Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

55 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I for one think we should be taking notes from the successes of Norway

image.png.e76b68649344cb89ae498886d8dc7254.png

image.png.abaa331a16f64dd3dc46702a68905bc8.png

Yes, read Soccernomics, 'Chapter 16: The Curse of Poverty' and you'll find out why Norway is one of the most successful sporting nations in the world, per capita.

Football success includes the likes of Erling Haaland who played B team football for 2 clubs (Bryne and Molde) in Norway and was also exceptional at Handball and Athletics.  Martin Odegaard played for B and C teams at Stromsgodet, then 58 times for Real Madrid Castilla.

Both are world-class players in the making, if not already. 

Heia Norge.

Edited by Che Dail

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

All of which will include the need to have B teams in LL next season, I would imagine.

I'm lead to believe none of the three options involve B teams in the LL.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Presumably they involve B teams in a new SPFL League 3, which will also contain teams from the LL. The cryptic nature of these posts is telling.

They're not cryptic, I don't know the three options but it doesn't take a genius to guess that one will the SPFL3, and another probably an expanded L2. Apparently the other option isn't the LL.

What is apparent is the SFA want B teams, and more of them.

An excellent article on BBC website about Benfica. 

Highlighting benefits of competitive football for development of young talent.

Scottish football doesn't really offer much opportunity for youngsters to be blooded.

Champions League: Inside Benfica's £1bn talent factory - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64763373

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

They're not cryptic, I don't know the three options but it doesn't take a genius to guess that one will the SPFL3, and another probably an expanded L2. Apparently the other option isn't the LL.

What is apparent is the SFA want B teams, and more of them.

I'm confused as to why the Pyramid Working Group would be the place to sell either of these options, given that both of the listed options pertain to the SPFL rather than the pyramid.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I'm confused as to why the Pyramid Working Group would be the place to sell either of these options, given that both of the listed options pertain to the SPFL rather than the pyramid.

According to my (SPFL) source that upto 4 SPFL clubs have been asked to attend.  I may find out more after the meeting.

31 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I'm lead to believe none of the three options involve B teams in the LL.

Wow!!! Have to say that I am shocked with that, I thought that was the point of the review. However, welcome news.

Edit - Just read your other reply, makes sense now.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

4 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Wow!!! Have to say that I am shocked with that, I thought that was the point of the review. However, welcome news.

Edit - Just read your other reply, makes sense now.

That of course gives no guarantees that they won't be in the LL next season.  The meeting is to find a way forward and as we know from bitter experience, the PWG rarely - if ever - comes to any sort on consensus.

Just now, Burnieman said:

That of course gives no guarantees that they won't be in the LL next season.  The meeting is to find a way forward and as we know from bitter experience, the PWG rarely - if ever - comes to any sort on consensus.

Very good point!! I still can’t see how the SPFL div 2 clubs would buy into this.

5 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Very good point!! I still can’t see how the SPFL div 2 clubs would buy into this.

They won’t but Maxwell isn’t bothered. He said he would come up with a proposal, not his fault if Clubs vote it down.

His job was done months ago when he got the B Teams into the LL.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

They won’t but Maxwell isn’t bothered. He said he would come up with a proposal, not his fault if Clubs vote it down.

His job was done months ago when he got the B Teams into the LL.

Be interesting to see what sh1t he comes out with to get them in next season.

9 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

My guess as to what the three proposals are is:

SPFL2 remains at ten teams with movement between SPFL2 & tier 5 adjusted
SPFL2 expanded
Creation of SPFL3

Would take SPFL3 but without B teams.

That would at least move everybody up a level.

The LL could then look a bit less like a pantomime league.