Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This is the creepy fucker who bunged all these millions to Cameron. Looks like some kind of cloning experiment.

Christ. Looks like someone put Douglas Ross in a microwave

If only.

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 09/08/2021 at 20:14, Dawson Park Boy said:
Looks terrible.
Will need to look into it.
i know my son had a zoom meeting with him regarding investments and I told him to stay well clear.

We need a new "Things that didn't happen thread" exclusively for all the DPB tall tales !

Oh well, please yourself.

You’ll  miss out on quite a few ‘nuggets’.

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 09/08/2021 at 20:14, Dawson Park Boy said:
Looks terrible.
Will need to look into it.
i know my son had a zoom meeting with him regarding investments and I told him to stay well clear.

We need a new "Things that didn't happen thread" exclusively for all the DPB tall tales !

There's Mr and Mrs DPB Snr existing, having sex, and producing this horrific wee caricature, for a start..

44 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Oh well, please yourself.

You’ll  miss out on quite a few ‘nuggets’.

He's not saying he doesn't want to read your nonsense, just that he'd like it all compiled into a nice, easy-to-find digest in case he misses anything entertaining.

It's a compliment, in a way.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He's not saying he doesn't want to read your nonsense, just that he'd like it all compiled into a nice, easy-to-find digest in case he misses anything entertaining.

It's a compliment, in a way.

Fair enough.

Problem is that everything I post on here is absolutely true.

Impossible to verify, I’m afraid.

• 1 month later...

They're just taking the pish now:

AN unelected millionaire Tory donor has been made a minister at the Scotland Office.

Malcolm Offord, an Edinburgh-based financier who ran the pro-Union No Borders campaign during the 2014 referendum, has been catapulted into the job after being given a peerage.

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

AN unelected millionaire Tory donor has been made a minister at the Scotland Office.

Malcolm Offord, an Edinburgh-based financier who ran the pro-Union No Borders campaign during the 2014 referendum, has been catapulted into the job after being given a peerage.

In a second referendum campaign, will they amend the “No Borders” stuff to include “except with those dirty foreign b*****ds on the continent” or will they have the brass neck to use the slogan again, unaltered?

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

In a second referendum campaign, will they amend the “No Borders” stuff to include “except with those dirty foreign b*****ds on the continent” or will they have the brass neck to use the slogan again, unaltered?

Good question. With more people realising that the current 'crisis' can't all be because of covid and seeing, for example, job vacancy ads appearing in loads of shops you'd think the 'no borders' slogan will have to be rethought. Then again...

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

They'll build a wee stone cairn and write a shite folk song like last time.

Just goes to show that if you astroturf a campaign for the British establishment, you'll be well rewarded down the line. 

Except Stormzy of course, who was emptied.

16 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I mentioned this constitutional outrage on another thread.  As long as we are tied to Westminster's undemocratic old pals club as our government, that sort of nonsense will continue. 

The whole notion of places in government for these unelected types is revolting. This guy, now trusted to have a role in government, was so highly thought of by his own party that he reached the heady heights of FIFTH place on the Lothians List for the 2021 Scottish Parliament election.  A guy who couldn't impress even his own party enough to be thought of as worthy of having a fighting chance of being elected to the Scottish Parliament now finds himself in government.  Presumably donations to the party of just under £150k added to his list of qualifications for high office. 

No doubt Tories and other unionists will try to defend the situation. Good luck. 

• 1 month later...

I posted about this on another thread, but I wondered if it might also suit this thread title as well. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/25/hmrc-to-relocate-to-newcastle-office-owned-by-tory-donors-via-tax-haven

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

"HM Revenue and Customs has struck a deal to relocate tax officials into a new office complex in Newcastle owned by major Conservative party donors through an offshore company based in a tax haven, the Guardian can reveal." 

I'll leave it to other to decide if it fits the "corruption and hypocrisy" category.  Here's another quote from the article to give it some context....

"The deal will see officials at the government department responsible for preventing tax avoidance working from a site owned by a subsidiary of a company based in a secretive offshore tax jurisdiction.

Wow. 

53 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I posted about this on another thread, but I wondered if it might also suit this thread title as well. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/25/hmrc-to-relocate-to-newcastle-office-owned-by-tory-donors-via-tax-haven

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

"HM Revenue and Customs has struck a deal to relocate tax officials into a new office complex in Newcastle owned by major Conservative party donors through an offshore company based in a tax haven, the Guardian can reveal." 

I'll leave it to other to decide if it fits the "corruption and hypocrisy" category.  Here's another quote from the article to give it some context....

"The deal will see officials at the government department responsible for preventing tax avoidance working from a site owned by a subsidiary of a company based in a secretive offshore tax jurisdiction.

Wow. 

These stories make a great headline but the point is whether HMRC is getting a good deal or not. I would imagine it would have been through umpteen checks by civil servants and surveyors. Show it’s a bad deal for the taxpayer then you’ve got a headline.

A bit like BOJO going to his pal Bingham who got the vaccine deal fast tracked with AZ and Oxford. Looks bad on the face of it but the result was life saving. Depends on the outcome.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

These stories make a great headline but the point is whether HMRC is getting a good deal or not. I would imagine it would have been through umpteen checks by civil servants and surveyors. Show it’s a bad deal for the taxpayer then you’ve got a headline.

A bit like BOJO going to his pal Bingham who got the vaccine deal fast tracked with AZ and Oxford. Looks bad on the face of it but the result was life saving. Depends on the outcome.

Well, you might think so, but I can just imagine the reaction if it had been a Scottish Government department "initiative".