Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It's 2pm where I live. 

2PM on a Saturday isn't much better.

I mean, there can be no other possibility other than us not having mates, right?

Or maybe you could just stop the personal insults and stick to the issue at hand, which is W.O.B's analysis of SNP membership.. an analysis that shows them up to be liars.

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.j

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

5 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

2PM on a Saturday isn't much better.

Aye, but it is tho. 

I mean, there can be no other possibility other than us not having mates, right?

I'm working. Or meant to be, I'm mostly procrastinating. 

Or maybe you could just stop the personal insults and stick to the issue at hand, which is W.O.B's analysis of SNP membership.. an analysis that shows them up to be liars.

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.j

Does it aye? See normally I wouldn't take the word of a proven liar for very much, but that's good for you. Well done. 

Edited by carpetmonster

4 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

That's why you're here quoting some guy in Bath about Scottish Politics on a Saturday night, presumably?

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Aye, but it is tho. 

I'm working. Or meant to be, I'm mostly procrastinating. 

Does it aye? See normally I wouldn't take the word of a proven liar for very much, but that's good for you. Well done. 

Aye it does.

If you can tackle any of the points he makes then feel free.

Or you can continue down the highly childish route of accusing people of not having any mates :D

3 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Aye it does.

In context, it would be 'aye it is', not 'aye it does'.

If you can tackle any of the points he makes then feel free.

I've no intention of reading his sleverings. I'm procrastinating, not self-flagellating. 

Or you can continue down the highly childish route of accusing people of not having any mates :D

No worries Billy no-mates. 

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

And then we can look at who might lead the party post Starmer or be in his cabinet.  Nandy, Streeting,  Cooper and Burnham, who all could easily be mistaken for 1 nation Tories. Infinitely more credible than Corbyns gang of Burgon, Gardiner and Piddock etc, I grant you but the same issues that plague UK politics as whole, plague Labour. Scotland just doesn't matter. And, a generous, possibility of 10 new SLab grifters just marking time until ermine day, is not going to change that. 

I'd hesitate to stick Burnham in with the rest here. He's by no means great, but he at least attempts to oppose Tory policy. He also favours some nationalisation and has in the past proposed a Federal settlement with England getting a parliament and replacing the HoL with an elected Senate with equal representation for all nations/regions.

Whether the rest of the snakes in the PLP would let him do that is another question of course, added to the fact that he's not even an MP atm.

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

In context, it would be 'aye it is', not 'aye it does'.

I've no intention of reading his sleverings. I'm procrastinating, not self-flagellating. 

No worries Billy no-mates. 

Think I'll let you pester someone else with nonsense now.

Cheerio.

P.S. If you fancy some reasonable discussion, the door is always open.

Just now, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

I'd hesitate to stick Burnham in with the rest here. He's by no means great, but he at least attempts to oppose Tory policy. He also favours some nationalisation and has in the past proposed a Federal settlement with England getting a parliament and replacing the HoL with an elected Senate with equal representation for all nations/regions.

Whether the rest of the snakes in the PLP would let him do that is another question of course, added to the fact that he's not even an MP atm.

A personal opinion perhaps but I think he's an unprincipled little shit who'd privatise your granny and her false teeth if it suited his ends. 

Screenshot_20220521-212052_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-212052_Google.jpg

7 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Think I'll let you pester someone else with nonsense now.

English grammar is nonsense?

Cheerio.

Enjoy your night. 

P.S. If you fancy some reasonable discussion, the door is always open.

Are you behind it?

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t agree.

The conservatives get away with absolutely nothing. They may try but the press, tv news, their own MP’s, former advisors  (Cummings) are over everything they do whereas in Scotland, the SNP are a closed shop with the media being totally servile. 
Time for you to realise how far freedom is being eroded here.

Oh my! Your blindness is utterly astonishing, but no surprise really. 

14 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

The SNP must have lost a huge number of members over the last few years, Kenneth.

I've always considered the SNP's to be more right-wing than Labour's.  Their rhetoric is left, but they never truly back it up in policy.

The general feedback I get from people friends is that the SNP don't care about independence and they are too comfy in their positions on the gravy train, just like Labour used to be.  Also that it's authoritarian and controlling, much like you've described when you mention overulings.

I take it the SNP don't release membership numbers?

Are you a member of Alba?

I think it has been a while since the Snp released accurate members figures.  Many of their core activists that used to do the footwork like chapping on doors and delivering leaflets have left.  Some have joined the Alba party.

I am not a member of the Alba party.  When I resigned from the Snp I decided that I wouldn't be joining a political party again.  I can't see that view changing anytime soon. 

23 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

I think it has been a while since the Snp released accurate members figures.  Many of their core activists that used to do the footwork like chapping on doors and delivering leaflets have left. 

If they haven't released accurate figures, how do you know this?

11 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Whilst it's a decent article we can be assured that every lever of the Tory machine will be pulled to ride this out, and whoever is sacrificed it is very unlikely to be any politicians.

Let's all now move on to Charles and Camilla visiting the Queen Vic.