Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There is a right bunch of sexual predators right across the political spectrum elected to Westminster.

Right across society. The ones with any sense of cunning know that they have to get themselves into positions of authority for access and protection.

Thankfully we seem to be more aware of this phenomena now, although only time will tell if it makes much of a difference.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Right across society. The ones with any sense of cunning know that they have to get themselves into positions of authority for access and protection.

Thankfully we seem to be more aware of this phenomena now, although only time will tell if it makes much of a difference.

I accept that it’s right across society, but given that there’s only 650 MPs at Westminster (less given that Sinn Fein don’t take their seats) their seems to be a disproportionately high number of incidents of this nature.

50 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Surprised that having subsided booze in a place of work outs these creepy b*****ds tbh.

There seems to be a fair bit of predatory behaviour towards junior aides and folk down the political pecking order. It seems arrogance and bullying come into play with these jumped up MPs thinking they can do what they want. Need a couple of steaming Eric Joyce types to go in and headbutt them all into line. I suppose a lot of the junior MPs look at the cabinet and think acting like a c**t is the way to get up the greasy poll.

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The worst thing about it is this is the 2nd (second) time he's been up to no good and he's still not being booted out of the party. Because he's 'done the right thing and fallen on his sword'. Has he f**k, he'd no longer be an MP if that was the case.

Also the chronology of the last few years of his career since the first incident sums up the tory party nicely.

On 5 November 2017, Pincher resigned as Assistant Whip and voluntarily referred himself to the Conservative Party's complaints procedure and the police, after former Olympic rower and Conservative candidate Alex Story alleged that Pincher, nine years before he was an MP, had made an unwanted pass at him, describing him as a "pound shop Harvey Weinstein".

Pincher rejoined the British government in January 2018 as Treasurer of the Household.[31]

Prime Minister Boris Johnson appointed Pincher to the position of Minister of State for Europe and the Americas in July 2019.

During the 2020 British cabinet reshuffle, Pincher was appointed to succeed Esther McVey as the Minister of State for Housing.

On 8 February 2022, during Johnson's cabinet reshuffle, Pincher was moved back to his former role as Government Deputy Chief Whip in the House of Commons.

There is no punishment for being a creep at Westminster. Only promotion.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I accept that it’s right across society, but given that there’s only 650 MPs at Westminster (less given that Sinn Fein don’t take their seats) their seems to be a disproportionately high number of incidents of this nature.

MP's are self important tossers that think they can do what they like because they've been elected.  That a higher proportion of MP's than normal society take this way beyond unacceptable isn't surprising at all.

I know people that work in Westminster and they're constantly telling me about some of the ways MP's act like c***s.  It isn't unique to Westminster either.  Mrs. B used to work at Holyrood and they're just as bad there.

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

MP's are self important tossers that think they can do what they like because they've been elected.  That a higher proportion of MP's than normal society take this way beyond unacceptable isn't surprising at all.

I know people that work in Westminster and they're constantly telling me about some of the ways MP's act like c***s.  It isn't unique to Westminster either.  Mrs. B used to work at Holyrood and they're just as bad there.

Back in the day I knew quite a number of MPs and MSPs.  On my knowledge of them your views are grossly exaggerated.

Extract from BBC online re Pincher:

On Thursday, a Downing Street source said as things stood Mr Pincher would face no further action from the party and would keep the whip, allowing him to continue to sit as a Conservative MP.

Sky has a different take:

Politics latest: Boris Johnson 'knew about groping claims against Tory MP' but made him deputy chief whip anyway - report; Conservatives 'mired in sleaze and scandal'

What was it said earlier in the year - something like 60 MPs under investigation for sexual harassment? Almost ten percent of them. You assume Gibson and Grady were two of that number, given the investigation into both was concluded. Potentially this creep Pincher (how ironic) as well. That leaves rather a lot of investigation outstanding. 

I imagine a lot of the cases against them end up being dismissed and we'll never hear about them, but it paints a horrifying picture. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Conservatives 'mired in sleaze and scandal'

Ah, the Nineties.

Remember the days when the Conservatives managed to make pretty much everyone feel some degree of sympathy for John fucking Major?  All he got out of their Bacchanalian excesses was a bath with Edwina Currie  :lol: