Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

That was my thought, anything like this needs confirmed at AGM (or EGM), so in theory at least B teams could still be kicked-out by the LL.

Usually have the LL AGM before the SFA one though unfortunately. Until the Conference League is voted down. I don't see enough will to kick them out.

8 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Aberdeen will be in the LL?

Screenshot_20230602_110204_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aberdeen have said they won't be taking up the offer. Can't see them changing their minds surely. And it was an invite to the conference. Not the LL

Edited by lithgierose

19 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

AGM was last Monday

Given the threat of a Conference League being imposed for next season was - allegedly - the only reason why some clubs voted for B teams inclusion in the LL for another season,  then I assume those clubs will want the decision reversed as they've been "had" ?

17 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Given the threat of a Conference League being imposed for next season was - allegedly - the only reason why some clubs voted for B teams inclusion in the LL for another season,  then I assume those clubs will want the decision reversed as they've been "had" ?

And the chances of that are no chance used that scenario as it suited their agenda 

23 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Emergency EGM should be called then surely

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Aberdeen have said they won't be taking up the offer. Can't see them changing their minds surely. And it was an invite to the conference. Not the LL

Isn't that for the conference league.  Either way, I'd be surprised if they had been accepted/applied given their stance; but then again, having Lowland League teams travel to Aberdeen wouldn't surprise me at all in this shit show and clusterfuck of an org we have. 

Wonder if The Lowland League Catchup will do a follow up show dissecting the bullshit they've been fed by Uncle George and again the other week by Thomas Brown, then have a balanced debate on the situation... Oh wait! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bully Wee Villa changed the title to Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

Can anyone make head or tail of this?

Indeed, all 10 teams who contributed most to the development of players for last year’s World Cup have B teams operating in national senior leagues. 

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-scottish-lowland-football-league/6jLBPpT4G4BgTju0QQfL7X

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr80/en/

image.png.83cbdaaf347dbae76e0f7f9546e1c24d.png

All of the ten clubs that have contributed most to the development of players for the 2022 FIFA World Cup have B-teams playing in national senior leagues, mostly below the second tier of competition, but sometimes also within the second domestic tier, as in the case of AFC Ajax. These teams have played a key role in the transition from youth to adult football for many of the future FIFA World Cup participants.

How long before they try to launch a breakaway SPL v2.0 for the full-time clubs, only with a second tier for Morton and Falkirk to keep the reserve sides match fit?