2021-22 Non-League Predictions

2021-22 Non-League Predictions  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'd say yes to both. I wouldn't be surprised if we ultimately get a Tayside league ending up underneath the HL And if that happens, I'd be very happy.

Right now i'm only expecting the ERSJFA to end up a Tayside league by default outside the pyramid for 2021-22. I'm not convinced there will be enough clubs that follow Forfar WE's lead to make it an issue, which would probably see Forfar WE's application fail. That then sees another year of wondering where they slot into the pyramid.

I also think COVID has probably put the Highland pyramid on hold for another year as it still doesn't seem like the North Juniors are that keen and the NCL can't go it alone.

Still hopeful of a Midland league at tier 6 with all clubs moving as one. Personally I'm not fussed whether it feeds into Lowland or Highland but think the preferred option for most clubs is Lowland. The seethe on here if that happens might explode the internet.

Right now i'm only expecting the ERSJFA to end up a Tayside league by default outside the pyramid for 2021-22. I'm not convinced there will be enough clubs that follow Forfar WE's lead to make it an issue, which would probably see Forfar WE's application fail. That then sees another year of wondering where they slot into the pyramid.
I also think COVID has probably put the Highland pyramid on hold for another year as it still doesn't seem like the North Juniors are that keen and the NCL can't go it alone.
Maybe 2021/22 is a bit over-ambitious if I'm honest. But I think a solution like what I described is now more a matter of time. Staying separate is clearly not sustainable anymore.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any particular reason?

16 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Any particular reason?

They only cover the Highlands. It's unlikely to be a situation where promotion/relegation would apply. Where you would be looking at their Champion getting promoted but no one relegated from the Highland League. As no one is likely to get licenced anytime soon, it would only apply to Golspie Sutherland who can actually just apply to the Highland League if they were interested.

There's also just the observation that since their 2018 AGM they've been fully positive around the idea of signing up for the pyramid. Yet haven't so far. As I believe they fall under the SFA's JPP which is what has given them their quasi Senior status, it's not like they've had any administrative differences like Junior/Senior to have prevented it.

I think the geography lends itself to an Aberdeenshire Aberdeen Angus Dundee division at tier 5 in parallel with a Moray Highland and islands division.

So I predict that there will have to be a North representative in the pyramid playoffs. And this North representative will be the winners of a Highland League v Grampian League playoff.

The Highland League will therefore be divisions of seniors and former juniors from Moray  Inverness Highland and islands areas.

The Grampian League will therefore be divisions of seniors and former juniors from Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Angus Dundee areas.

If they get on with it now then the issues will be resolved and leagues set up in time for the new season.

Edited by theboke

• 4 weeks later...

It would be neat if the new Midlands League has its boundaries as two of the interpretations of 56 45 13 N: the mouth of the River Tay and the mouth of the River North Esk.

I'm not sure what the obsession with rivers is mind you: council boundaries, representing human geography, seem like a more logical distinction for our human activities.