drug testing was introduced for MPs.

Nah. They're too smart to get caught out like that. Well, most of them.

It would, however, be hilarious if it turned out that the spooks had already been performing drug testing on MPs for years, and somebody got access to their big spreadsheet.

On 25/09/2022 at 11:59, Dawson Park Boy said:

Does it not get boring putting so much effort into making up complete bullshit on the internet? Maybe not since people actually reply to you as if this persona is a real person. 

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

Does it not get boring putting so much effort into making up complete bullshit on the internet? Maybe not since people actually reply to you as if this persona is a real person. 

I’d agree if it were not for the fact that you’re replying to him.

If P&B was a pub he’d either be in the corner whilst everyone ignores him or, more likely, he’d have been booted out by now.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Tories should never be anywhere near government again 

Just a couple of wee mistakes there, Murdo. On Friday pound/ dollar closed 1.09, today closed 1.07. Five years ago the euro was 1.11. Same as today. And a couple of graphs clearly showing no crisis since Friday's binfire.

image.thumb.png.94a2b9e2b76495b3fa14173071149863.png