Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

25 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

18 days ago he was doing the media round, defending the indefensible, explaining how BJ was getting all the big calls right, he got Brexit done, and created the vaccine rollout.

And now...

That handwritten-in 24th seems weird, as if it was preplanned for 'some point in June', they just didn't know which particular day it would be.

... that and the bit towards the end which reeks of "you better stress something about it being a choice of your own, just so nobody suspects that we're forcing you into this."

Has 'rehearsed' written all over it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

18 days ago he was doing the media round, defending the indefensible, explaining how BJ was getting all the big calls right, he got Brexit done, and created the vaccine rollout.

And now...

Like most Mp's their blinded  by their big salaries & expenses.

Screenshot_20220624-112031_Twitter.jpg

That handwritten-in 24th seems weird, as if it was preplanned for 'some point in June', they just didn't know which particular day it would be.
... that and the bit towards the end which reeks of "you better stress something about it being a choice of your own, just so nobody suspects that we're forcing you into this."
Has 'rehearsed' written all over it.
It reaks of it being written FOR him rather than by him ie they knew they were going to lose last night and someone (Dowden) was lined up as the sacrificial lamb in an attempt to deflect from the actual results.

Boris reminds me of Richard Chamberlain's character in The Towering Inferno. They've set up a breeches buoy to evacuate people one at a time to a nearby building, order decided by lottery, but he and his mates don't feel like waiting their turn and four or five of them rush the buoy and climb aboard. As it sets out Chamberlain realises they're too heavy and pushes the rest of them off, sacrificing them to save his own skin. Fortunately the line then breaks so he falls to his death too. Can't wait for that to happen to Boris.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Boris reminds me of Richard Chamberlain's character in The Towering Inferno. They've set up a breeches buoy to evacuate people one at a time to a nearby building, order decided by lottery, but he and his mates don't feel like waiting their turn and four or five of them rush the buoy and climb aboard. As it sets out Chamberlain realises they're too heavy and pushes the rest of them off, sacrificing them to save his own skin. Fortunately the line then breaks so he falls to his death too. Can't wait for that to happen to Boris.

I respect f**k out the sheer obscurity of this reference. Can Nadine Dorries be the purser from The Poseidon Adventure, insisting that everyone stay in the dining room because nothing is wrong (before the water comes crashing in and drowns him and all his followers)?

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

Withe Gove and Truss furiously battling it out behind the scenes to determine which of their names marginally appears above the other in the opening credits. 

Reminds me more of Jeff Daniel's character in Dumb & Dumber.

Have you seen the Sky version of The Midwich Cuckoos? Quite good, though they've changed it so that all the kids resemble their mothers (i.e. no paternal DNA). In the 1960s film version (and in the book) they all looked like each other. You can see why they changed it as it would just have looked as if Boris had passed through the village...

Village of the Damned.jpg

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Truss says she "raises human rights issues with Gulf leaders all the time".  I will hazard a guess that if she actually does raise these issues, she is either ignored or told where to go by the Gulf leaders.

20 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Truss says she "raises human rights issues with Gulf leaders all the time".  I will hazard a guess that if she actually does raise these issues, she is either ignored or told where to go by the Gulf leaders.

Assuming she’s critical of them. 

Much more likely she’s asking for tips on exploiting migrant workers and torturing dissenters.