Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Toff playbook my arse. It must be a generational thing. If you are going to take £80k per year off hard working taxpayers, at least be able to string a sentence together in English and make an effort with one’s appearance.
Obviously lost on these SNP jakeys.
Again, have you seen the chief scarecrow at Westminster? Have you ever heard him utter a coherent sentence?

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Again, have you seen the chief scarecrow at Westminster? Have you ever heard him utter a coherent sentence?

He’s an appalling man and I hope he’s removed from office sooner rather than later. Not a fit and proper person.

1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

Quite a lot of Conservatives in Scotland and no celtic supporters. That would tend to indicate that he’s doing something right.

Aye, being a bigoted, half-witted, flag-shagging rubber-faced c**t will certainly win him accolades amongst the dead club’s knuckle-dragging fraternity. I’d imagine the majority of Scotland are lucky enough not to know who he is.

On 15/01/2022 at 13:33, Glen Sannox said:

I was surprised at Guy Opperman’s support for Boris given that Opperman seems for the most part a decent principled bloke. I’m mindful that on here he’ll be dismissed as Tory scum, vermin etc by the civic and joyous.

That's the thing, Opperman by all accounts, and apart from a preoccupation that the democratic will of the Scottish people is not a valid enough criteria, is a centrist tory. He doesn't tick the boxes in a classic right winger nonsense checklist. Quite the opposite.

So, with that in mind, and taking into consideration his own personal experiences and how they contrast with Johnson's actions, it has to be a concern of every fair-minded centre-right supporter that someone so clearly not aligned with Johnson and his ilk, would roll over and ask "Sir, how high would you like me to jump?"

He could have chosen to give a "no comment", he could have chosen to say his circumstances were not in any way connected to Johnson holding parties (and, obvs, there is no direct link to the death of his kids), but instead he decided to make a very public show of support, diminishing his actions. I have no idea what the relationship is with his partner, but can you imagine your husband or wife, diminishing the deaths of your children in order to look servile to a politician who has clearly shown they just don't care, until they are caught.

On 15/01/2022 at 16:27, Glen Sannox said:

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for custodians of the country to be well turned out and take a bit of pride in their appearance. Maybe I’m just a bit old fashioned. It’s become apparent that the SNP oiks and their followers think otherwise.  Once a scaff, always a scaff I suppose.

Hitler wore a suit. Gandhi, on the other hand...

Really hope that the Sue Gray report, whenever it finally arrives, is a whitewash. Nap on it saying that the parties did happen, but that she believes that Johnson genuinely thought that he was popping into a work event, and so he hasn't 'technically' broken the rules...recommendations that Downing St take their responsibilities more seriously..blah blah....result Johnson hangs on, and sacks a few advisors who were at the parties.

Surely that would mean the Labour lead increasing to 15-20 points, and the Tories then having to replace Johnson after their own 'inquiry' was seen to be corrupt as well...by then its too late.

If however her report results in him going, they will reinvent themselves sufficiently for the gammons to keep voting for them at the next GE.

Edited by Jedi

11 hours ago, GordonD said:

Hitler wore a suit. Gandhi, on the other hand...

...also wore a suit. There are a remarkable number of pictures of him looking suave as f**k.

Jesus, however...

gandhi-1.jpg?maxwidth=580&mode=none&scal

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if this is just the Tories, but MP's taking thousands in bribes off bookies are blaming the regulator for bullying the gambling industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/23/mps-criticise-uk-gambling-regulator-addiction

Did Tom Watson not famously take a job with a bookies after years of campaigning for stronger regulation?

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Did Tom Watson not famously take a job with a bookies after years of campaigning for stronger regulation?

Aye, forgot about that. After falsely accusing dying old men of paedophilia.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/18/tom-watson-paddy-power-remarks-dirty