Clyde vs East Fife Match Thread

Good performance from us today. Great to see Fash back in the black and gold and getting on the scoresheet. Clyde looked very poor though. Their central defenders played pretty well first half and Goodwillie is always dangerous but apart from that, they looked poor. Even the normally reliable Mitchell had a bit of a shocker.

Fantastic win and thoroughly deserved the three points. I did think we looked a little bit rusty, particularly in the final third of the pitch but that's to be expected given it was their first proper competitive fixture in 2 months. Other than that, I was delighted with the overall performance. Thought our off-the-ball pressing, closing down and desire to regain possession of the ball was as good as I've seen from an EF squad for a long time. I guess that's what happens when you have more players competing for a starting place. 

Brilliant finish from Fash for the first goal. Would be great if we could secure his services for the remainder of the season, now it looks unlikely that Kelty will be playing again. Second was a cracking header and couldn't quite believe it tuned out to be Denholm that scored! And the third goal was an absolutely superbly worked out team goal. 

Expected better from Clyde to be absolutely honest. Their game plan looked to me that they would launch the ball up top for Goodwillie to produce a bit of magic or in the hope that the opposition's back line messes it up big time. Could have been an entirely different outcome had Goodwillie scored that one-on-one before we got our 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

image.png.98e4198fcca3f1e3680627c1cd8b1e59.png

Hide contents

image.png.95dd9d24b32226058857d2b9ab81cef1.png

Only East Fife have scored more goals than Clyde :lol: ? 

We'll just ignore the fact we've conceded more than twice the number of the next poorest side defensively. 19 goals in 6 games:blink: