Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

On 08/06/2022 at 12:37, Leonidas said:

I would be very careful throwing accusations around until you all know the facts.

I have been reliably informed by my friends in the west at EK that they were 100% against the guest clubs being admitted for a 2nd year and would have voted accordingly

We know that ain't true.

On 26/04/2023 at 18:46, Gordon EF said:

Every year a different carrot or stick is dangled above the heads of LL chairmen and every season they fall for it just to find out there never really was a carrot or stick. Dogs would learn not to respond to that tactic quicker.

Aye, especially as dogs aren't particularly fond of carrots.

Sticks, on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Yes, they are fond of carrots.

We've already established that as fact. Pay attention at the back...

I'd already posted by the time I came across that.

And I don't believe you...

Every dug we've ever had loved a raw carrot. Didn't believe it either until I saw it in action. They love the things.

I'm sensing a new P&B civil war approaching...

7 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Every dug we've ever had loved a raw carrot. Didn't believe it either until I saw it in action. They love the things.

I'm sensing a new P&B civil war approaching...

Doggy "action" with a carrot. Pervert.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

To be fair to the Lowland League clubs, the Highland League clubs were also told that the conference was a "done deal" with no SFA AGM vote, so I presume the Lowland League clubs were told if they didn't let the B-teams back in for 23/24, the Conference would start in 23/24, so by voting yes to B-teams they could delay the conference for a year to 24/25, giving a bit of time to point out that the whole proposal didn't advantage any club whatsoever, including Rangers and Celtic youth players according to the Rangers manager. I suspect Ian Maxwell and Thomas Brown have a bit of explaining to do.

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

To be fair to the Lowland League clubs, the Highland League clubs were also told that the conference was a "done deal" with no SFA AGM vote, so I presume the Lowland League clubs were told if they didn't let the B-teams back in for 23/24, the Conference would start in 23/24, so by voting yes to B-teams they could delay the conference for a year to 24/25, giving a bit of time to point out that the whole proposal didn't advantage any club whatsoever, including Rangers and Celtic youth players according to the Rangers manager. I suspect Ian Maxwell and Thomas Brown have a bit of explaining to do.

If by 'fair' you meant 'simpering', sure. LL clubs are supposed to be run by sentient adults with minds of their own and the ability to critically think about the incomplete information they're given. Signing up for the Mr Burns' Mystery Box was a pathetic failure of due diligence. 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Whatever vote they had I think was largely indicative. Since by the time the AGM rolls around the membership will have changed. It's more a case of the SFA and B teams would kick up a fuss if months of planning for 2023-24 were thrown out last minute.

That was my thought, anything like this needs confirmed at AGM (or EGM), so in theory at least B teams could still be kicked-out by the LL.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

That may still need to be formally ratified at their AGM and given the momentum that appears to be building where the SFA AGM vote is concerned...