Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Tory MP claims folk only use food banks because they can't cook or budget:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-mp-lee-anderson-food-banks_uk_627bc3e7e4b03ca8364a02eb

On that subject, here's an old one proving, yet again, that Dorries is a thick, lying, horrible c**t of a person: 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-nadine-dorries-is-tv-benefits-199791

This is sort of tragedy is happening in Scotland in 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-61414274

Yet there are people who still think that allowing the people of England to decide who governs them is a good idea.

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

BBC's just announced another tranche of fixed penalty notices. 50-ish, I think I heard. 

Popcorn frenzy cometh... 

17 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Edit to add.... It was on 5live.

From Pippa Crerar's twitter - it appears this relates to an "event" where Fat Boy wasn't present. Assuming the majority fined will be Civil Servants, can we take it that they will be dismissed for Gross Misconduct? Or were they possibly under the impression that their superiors were aware of the rules and decided they didn't apply, making disciplinary action more reasonably targetted upwards?

Yours, an actual Key Worker who grafted my fucking arse off throughout the Pandemic and observed the fucking rules every fucking day. And never, ever, met up to "unwind" at the end of a day - what with having a family to get home to.

The government is withholding security advice on Evgeny Lebedev's peerage on "national security" grounds.

MPs voted in March to force the publication of secret documents, amid claims the security services had raised concerns about the Russian-born mogul.

But the Cabinet Office has released only limited information to comply with the demand.

53 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The government is withholding security advice on Evgeny Lebedev's peerage on "national security" grounds.

MPs voted in March to force the publication of secret documents, amid claims the security services had raised concerns about the Russian-born mogul.

But the Cabinet Office has released only limited information to comply with the demand.

It would be interesting to hear a Minister of the Crown explain why there were not sufficiently strong security concerns to prevent the peerage, when the document was redacted on security grounds. 

21 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

In respect of the latest wad of fines, based on our previous experience of similar things, I think that these breached will be treated really, really very seriously right up to just short of the point where any disciplinary action is taken. 

Apparently 100 FPN's issued but that p***k Rees-Mogg thinks it is a non story. He truly is the C***s C***

22 hours ago, GordonD said:

Just more proof (if it was needed) that these people are just scum.

Any day now somebody will come up with the idea that the poor should be issued with bowls of gruel, like in Oliver Twist. God help them if they ask for more.

I've been expecting for a while that the idea of the undeserving poor being unable to feed themselves would be floated as a good thing - after all, they're all obese from Mars bars and crisps, so they could do with a dose of the Maduro diet. I guess the focus group feedback shows that the Great British Public hasn't descended into psychopathy quite enough for that yet.

Food banks being for feckless people who fritter away their benefits on Sky TV and cigarettes is mainstream Conservative thinking. We even have a few posters on here who are happy to argue the toss over that, despite (obviously) not personally knowing anyone living high on the hog while begging charities to feed them.

What strikes me most is that the current tory government is fill of people who lack raw brainpower. Rees Mogg, Dorries, Raab, Truss and so on all come across as a bit dim. Gone are the likes of Rifkind, Willis and so on who, despite being tories, were genuinely clever. 

Rees Mogg in particular is the dimmest of the lot. 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What strikes me most is that the current tory government is fill of people who lack raw brainpower. Rees Mogg, Dorries, Raab, Truss and so on all come across as a bit dim. Gone are the likes of Rifkind, Willis and so on who, despite being tories, were genuinely clever. 

Rees Mogg in particular is the dimmest of the lot. 

Cunning is all that's required. They've plenty of that.

Just now, BFTD said:

Cunning is all that's required. They've plenty of that.

It's not even that. What we're seeing now is how these fucking sociopaths behave when they have an untouchable majority. We're probably within a decade of workhouses if these c***s form the next couple of governments, which they will as Labour seem so intent on repeatedly shooting themselves in both feet. 

12 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

A sense of entitlement and old school connections are all that’s required. They’ve plenty of that. 

Well, that gets them the job to start with. The cunning keeps them there and gets them what they're after.

It's been often said that the prime characteristic of a conservative is not any kind of ideological purity or even consistency but an absolutely ruthless pursuit of power at the expense of everything else. And that's what we are seeing play out here. Nothing from the UK government has either direction, method or purpose other than what will keep these fuckers in power, stroke their egos and be able to award themselves and their chums peerages, access and huge quantities of our cash.

Disagree about Mogg being dim.  It's a tough one though but I think putting on the "reasonable, affable, likeable Tory" act is quite hard to maintain. Gove, The Baroness and BawJaws fall into this category. Braverman, Patel, Raab, Jack, Dorries, Williamson, Jenrick are exceptionally stupid but loyal to the point of regularly and merrily humiliating themselves to defend big dog in the hope they'll stay in cabinet or one day get back in.

Obviously they're all utter c***s but it's the smart & cunty ones you need to watch out for like Hunt and Javid.

Oddly I think my least favourite, other than the ClownCunt is Alberto Costa. His accent doesn't help him any but his special skill of making a big show of pretending to have principles and stand against the government (EU citizens rights, policing, benefits) then at the last minute doing exactly as he's fucking well told and voting with the government really is beneath contempt. 

Amusing that other than the oft re-heated and most exaggerated success story in political history Honorary Colonel Baroness and Tears On Demand Provider Davidson there are precisely zero Scottish conservatives of note.  

Civil service back in the cross hairs i see.

I was surprised to hear that civil service numbers had increased so much since 2016 as my experience of dealing with any departments was that service hadn't improved and had become more automated. 

I found this summary of the timing and nature of the changes. 

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/civil-service-staff-numbers#:~:text=In this way%2C civil servants,not counted as civil servants.

General trends were for increases in Whitehall Ministerial department jobs and less in operations. Brexit was the major driver and increases since covid were negligible. 

Cuts of 50k were announced last year. 

My guess is that the cuts aren't going to be made up of the people that our idiocratic rulers rely on to do their jobs.

Bound to be bad news for anyone waiting months for their universal credit or disability payments. Still with food at 30p a day, you can't need benefits that quickly. 

Have they not been threatening a bonfire of the civil service for a while now ? Something about 'the enemy within' and putting obstacles in front of are glorious brexit.

It's a no brainer move for them as the shires and the roasters at the Express and Mail lap this shit up.

28 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's been often said that the prime characteristic of a conservative is not any kind of ideological purity or even consistency but an absolutely ruthless pursuit of power at the expense of everything else. And that's what we are seeing play out here. Nothing from the UK government has either direction, method or purpose other than what will keep these fuckers in power, stroke their egos and be able to award themselves and their chums peerages, access and huge quantities of our cash.

The best recent example of that was Farage. Performatively furious with the Tories for years; came to heel when there was a chance that his histrionics could see them lose power.

The biggest difference between the Right and Left of the political spectrum seems to have always been that the Right come together when they have something to lose.

2 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Have they not been threatening a bonfire of the civil service for a while now ? Something about 'the enemy within' and putting obstacles in front of are glorious brexit.

It's a no brainer move for them as the shires and the roasters at the Express and Mail lap this shit up.

Obstacles like the law, economics and reality in general presumably. 

2 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Surely if they sack all the folk in Downing Street who got fixed penalty notices that will be a decent start.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Surely if they sack all the folk in Downing Street who got fixed penalty notices that will be a decent start.

What, all of them? You do realise the PM and the Chancell... Oh, right. It'd be a start, right enough.

Niall Patterson was interviewing Rees-Mogg on Sky this morning as today's Cúnt of the Day was explaining how the CS had to be filleted to improve efficiency.

Patterson: "You didn't arrive at the studio on your own this morning, minister. How many Civil Servants were with you?"

Haunted Pencil: "er, four."

Patterson: "possible efficiency saving right there, then, eh?"

I paraphrase, but it was a nice moment seeing the cúnt realise, just for a moment, how hypocritical he and his are.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie