Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

The line used about a conference not needing as much support if it was outside the current structure ignored the massive elephant in the room - the playoff. It has to ve agreed by all parties. Simply changing "Club 42" to "Club 52" wouldn't work as they wouldn't be the 52nd SPFL club. Going the other way, Club 42 would no longer be playing the LL/HL playoff winner. Even a cursory glance at the situation tells us that any league where promotion to/relegation from the SPFL and promotion from/relegation to the LL and HL needs their agreement. As for starting up a new "out of system" league to start in, what, 10 weeks? Good luck matey.

The Conference thing is just an excuse to the fans for taking money to let B teams in for another season, Maxwell and Brown probably cooked it up together and I doubt any of the 10 have actually fallen for it.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I replied to a post of yours on Thursday night asking you to point me in the direction of comments by fans of the 9 other clubs who, according to you, are up in arms about their club voting yes.

Can't be bothered finding the actual posts but we've heard from supporters of Bo'ness, Berwick, EK, Tranent, Gretna (when it kicked off last season) and even someone claiming to be Caley Braves ALL coming out with the same. BSC Glasgow fell apart over the decision last year...Β 

Raging if/when their team voted yes... But not you guys. I'm just bewildered at the change of heart, or have you as a club just given up and not wanting to rock the boat?Β 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Can't be bothered finding the actual posts but we've heard from supporters of Bo'ness, Berwick, EK, Tranent, Gretna (when it kicked off last season) and even someone claiming to be Caley Braves ALL coming out with the same. BSC Glasgow fell apart over the decision last year...Β 

Raging if/when their team voted yes... But not you guys. I'm just bewildered at the change of heart, or have you as a club just given up and not wanting to rock the boat?Β 

I'm 100% against B teams, a disgrace of a decision to vote them in for another year.Β 

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The SFA listed a "strength" of the Conference asΒ  "If established as a separate company, like the Scottish Women’s Premier League, it would not need the high level of voting support that the other two models require”.Β  ...

^^^this will be related to getting the League One and Two clubs to agree in terms of the SPFL's internal voting structure, which make the other two models a non-starter. The problem the SFA face is that the HL and LL have to be on board to sort out the pro/rel issues so it's like the LL East and LL West split that was supposed to be the magic bullet that would get the SJFA into the pyramid intact over EoS objections but faced the issue of the existing LL clubs actually having to support it which it soon turned out they didn't. Odds on the 10 that voted B team inclusion through just wanted to take the money and the threat of the Conference league provided them with a convenient excuse for taking it. That may have been the point of the whole exercise.

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Dunno really. While I don’t want them in, I’m not as raging as I might have been. Β 

In reality, the LL wasn’t the uncompetitive disaster that some predicted, teams like Spartans, Tranent, Stirling Uni have matched the B teams.

Looking back at this thread in a year or two could be really interesting when the permanent fate of the B teams is decided. We’ll also see by then if some of the tough talk by fans of SPL clubs in this thread are reflected by the actions of their clubs. We shall see…

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Dunno really. While I don’t want them in, I’m not as raging as I might have been. Β 

In reality, the LL wasn’t the uncompetitive disaster that some predicted, teams like Spartans, Tranent, Stirling Uni have matched the B teams.

Looking back at this thread in a year or two could be really interesting when the permanent fate of the B teams is decided. We’ll also see by then if some of the tough talk by fans of SPL clubs in this thread are reflected by the actions of their clubs. We shall see…

The Lowland League has the potential to be an epic league, that's the whole frustration and bewilderment with this.Β 

Could you imagine a 16 of...Β 

Albion Rovers

Berwick Rangers

Bonnyrigg Rose

Linthgow Rose

Bo'ness United

Cowdenbeath

Clydebank

Talbot

Gala FR

Tranent

Stirling Uni

CS Strollers

Stranraer

Cumberland Colts

East Kilbride

Caley Braves

A league like this won't need Colts teams to prop it up if folk could see the bigger pictureΒ 

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

The Lowland League has the potential to be an epic league, that's the whole frustration and bewilderment with this.Β 

Albion Rovers

Berwick Rangers

Bonnyrigg Rose

Linthgow Rose

Bo'ness United

Cowdenbeath

Clydebank

Talbot

Gala FR

Tranent

Stirling Uni

CS Strollers

Stranraer

Cumberland Colts

East Kilbride

Caley Braves

A league like this won't need Colts teams to prop it up if folk could see the bigger pictureΒ 

And Largs Thistle.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It is time for tiers 2 to 10 to wake up, get organised and get the B teams binned from the league structure. Time the SFA were reminded that Scottish Fitbaw is not solely about the two Old Firm clubs.Β Β 

Bin the B's !!!

Β 

That's sound like a parliamentary petition.

Bin the B's. I'll sign it only another, 99000 or whatever signatures to go.

13 hours ago, Spyro said:

Albion Rovers

Berwick Rangers

Bonnyrigg Rose

Linthgow Rose

Bo'ness United

Cowdenbeath

Clydebank

Talbot

Gala FR

Tranent

Stirling Uni

CS Strollers

Stranraer

Cumberland Colts

East Kilbride

Caley Braves

And Pollok

13 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's sound like a parliamentary petition.

Bin the B's. I'll sign it only another, 99000 or whatever signatures to go.

A Fans Petition to the SFA. Why not?Β 

Any volunteers to organise one?

52 minutes ago, Dev said:

A Fans Petition to the SFA. Why not?Β 

Any volunteers to organise one?

We don’t live in France, who know how to protest. The intransigence of fans in this country is why the SFA can do what they like, there are too many clubs looking after their own agendas to get involved in something like this.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

On 18/04/2023 at 23:35, tamthebam said:

I note that amongst the past winners of the Highland League are Aberdeen "A".

I wonder why the northern equivalent of the LL, The Highland League hasn't had Colts teams forced on it- you could have Ross County and Aberdeen for starters, maybe ICT (albeit they're skint) and conceivably Dundee and Dundee United. I mean surely the argument for having the Cheeks plus the Jambos Colts in the LL would equally apply to having Aberdeen Colts in the HL.

Or is it because the HL has been going since 1893 and they're not prepared to put up with shite like this.

Spot on mate !

Also, IF as I suspect, very few of the Highland clubs will be interested in a national Conference, with several "B" teams (eventually), and playing against more SPFL reserve teams. Furthermore, have the HFL clubs been CONSULTED aboutΒ  this 'concept',, which will undermine the purpose (and prestige) of the of Pyramid. I doubt if they've been formally asked for their views.

.Β 

B teams shouldn’t have been inserted into the lowland league in the first place.

Surely the other 39 league clubs could do something about this?

It seems Rangers Celtic and Hearts will get an advantage fron having their reserves playing in the 5th teir.

28 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

B teams shouldn’t have been inserted into the lowland league in the first place.

Surely the other 39 league clubs could do something about this?

It seems Rangers Celtic and Hearts will get an advantage fron having their reserves playing in the 5th teir.

Unfortunately, like the SPFL, it’s a members organisation, they make the decisions.

27 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Unfortunately, like the SPFL, it’s a members organisation, they make the decisions.

Just a pity that from the outside their decision making appears flawed.

Yes I am being deliberately polite.

😁😁