Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Interesting the Scottish Tories slip in a party political broadcast right after the STV News and Reporting Scotland.

They obviously believe Johnsons demise will play well for them and is enhanced by Ross openly calling for him to resign.

Good ol' political opportunism... ruthless fekkers aint they!

6 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Interesting the Scottish Tories slip in a party political broadcast right after the STV News and Reporting Scotland.

They obviously believe Johnsons demise will play well for them and is enhanced by Ross openly calling for him to resign.

Good ol' political opportunism... ruthless fekkers aint they!

Surely that will have scheduled for a while. Just a coincidence.

Watched that amateurish pile of shite. Strangely not convinced me to vote Tory despite my hatred of the SNP and Sturgeon.

28 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Douglas being reminded his a total irrelevance 

Isn't Gove Minister for the Union, and Minister for levelling up?

... and there he is managing to insinuate that the opinion of the Scottish Tory leader don't matter and that places outside London don't matter.

Edited by renton

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
I think he's done for this time.
Not only is there no right answer available to him today, but there's not even a better one.
If he tries humble apology, he's admitting to breaking the law and lying to the house.
If he doesn't, he's insulting everyone, further enraging public and back bench opinion.

I might be wrong, but I cannot see how he comes through this.

As predicted by many he's gone for the insult people's intelligence response.

I think he tried to do a bit of apology and a bit of justifying.

Of course he failed to do either remotely convincingly.  I know it's not exactly news that he's a duplicitous chancer.  I must admit though that he's plumbed new depths of being a total shit here.

I hadn't realised there was room for him to sink any lower in my estimation, but it turns out there was some.

Even if he somehow comes through this latest in a long line of scandals (unlikely overall as the Tories are always quick to ditch unpopular leaders and then reinvent themselves), what they can't escape is the consistent breaking of their manifesto promises in 2019:

'No rise in income tax, VAT or National Insurance'......now a 1.25% rise in Nat insurance in England

'Won't cut the foreign aid budget'...now slashed from 0.7% to 0.5%

Keep the triple lock on pensions....now suspended from April this year.

'Build 40 new hospitals'...they have plans for 3 new ones.

'Millions' more invested in schools....spending has fallen by 9% in real terms, the biggest cut for 40 years.

'50,000 new nurses'...there has been a significant decrease since 2019, and only 5000 'new' ones, at best.

'£3 billion on a National Skills Fund'....nope, very little 'new' money announced which wasn't already committed.

In other words, whether it is jobs, health, education, pensions....they have broken pretty much every commitment which they were elected on....in other words doesn't matter who their next leader is, if they can get away with all this and STILL win the next election it would be time for the Labour party to fold.

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Surely that will have scheduled for a while. Just a coincidence.

Watched that amateurish pile of shite. Strangely not convinced me to vote Tory despite my hatred of the SNP and Sturgeon.

Ross's haste to the microphones today is reminiscent of a young guy leading aff his troops headlong against the Barlanark Young Team circa 1977 and turning round to find he is completely on his tod.  It seldom ends well.

Mind when Davidson got a bit carried away thinking she had enough clout to slag BoJo and ended up killing off her political career. I think Ross has more accurately assessed Johnson as a sitting duck this time to be fair. Even then, the reaction from London completely undermines Scotland's role in the union, which is his only policy. Fuds.