Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

23 minutes ago, Pato said:

ah c'mon he just did it so he could look like a president which is reason enough to pillory him regardless of the other optics.

This is true of course, but this was why the plane was commissioned in the 1st place.

Considering everything else he and his pals are up to, I just struggle to care about 'fatheaded idiot takes short haul flight' tbh

I've been watching Hancock give evidence to the HoC Committees.  Much is being made of the fact that Cummings hasn't yet provided any evidence to back up his earlier claims about the Government's handling of the virus. 

I can't quite make my mind up on this.... Is Cummings really daft enough to give evidence to Parliament that was blatantly false... or, as I must confess would be my hope, he has the evidence but won't release it until after Hancock has given his own evidence, thus making Hancock's position terminal? 

I don't like Cummings and wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a bus, but I wouldn't say he was stupid.  I suspect that there is a plan, somewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I don't like Cummings and wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a bus, but I wouldn't say he was stupid.  I suspect that there is a plan, somewhere. 

I think his press conference last year and the fact he blatantly alters his blogs years after the fact to appear prescient suggests he is pretty stupid but luckily for him the public and political spheres in this country are even stupider so he can come across like the modern Machiavelli in the same way Steve Bannon briefly did because he read a book by Plato.

23 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We also have to remember to view any of this Government's dealings through a relaity-distorter which makes an actual fucking traitor Home Secretary, responsible for the rule of law in the UK*. 

*Not U for much longer, thankfully, as the pandering to the less decent instincts of the proletariat mean that at least two, and possibly three, nations will be leaving in my lifetime, leaving the tories with London and a vast hinterland still angry, but running out of targets for that anger. My Birth Certificate is going to be woth its weight in gold. 

Hope you're young. 

I saw some of the Hancock deposition earlier today - at one point he made a claim that the govt. was ready to introduce Lockdown1 earlier than it actually happened but decided against due to scientific advice. I guess there may have been some scientists holding out against said Lockdown but if flies in the face of what has been reported for over a year that the government has, in general, been reluctant to implement majority SAGE advice promptly. 

No doubt the Independent enquiry (when it comes) will sort out whether the political decisions were made on the best contemporaneous scientific advice throughout the course of the pandemic - or not.

Looks like Cummings thinks he's given his old mates enough rope. Releasing details of a whatsapp group involving Johnson and Hancock from last year. Bearing in mind, Hancock's just been in front of the Select Committee denying everything..

How to Make ¨Better than Movie Theater¨ Popcorn at Home

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Looks like Cummings thinks he's given his old mates enough rope. Releasing details of a whatsapp group involving Johnson and Hancock from last year. Bearing in mind, Hancock's just been in front of the Select Committee denying everything..

How to Make ¨Better than Movie Theater¨ Popcorn at Home

Laura on twitter only days it bad news for Hancock though 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1405112471086579715?s=19

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Laura on twitter only days it bad news for Hancock though 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1405112471086579715?s=19

I know I'm old-fashioned, but it can't be good for the idiot who describes him as "totally fucking hopeless", yet keeps him in post - in what could reasonably be described as the most important job in the country during a pandemic - for over a year as evidence mounts that he is, in fact, totally fucking hopeless. 

4 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

You have to hand it to Cummings. He may be weird and have his own agenda, but he has all the ammo and he's playing an absolute blinder. 

aye for a total dickhead he's at least using it for something positive. too bad the majority of england and the odd clown up here will ignore this and still vote for them.

You'd have thought that Boris Johnson, a man who has little time for relationships and loyalty, might have foreseen the dangers of hiring Dominic Cummings, a man that also has little time for these things. 

You can dismiss him as an angry, bitter ex-employee as I'm sure the Government will try to. But he has no fear whatsoever and will continue embarrassing all and sundry. 

The opposition must be regretting their targeting of him back in the early days. He is their best weapon now. 

You'd have thought that Boris Johnson, a man who has little time for relationships and loyalty, might have foreseen the dangers of hiring Dominic Cummings, a man that also has little time for these things. 
You can dismiss him as an angry, bitter ex-employee as I'm sure the Government will try to. But he has no fear whatsoever and will continue embarrassing all and sundry. 
The opposition must be regretting their targeting of him back in the early days. He is their best weapon now. 

He’s a lazy b*****d who wanted to be PM and Cummings guaranteed him that he could be PM while Dom did all the work and elaborated on the ideology.

All this tory government minister infighting and blame will, as it always does, implode and end in tears, re Thatcher who they stabbed in the back and yet now venerate her as a tory saint.

It is the tory party MO.

All these front bench half wits are being carried by Boris's popularity within england, but eventually this popularity will wane and the likes of the all powerful 1922 Committee will already be honing their blades in readiness for the inevitable blood bath, we've seen it all before.

For now though the clowns will continue to display false solidarity as they shout support for each other through clenched teeth and a waxy smile.

It is immeasurably pathetic that a country could be governed by such hapless fools that by their incompetence Trump would feel right at home among them.