Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

22 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

We're not even at war. We're supplying weapons and moral support to an ally. That's it.

The idea that "the West" will ever be at war over Ukraine causes the collective leadership of the US, UK & EU to shift uncomoftably and look at their shoes.

It's not a reason to keep a corrupt, lying idiot in power.

Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and are still there and invaded Ukraine in 2014 and are still there. It can't be accepted as an excuse when the current PM undermined a PM who was working under similar conditions.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and are still there and invaded Ukraine in 2014 and are still there. It can't be accepted as an excuse when the current PM undermined a PM who was working under similar conditions.

1. There probably hasn't been a time in recorded history when a state of war betwen two nations hasn't existed somewhere on the globe, and

2. There are many examples when Prime Ministers have been replaced in times when the UK has actually been at ewar - including when his hero took over in 1940.

Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, and one of the best media performers in the cabinet, has had the awkward job of defending Johnson on the media this morning. His argument has been that Johnson made a mistake, but that he’s only human, it wasn’t intentional, and that he’s truly sorry. He told Sky News:

The one thing I know – and I spoke to the prime minister – is he is completely mortified by this happening ...

He didn’t knowingly break the law. He didn’t do it deliberately. He didn’t come to parliament and having knowingly done this. He thought in fact that the same people who wished him happy birthday, who he had already been meeting with earlier that day, was not breaking the law.

The police take a different view. He absolutely accepts that and has paid the fine ...

The question I suppose, your question goes to the heart of, you know, did he set out to do this? Was it something that was done with malice, with intent?

And the answer of course, is no. It’s something that happened in error, and as I have said, I’ve spoken to him, he is incredibly embarrassed by the whole thing.

He knows that it was stupid, indefensible. But he didn’t set out to break the law, and he has paid the fixed penalty notice fine, and has a very big job to do.

23 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

1. There probably hasn't been a time in recorded history when a state of war betwen two nations hasn't existed somewhere on the globe

Apparently out of 3,400 years of recorded history, only 268 of them had no conflict.

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Apparently out of 3,400 years of recorded history, only 268 of them had no conflict.

If you look closer to home Britain is always actually scrapping with someone.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/11/british-forces-century-warfare-end#:~:text=Since Britain's declaration of war,forces being involved in conflict.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I sometimes get the impression that these folk would happily vote for a law that saw a random family member be murdered as long as a random brown person was also murdered.

No no no. Not having that.

That would imply that the life of a random brown person was of equivalent value.

57 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I'd be interested to know which years that covers, considering that a couple of thousand years ago scholars would've been relying on word-of-mouth for news of what was happening in the parts of the world they were aware of.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

No no no. Not having that.

That would imply that the life of a random brown person was of equivalent value.

I'd be interested to know which years that covers, considering that a couple of thousand years ago scholars would've been relying on word-of-mouth for news of what was happening in the parts of the world they were aware of.

I got it from here. No supporting evidence though.

How Many Years Has The World Been At Peace? – Peace X Peace