Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

26 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Can you not debate DPB’s points sensibly without resorting to nasty and childish name calling?

Maybe your next tiresome alias will have fresh materia, but I somehow doubt it. 

What do you get out of your deeply dull and sad trolling?

Okay- why are HMRC still saying that I am due over £8k when I paid this in March 2021?
They tell myself and my Accountants,  Azets , a large accountancy firm that they are unable to match the payment against my UTR because of lack of in-office staff. It’s not my job as a taxpayer to explain these things but I do resent receiving increasingly threatening letters.
I certainly don’t think I need to accept it. Sorry, your attitude is typically that of the civil servants I encounter.
Shut the f**k up Walter.
Can you not debate DPB’s points sensibly without resorting to nasty and childish name calling?
Nah. He's a bigoted, misogynistic arsehole. Shouldn't you be wagon circling for those Family Party nonces?

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

As I've posted previously on the Covid thread all the govt depts and LAs I work with are NEVER returning to office bases. It's done, outdated and Covid simply provided the employers who had previously been very sceptical with the proof they needed that it works. WFH and hybrid working are here to stay and dinosaurs like yourself need to accept it.

Jacob Rees Mogg disagrees.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/24/matt-hancocks-stay-at-mansion-of-randox-founder-revealed-by-foi-request

During a two-day visit to Northern Ireland as health secretary in 2019, Hancock had a private dinner and stayed overnight at the Dundarave country estate in County Antrim, which is owned by Peter Fitzgerald, Randox’s founder.

The overnight stay was disclosed in documents released under the Freedom of Information Act. It was not included in the official register of hospitality received by ministers.

Through a spokesperson, Hancock said he did not need to declare the hospitality as he had not accepted it in a ministerial capacity. However, transparency campaigners disagreed and said there was a “clear expectation” that ministers should declare such hospitality and follow the spirit of the rules.

So that's OK then, as long as you accept gifts in a private or personal capacity, it's not considered to be something that can influence you!!

Okay- why are HMRC still saying that I am due over £8k when I paid this in March 2021?
They tell myself and my Accountants,  Azets , a large accountancy firm that they are unable to match the payment against my UTR because of lack of in-office staff. It’s not my job as a taxpayer to explain these things but I do resent receiving increasingly threatening letters.
I certainly don’t think I need to accept it. Sorry, your attitude is typically that of the civil servants I encounter.
I cannot believe you or your accountants are believing that as an excuse. Why would staff need to be in an office to trace a payment. This isn't 1962, do you seriously believe this isn't computerised ? Your being fobbed off plain and simple and any accountant worth their salt would realise that the "not in the office" line is total nonsense.

12 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If they can't check the payment because they're not in the office, how do they know you still owe it?

9 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I cannot believe you or your accountants are believing that as an excuse. Why would staff need to be in an office to trace a payment. This isn't 1962, do you seriously believe this isn't computerised ? Your being fobbed off plain and simple and any accountant worth their salt would realise that the "not in the office" line is total nonsense.

Surely you've realised by now that every part of every story that this pathetic troll has told over the months is, besides being the product of the poster's imagination,  total nonsense?

On 23/04/2022 at 09:24, Dawson Park Boy said:

In many ways I agree with him.

On a personal level ive got big issues with HMRC purely because most of their staff are WFH. Until many more of them get back to their offices, the situation that I, and many others find ourselves in, will not be resolved.

Keep at it, JRM. I’m on your side. Get those idle so and so’s back to work.

Strange. I phoned them last Thursday. Took 35 minutes to get through. Got a code change immediately and was told that there would need to be a manual review of my tax for last year so that could take 2 - 3 weeks. Got an email this morning to confirm everything was sorted and I'd get the outcome sent out to me this week. Brilliant service - couldn't have been more helpful with not a hint of idleness. 

16 minutes ago, HTG said:

Strange. I phoned them last Thursday. Took 35 minutes to get through. Got a code change immediately and was told that there would need to be a manual review of my tax for last year so that could take 2 - 3 weeks. Got an email this morning to confirm everything was sorted and I'd get the outcome sent out to me this week. Brilliant service - couldn't have been more helpful with not a hint of idleness. 

yes, those of us operating in the real world continue to get a good level of service from HMRC:

1198613045_Screenshot2022-04-25at09_32_10.thumb.jpeg.4d2049a2ce7e86d524aafe7e04b45791.jpeg

HMRC have been genuinely helpful every time I've had to contact them. I've had letters (old school) and emails answered in what I would consider reasonable timeframes and the advisors actually seem to know their stuff. Phoning them is a bit of a faff, had a couple of long waits, but to be honest, that's not unique to the public sector. The online HMRC account is good as well. A government IT project that has actually delivered.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Yes, some parts of the service are top notch.

An employee complained to me last week about her code number. I told her that she had to contact HMRC - nothing I could do. She did that and I’ve now been informed of the new corrected number.

I just don’t know what the problem is in my own case but that’s what I get told?

An employee complained to me last week about her code number. I told her that she had to contact HMRC - nothing I could do. She did that and I’ve now been informed of the new corrected number.
I just don’t know what the problem is in my own case but that’s what I get told?
Pretending you have a business now [emoji23]

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe you should have a closer look at the job your accountant is doing - they're maybe just not trying hard enough. That's unsubstantiated speculation of course - same as that shite about Rees-Mogg being right to get these idle so and so's back to an office. Rees-Mogg is a multi-faced, tax avoiding w****r who's never happier than when he's introducing policies to kill the poor. If you're on the same side as that c**t there's no more to be said. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

48 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Pretending you have a business now emoji23.png

See the source image

pimp.jpg