Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Been a while since I’ve heard the if you’re poor you are lazy argument

It’s easy to talk about opportunity when you’re given a head start ahead of others 

A7CF02A9-22C7-4BEC-A853-3857F1B531A5.jpeg

A truly unspeakable b*****d of a man.

How dare he describe people who contribute as plodding?  

Seriously, the more I'm hearing from these people, the more I want bloody revolution.  That swine can be among the first against the wall.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Apologies if it has been posted already, but this is absolutely mental. 

I have been self employed for years so I guess I am the sort of person he is talking about - that if I want to grow my business then the government will help.

Most governments would offer this sort of help.  Also, I went self employed after several years when I had been doing this work long enough and realised I did not a boss other than myself.  I certainly could not have done it when I was 25.

Nor is there the same motivation when you are on a salary and nothing you do will improve that salary and the salary is really not enough to overcome your financial worries.

In other words, he is talking crap.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I presume you've paid off your mortgage?

Sorry to enter a q&a between two forumites, but "so what"? 

We paid off our mortgage years ago, have no loans and STILL think the budget is a piece of carp aimed at filling the pockets of the wealthy with even more gold. I've yet to see a real world example of where "trickle down" economics has worked. No point in denying that's what it is.

Anyway, off to the telly to watch us gub the Irish. 

7 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Sorry to enter a q&a between two forumites, but "so what"? 

We paid off our mortgage years ago, have no loans and STILL think the budget is a piece of carp aimed at filling the pockets of the wealthy with even more gold. I've yet to see a real world example of where "trickle down" economics has worked. No point in denying that's what it is.

Anyway, off to the telly to watch us gub the Irish. 

It was in response to his "I'm alright Jack" claim to not understanding the negativity, along with him saying that the drop in sterling would be a boon for his overseas investments.

Edited by welshbairn

I earn an average uk salary, have a great business plan that is going to make me a multimillionaire, but I was scared I came into those riches I'd only have 2 Ferraris in my luxury home garage so I haven't bothered.  Due to the tax changes I am now desperate to start the business.

Edited by parsforlife

35 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I earn an average uk salary, have a great business plan that is going to make me a multimillionaire, but I was scared I came into those riches I'd only have 2 Ferraris in by luxury home garage so I haven't bothered.  Due to the tax changes I am now desperate to start the business.

Now you can have 3 Ferraris.  That in turn leads to the 3 Ferrari problem - namely what colour to have each painted. 

Obviously the only solution is to have 6 Ferraris.  Isn't it nice to have a chancellor who would understand this sort of dilemma.

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Been a while since I’ve heard the if you’re poor you are lazy argument

Get used to it, because it's a fundamental core principle of what little Kwarteng, Truss and Co do actually believe in.

On another note - Is fraudster, thief, and failed entrepreneur Michelle Mone in prison yet?

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Fuller is correct.

Obviously can’t apply to everyone but there are lots of opportunities around.

Go for it

The budget gives the example 25yo on £25K an extra £124 per year - what should he do with it (apart from reduce his energy deficit)

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It was in response to his "I'm alright Jack" claim to not understanding the negativity, along with him saying that the drop in sterling would be a boon for his overseas investments.

I’m just an ordinary Joe like everyone else, I expect, but the mood music permeating from here is always one of negativity.

Economic and fiscal policy needs to be made for people who are going to do something with their lives. If the country prospers then the disadvantaged can be all the more easily taken care of. 
Thats what’s wrong with Scotland. Too many people on modest incomes thus a low tax take. 
As I said earlier top rate of tax is only now coming back to the level under New Labour and bear in mind that personal allowances have been frozen causing fiscal drag. So, no big deal.
Regarding overseas investments, I expect most people will be in a pension fund which has a decent percentage of its funds overseas so again, the principle applies to most of us.

1 hour ago, Theatom said:

The budget gives the example 25yo on £25K an extra £124 per year - what should he do with it (apart from reduce his energy deficit)

They should use it to develop a thriving multinational that employs thousands and teaches the world we are not to be messed with.

"From small seed to mighty oak ..."

I thought that was obvious.

Edited by Fullerene

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Economic and fiscal policy needs to be made for people who are going to do something with their lives. If the country prospers then the disadvantaged can be all the more easily taken care of. 

And there we have the nasty contradiction at the heart of such politics.

There is no desire to take care of the disadvantaged when they're derided so.

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Now you can have 3 Ferraris.  That in turn leads to the 3 Ferrari problem - namely what colour to have each painted. 

Obviously the only solution is to have 6 Ferraris.  Isn't it nice to have a chancellor who would understand this sort of dilemma.

Anything other than red for a Ferrari screams ‘new money’

The Tories have abolished the top tax rate.

Coming next year: the tax rate will be reduced to zero for those earning more than £100,000 a year. That will encourage all those on minimum wage to better themselves.

Also, it will save the greedy b*****ds the effort of setting up overseas tax-avoidance schemes.

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’m just an ordinary Joe like everyone else, I expect, but the mood music permeating from here is always one of negativity.

Thats what’s wrong with Scotland. Too many people on modest incomes thus a low tax take. 
As I said earlier top rate of tax is only now coming back to the level under New Labour and bear in mind that personal allowances have been frozen causing fiscal drag. So, no big deal.
Regarding overseas investments, I expect most people will be in a pension fund which has a decent percentage of its funds overseas so again, the principle applies to most of us.

It's not just Scotland that thinks this budget is robbery. 

It's a shame that you don't think that people who have dedicated their lives to public service or doing an honest day's work to raise a family are "doing something with their lives". 

The privileged and lucky few in the city who make their money through usury and don't contribute to the productive economy at all make up the bulk of the top couple of percent of earners. A fair bit of the rest is made up people who live on rents and dividends of inherited wealth. Personally i don't see how what these leeches do adds any more value to the economy than any productive worker. 

According to the actual neoliberal doctrine that is being used as cover for this scam, entrepreneurs are the wealth creators in an economy. They'll generally make most of their big retuns as capital and the vast, vast majority will be unaffected by the top rate change. 

Making economic and fiscal policy for the city and ariatocracy makes no sense, unless they are your pals and you'll benefit. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

It's not just Scotland that thinks this budget is robbery. 

It's a shame that you don't think that people who have dedicated their lives to public service or doing an honest day's work to raise a family are "doing something with their lives". 

The privileged and lucky few in the city who make their money through usury and don't contribute to the productive economy at all make up the bulk of the top couple of percent of earners. A fair bit of the rest is made up people who live on rents and dividends of inherited wealth. Personally i don't see how what these leeches do adds any more value to the economy than any productive worker. 

According to the actual neoliberal doctrine that is being used as cover for this scam, entrepreneurs are the wealth creators in an economy. They'll generally make most of their big retuns as capital and the vast, vast majority will be unaffected by the top rate change. 

Making economic and fiscal policy for the city and ariatocracy makes no sense, unless they are your pals and you'll benefit. 

What I like about this new approach is the direction of travel.

From having the highest taxes for about 70 years we’re  now back to a more reasonable level.

Give me all the millionaires that we can get. Brings in more tax and employment.

I celebrate people doing well and making lots of money.

Its really depressing the stuff posted on here.

Absolutely no sign of ‘get up and go’.

A little example of how to get on-

My wife and I frequent a local restaurant and we are friendly with the staff. A young teenage girl started as a waitress about 6 months ago and immediately made her mark with outstanding service and personal skills. Last week she informed us that she has been given promotion to a junior management position. Fantastic!

There are so many opportunities in the hospitality industry. Just get in there and show what your made of.

No need for doom and gloom.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

The Tories have abolished the top tax rate.

Coming next year: the tax rate will be reduced to zero for those earning more than £100,000 a year. That will encourage all those on minimum wage to better themselves.

Also, it will save the greedy b*****ds the effort of setting up overseas tax-avoidance schemes.

I admire that you believe minimum wage will still be around 

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What I like about this new approach is the direction of travel.

From having the highest taxes for about 70 years we’re  now back to a more reasonable level.

Give me all the millionaires that we can get. Brings in more tax and employment.

I celebrate people doing well and making lots of money.

Its really depressing the stuff posted on here.

Absolutely no sign of ‘get up and go’.

A little example of how to get on-

My wife and I frequent a local restaurant and we are friendly with the staff. A young teenage girl started as a waitress about 6 months ago and immediately made her mark with outstanding service and personal skills. Last week she informed us that she has been given promotion to a junior management position. Fantastic!

There are so many opportunities in the hospitality industry. Just get in there and show what your made of.

No need for doom and gloom.

The charming young go getter in your anecdote has been shafted by this budget. 

Did you tell her that she’s still part of the problem because of her modest income?

Or do you think that junior management in catering will take her into the top 5%?

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The charming young go getter in your anecdote has been shafted by this budget. 

Did you tell her that she’s still part of the problem because of her modest income?

Or do you think that junior management in catering will take her into the top 5%?

You’re missing the point.

The changes to the top rate of tax(just back to New Labour levels) will not affect her in the slightest but it will help to encourage others to expand and, maybe in time our young friend will reach that level. Who know?

Anyway, we’ll only know if this move works after some time and certainly by the time of the next GE. Then voters will decide.