Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

£900K well spent on a staunch paint job for a refuelling plane.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6SPWcoX0AU1abK?format=jpg&name=medium

What actually caught my eye was the headline "Middle aged women can be the worst trolls"

Excepting the fine poster I've quoted looking around P&B reminds me of John Cheese asking in The Life of Brian stoning scene "there aren't any women here, are there?"

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/15/ex-bullingdon-club-member-appointed-to-whitehalls-sleaze-watchdog

Ex-Bullingdon Club member appointed to Whitehall’s sleaze watchdog

Corruption in plain sight.

Imagine the MSM response if a similar thing happened in Scotland.  They’d be falling over themselves to give DRoss a full front page spread.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/04/covid-contracts-minister-lord-bethell-replaced-phone-before-it-could-be-searched

"However, a witness statement from a government lawyer revealed Bethell replaced his phone in early 2021 and it may no longer be possible to retrieve the information about his dealings with Abingdon, although efforts are being made to recover them from his mobile phone provider."

He must have been unlucky, as I've changed my phone several times, and the Whatsapp messages have automatically reappeared from backup.

Edited by Soapy FFC

11 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/04/covid-contracts-minister-lord-bethell-replaced-phone-before-it-could-be-searched

"However, a witness statement from a government lawyer revealed Bethell replaced his phone in early 2021 and it may no longer be possible to retrieve the information about his dealings with Abingdon, although efforts are being made to recover them from his mobile phone provider."

He must have been unlucky, as I've changed my phone several times, and the Whatsapp messages have automatically reappeared from backup.

You have to agree to store them on the cloud, as I found out when I switched to a new phone and they'd all gone. In his case you'd think he'd be legally obliged to though.

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You have to agree to store them on the cloud, as I found out when I switched to a new phone and they'd all gone. In his case you'd think he'd be legally obliged to though.

Aye so that'll make all the difference to him then.

I think they're "legally obliged" not to use their personal phones for government business but that doesn't seem to stop them when they want to make their dodgy deals with less scrutiny.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looks terrible.

Will need to look into it.

i know my son had a zoom meeting with him regarding investments and I told him to stay well clear.

This is, by a country mile, the funniest thing I've read on P&B today. 

33 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Was it a one-to-one zoom meeting your son had with Cameron?

No.

One of his jobs was to network people in the investment scene to canvas for new start-ups and get people and funds to invest.

I don’t think this was to do with Greensill.

Fortunately, for my son, this happened just when the Greensill affair was coming out and rather blighted Cameron’s credibility.

Sounds a shabby business.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I doubt many Tory voters will be bothered by the revelations about Cameron.

I don’t know.

Blair was bad but this could be worse.

TBF, Gordon Brown seems to have stayed clear of this type of scandal.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omission