Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/25/tories-johnson-can-win-elections-cant-govern

Those knocks now have consequences. By far the most significant words this week were not Johnson’s halting “Forgive me … forgive me” in South Shields. They were the incendiary comments reported by the BBC’s political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, from a Downing Street source: “There is a lot of concern in the building … It’s just not working.”

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Wasn't sure where to put this but, here will do. Not all the tories are despicable c***s, some are just complete cretins.

Why is the young team committing crimes?  Is it the poverty, being let down by the education system, the lack of opportunities? 

Nah, it’s cos they watched peaky blinders,  which would have been ok,  but instead of watching the old doctor who they watched the new one.

22 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

These stories make a great headline but the point is whether HMRC is getting a good deal or not. I would imagine it would have been through umpteen checks by civil servants and surveyors. Show it’s a bad deal for the taxpayer then you’ve got a headline.

A bit like BOJO going to his pal Bingham who got the vaccine deal fast tracked with AZ and Oxford. Looks bad on the face of it but the result was life saving. Depends on the outcome.

HMRC getting a cheaper rent is not the same as the exchequer being better off.  Every £100 in rent subject to UK corporate tax costs the exchequer £81.

10% off with no tax represents a loss to the country. 

Not that the fiscal arithmetic is the only issue here, but it's not even a justification. 

I remember when Jimmy Carr was publicly castigated by the then PM, Cameron, because he used a tax avoidance scheme. I always thought it was strange that Carr was singled out, when so many others used/use similar schemes.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/21/treasury-minister-lucy-frazer-accused-of-conflict-of-interest-over-husbands-firm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/22/johnson-urged-to-stop-mps-using-personal-companies-to-cut-tax-bills

I'm not defending Carr, but wondering if there's some hypocrisy

Even at the time, it was pretty clear why Carr was being singled out: wonderful publicity about cracking down on tax avoidance while making sure the biggest culprits were safely able to continue.

Same as when there's a new crackdown on "benefit fraud" by tightening the screw on people on the breadline, while emptying the public purse into the pockets of their friends and family.

• 2 weeks later...

Tories v Humans

Today's the big unveil of the "common sense" HRA proposals. 

Plenty of dog whistling about foreign criminals in the build up. 

Expect this to be a toe in the water to see what they can get away with so no baws out reintroduction of serfdom today. That's the endgame though. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Tories v Humans

Expect this to be a toe in the water to see what they can get away with so no baws out reintroduction of serfdom today. That's the endgame though. 

This kind of act just confirms their fascist leanings.

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Tories v Humans

The MoJ spokesman said it's about fighting "wokery and political correctness”. So Her Majesty's Government's policy objective is now to trigger the libtards.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The MoJ spokesman said it's about fighting "wokery and political correctness”. So Her Majesty's Government's policy objective is now to trigger the libtards.

It's just the flip side of those who constantly talk up and bang on about racism, the far-right, 'hostile environment' and other such nonsense.

Wokery and political correctness are indeed issues at the moment, and should be fought IMO.

Edited by Scott Steiner

22 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

It's just the flip side of those who constantly talking up and bang on about racism, the far-right, 'hostile environment' and other such nonsense.

Wokery and political correctness are indeed issues at the moment, and should be fought IMO.

I find many proponents of "wokery" and "political correctness" to be unthinking dogmatists and slightly irritating. 

The proportionate response is to ignore the more shrill idiots and get on with your life. 

Disproportionate responses include:

-Repealing protections in line with internationally respected human rights norms. 

-Spamming the politics forum of a scottish football fan website with idiotic drivel, trivialising people's real and justified concerns about both racism and a racist policy of repatriation. 

You are clearly on the side of racists if not actually one yourself. 

Please f**k off. 

55 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

It's just the flip side of those who constantly talk up and bang on about racism, the far-right, 'hostile environment' and other such nonsense.

I find it saddening that our leading politicians are taking their political philosophy and vocabulary from American teenagers on 4/8chan.

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I find many proponents of "wokery" and "political correctness" to be unthinking dogmatists and slightly irritating. 

The proportionate response is to ignore the more shrill idiots and get on with your life. 

Disproportionate responses include:

-Repealing protections in line with internationally respected human rights norms. 

-Spamming the politics forum of a scottish football fan website with idiotic drivel, trivialising people's real and justified concerns about both racism and a racist policy of repatriation. 

You are clearly on the side of racists if not actually one yourself. 

Please f**k off. 

I've never trivialised people's real and justified concerns about either racism or a racist policy of repatriation in my life, not have I ever supported the repealing of protections that are in line with internationally respected human rights norms.

Why on earth would you believe me to be on the side of the racists?

No, I shall not F-off.  Nor will I mimmick your rude behaviour.  Why?  Because I don't need to.  Unlike you, I have substance behind my arguments.

Edited by Scott Steiner