Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Not sure if this is just the Tories, but MP's taking thousands in bribes off bookies are blaming the regulator for bullying the gambling industry.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/23/mps-criticise-uk-gambling-regulator-addiction

There’s a couple of the worst Labour ghouls who did it.

Spoiler

A committee of MPs has produced a report criticising the gambling industry regulator for trying to reduce addiction and urging ministers to take it into special measures.

It accuses the commission of “acting ultra vires [beyond its remit] in its strategy of seeking to significantly reduce the number of problem gamblers”.

Had to read this bit twice. wtf

Spoiler

The MPs accuse the regulator, which has adopted a tougher stance amid rising public concern about gambling addiction, of displaying a “bullying attitude that has caused mental harm” 

Won't someone please think of the smol bean multi billion pound corporations causing individual and societal harm ?

Edited by Lester Freamon

2 hours ago, Lester Freamon said:

I have no idea why I put that in a spoilers box instead of a quote one.

f**k it.

I enjoyed the intrigue of it all.

The line "produced a report criticising the gambling industry regulator for trying to reduce addiction" is one hell of a wild ride.

Lord Agnew has just resigned at the Lord's despatch box over govt's handling of fraudulent covid payments.

Treasury minister announces shock resignation in Lords in protest at government mishandling of fraudulent Covid business payments

Lord Agnew of Oulton has resigned his post as a minister based jointly in the Treasury and in the Cabinet Office in a surprise statement from the despatch box in the House or Lords. He said he was quitting because of his disapproval of the government’s response to the problem of fraudulent Covid business payments. He told peers:

Given that I am the minister for counter fraud, it would be somewhat dishonest to stay on in that role if I am incapable of doing it properly.

It is for this reason that I have sadly decided to tender my resignation as a minister across the Treasury and Cabinet Office with immediate affect.

Last week the government admitted that it expected to write off more than £4bn in Covid payments that were claimed fraudulently.

Agnew received a rare round of applause in the Lords after he ended his statement.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Lord Agnew has just resigned at the Lord's despatch box over govt's handling of fraudulent covid payments.

Treasury minister announces shock resignation in Lords in protest at government mishandling of fraudulent Covid business payments

Lord Agnew of Oulton has resigned his post as a minister based jointly in the Treasury and in the Cabinet Office in a surprise statement from the despatch box in the House or Lords. He said he was quitting because of his disapproval of the government’s response to the problem of fraudulent Covid business payments. He told peers:

Given that I am the minister for counter fraud, it would be somewhat dishonest to stay on in that role if I am incapable of doing it properly.

It is for this reason that I have sadly decided to tender my resignation as a minister across the Treasury and Cabinet Office with immediate affect.

Last week the government admitted that it expected to write off more than £4bn in Covid payments that were claimed fraudulently.

Agnew received a rare round of applause in the Lords after he ended his statement.

A guy who bought his peerage through donations to the Tory party doesn't exactly scream integrity but I s'pose it's another nail in BJs coffin!

Edited by btb

16 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Wasting taxpayers money...they will be after those on benefits and asylum seekers to get the gammonati back inside 

Shapps on Sky this morning twisting himself in knots by desperately playing the "I couldn't get to see my ill father during lockdown" card for sympathy while simultaneously excusing his boss having a fucking birthday party, and being re-shown footage of said boss lying through his teeth at the dispatch box.

"Let's establish the facts" - we've established the facts, boyo.

Burley's morning chats with the Judas Goat of the Day are becoming quite the entertainment.

Honestly, fuck the Tories so much.

Half a million pounds on a private jet to Australia? Fuck off!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/27/labour-condemns-waste-of-liz-truss-taking-private-jet-to-australia

A wee bit of a financial break for folk WFH to help pay with astronomical energy costs - cancel it! Fuck off!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/28/sue-gray-report-britain-liar-met-police-partygate-report?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

We don’t need Sue Gray’s report to tell us that Britain is run by a liar

" The issue is not only whether Johnson was guilty of criminal violations of Covid regulations, but whether he broke a lockdown that he imposed on everyone else and whether he misled parliament. Those judgments cannot be outsourced to a police force, especially one led by a commissioner who has good reason to feel she only remains in her post thanks to the mercy of the prime minister. Those are decisions that should be made by politicians and voters, with access to all the facts."

We can all calm down. The honourable Sir Nicholas Soames called into LBC to tell us that we proles ought to bally well believe the Prime Minister when he speaks at us - it’s simply not on that we should automatically disbelieve senior politicians when they deign to address us; it risks undermining British democracy. He was a soldier, he reminded us - all this insubordination and disorder risks making a real Horlicks of our wonderful British state and police force, what. 

Spoiler

Soames can speak highly of the police from personal experience; they’ve always been rawthaw deferential when doing him for speeding.