Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Labour granted an Urgent Question in the Commons today.

Johnson sends out Michael Ellis to defend him.

What an utter shitebag. 

An urgent question? Wow. That'll shake the establishment to the core! 

Still, it'll be useful for English language students.  They will find out all the different ways there are to say "there's an investigation underway, so there will be no further comments on these or related matters until that investigation is complete." 

Total stonewall by all tories trotted out to try and defend BJ. Wait for investigation blah blah blah. However, by doing do and using the defence that these latest allegations will slow that down, indicates that the investigation hasn't already been told about this party. If that is the case, they/he are lying to the investigator which should be the final nail in the coffin. 

What is very telling is the total lack of support from any senior Tories including empty front bench in the HOC. That suggests that they no longer support him. 

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Leader of the opposition, Angela Rayner, has just tabled an urgent question in the house, on the latest party issues, which means that some cretin, if not the PM, will have to appear before the house to answer it.

Dunno where that other alleged leader of the opposition was., but does anyone care?

Starmer isolating with Covid. Do keep up.

Anyone else noticing the manoeuvring of the Scottish tories here. Desperate to distance themselves, I see Davidson has been quite vocal about this.

I wonder if she fancies a cheeky run for leader if Johnson is cast aside? Think of it, the tories love a strong woman, in a misogynistic fashion - not an empowerment way, and Davidson is not tainted by being "part of the old gang". She would likely appeal to soft tories in the North of England, and certainly would bolster the Scots tories. She ticks the box regarding inclusivity; young(ish), female and gay, and doesn't have the level of baggage other tories have (defending the 'rape clause' is not an issue for tories, they love that stuff) and I would imagine top brass would consider her manipulable, with the thought she can be a figurehead but it's the 1922 committee that runs things - although that's not that different to how it is now.

She is in the Lords just now, because that's how power and privilege works, and technically there is no requirement for the party leader to be an MP. Look at the SNP for example, they have a leader in the house, but the leader of the party doesn't sit in Westminster. In fact not being in Westminster and allowing a proxy to field all the awkward stuff would be the sort of ploy the tories have been searching for. They had intended in bypassing the commons altogether with their Downing Street press officer position, no need to do that when you can line up sock puppet after sock puppet at the despatch box knowing the leader will be shielded and any mistakes by the puppet would fall upon them, a quick beheading and long live the next sock puppet.

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That was over 1 week ago he tested positive. Is he still self isolating? Does anyone actually care?

His deputy is a lot more effective than he is.

I would imagine plenty of people care. There a few folk who see him as a future PM.

The problem with Starmer is he was photographed in a gathering with Labour drones, although nowhere near as bad as the parties at downing street they can use it to deflect and muddy the waters. Rayner is quite witty and has the ex-carer vibe and the advantage of being female which Bozo finds hard to deal with.

Edited by dirty dingus

15 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Chubby Duggy Ross throwing Bozo under the bus now on sky news, saying he needs to answer whether he was there or not and if he was he needs punted. Also a rumour of the dreaded letter going in.

Read my last post. I feel there may be more to this than meets the eye.

Who did Martin Reynolds have in mind reference his use of "we" rather than "I" in that leaked email?

Also why do we have to wait for the enquiry to complete before it can be established whether BoJo was there or not. Weren't fines of up to 10K being dished out around that time for organisers of large parties? Just how complicit in all this was BJ? Will he confirm at tomorrow's PMQs whether he was at that party or not?

"Hi all,

"After what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No10 garden this evening.

"Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!"

Edited by ICTJohnboy

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The thing is that I have no problem with folk having parties back then.

Personally, I never bothered with any of the stupid rules.

However, if you make the rules, you need to abide by the rules.

Don't think Boris will last much longer.

The sooner he’s gone the better.

Good on you. Maybe that's why your marked down as the resident bawbag.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Read my last post. I feel there may be more to this than meets the eye.

She would get chewed up and spat out by the dinosaurs in the ERG.  Can't imagine Mogg and co. having a lesbian remaining Scot in the UK hot seat. Think the wee sneaky banker is the most likely.

2 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

She would get chewed up and spat out by the dinosaurs in the ERG.  Can't imagine Mogg and co. having a lesbian remaining Scot in the UK hot seat. Think the wee sneaky banker is the most likely.

TELEMMGLPICT000275821420_trans_NvBQzQNjv