Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Wondering if the SFA insisted on the Lowland League being limited to 16 teams when it was set up specifically to allow room for B-teams later on? 

Could nae even get 16 teams in its 1st season so very much doubt it. 

B s have only became a recent addition. 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

When the Pyramid kicked off the Lowland League were restricted to 16 teams, I think by the SFA, while no such rule applies to the Highland League. Just wondering if that was the reason.

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Well they could. 17 clubs applied. They just chose to restrict to 12. As they were prioritising the ability to meet licencing standards, as well as leave space open in case there was a change of heart.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

When the Pyramid kicked off the Lowland League were restricted to 16 teams, I think by the SFA, while no such rule applies to the Highland League. Just wondering if that was the reason.

The Highland League already had 18 teams, I think that was just a path of least resistance thing as much as anything.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Highland League already had 18 teams, I think that was just a path of least resistance thing as much as anything.

It's varied from season to season, no fixed number makes more sense with the pyramid coming into force and limited licensed clubs from below. Other than limiting scary juniors coming up or leaving room for B-teams I don't see why the LL was fixed at 16.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's varied from season to season, no fixed number makes more sense with the pyramid coming into force and limited licensed clubs from below. Other than limiting scary juniors coming up or leaving room for B-teams I don't see why the LL was fixed at 16.

Because from the beginning the Lowland League was due to have feeder leagues in at least the SoS & EoS. A workable arrangement needed to be in place.

You can see how the no fixed number is a bit daft in the Highland League with feeders in place. If Brechin had gone back up, on paper the T6 teams would have been playing for 17th place next season. Unless that season's SPFL Playoff made it 16/18 or the HL decided to spare 17th relegation.

There wasn't some conspiracy about B teams.

17 teams wasn't a big problem when it happened before in the Highland League, either a week off or a rearranged postponed fixture. I'm more curious about why they fixed on 16 rather than 18 for the Lowland, most leagues with 16 have a complicated end of season split. 

Edited by welshbairn

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

17 teams wasn't a big problem when it happened before in the Highland League, either a week off or a rearranged postponed fixture. I'm more curious about why they fixed on 16 rather than 18 for the Lowland, most leagues with 16 have a complicated end of season split. 

2012 SJFA East Region AGM they voted to go to 16-16-16N/16S in the 2013-14 season. No complicated splits, no conspiracy theories about B teams to be introduced, no SFA influence.

It's a mystery.

Some people just see 16 as an ideal number for part-time football played over roughly 40 week seasons.

• TheGreenElves changed the title to Celtic and Rangers B Teams in Lowland League?

Can we no just kill this thread.

Ma wee brain is skunnered keepin up wi aw these differing threads aboot the same hing.

I'm scared I'll miss sumit guid wan day an that will just piss me rite aff so it will.

🚾put it in here.

I wonder what the highland league teams think of these three b teams being inserted into the league for coin?

It has to give a financial advantage to the lowland league team.Doesnt seem like financial fair play.Are there rules for this?

14 hours ago, Sparticus said:

I wonder what the highland league teams think of these three b teams being inserted into the league for coin?

It has to give a financial advantage to the lowland league team.Doesnt seem like financial fair play.Are there rules for this?

I just think the Highland League teams are grateful they aren't getting forced on us, £7500 wouldn't buy much advantage anyway.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I just think the Highland League teams are grateful they aren't getting forced on us, £7500 wouldn't buy much advantage anyway.

I suppose when you look at it like that .It also makes you think why they dont just tell the b teams to bolt. A couple of seasons being guests has only given them the chance to be percieved as a normal thing.They are a fraud.

Edited by Sparticus

On 18/03/2021 at 09:37, falski said:

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.

The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2

All going well the B teams will be gone from the LL next summer.