Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Will this require any sort of vote from organisations?

If it involves a change to the Club 42 playoffs then presumably yes, but if the conference league is part of the SPFL then maybe they could just turn club 42 into club 52. One question I would have is whether this means the new conference league is as high up as the 6 B teams can go and whether they have to be accomodated by the HL and LL and their feeders as well if they don't reach that far. The other would be whether the non-B teams have to be champions and/or runners up to be promoted out of this Conference League because that's how they could try to close the trapdoor.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

So a 10 team league where more than half of them are colts teams who can't move up or down is their best and brightest idea?

Hell, I'll go one better. What about a league that is entirely made up of colts teams! Then you won't even have to worry about the issue of promotion and relegation for them!

I quite like this idea, just got to think of a name for it... maybe a Reserve League?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If it involves a change to the Club 42 playoffs then presumably yes, but if the conference league is part of the SPFL then maybe they could just turn club 42 into club 52. One question I would have is whether this means the new conference league is as high as up as the 6 B teams can go and whether they have to be accomodated by the HL and LL and their feeders as well if they don't reach that far. The other would be whether the non-B teams have to be champions and/or runners up to be promoted out of this Conference League because that's how they could try to close the trapdoor.

Another question is, is there 6 B teams who be interested and have the finance for it?

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If you could have drawn a picture of the worst case scenario as the pyramid was being implemented, this would be it.

The worst thing about it is that the SFA seem to be able to steamroller this through without opposition. The disdain which the governing bodies have towards the lower leagues has now reached peak levels. 

25 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The worst thing about it is that the SFA seem to be able to steamroller this through without opposition. The disdain which the governing bodies have towards the lower leagues has now reached peak levels. 

I agree

They can just insert this League in and of course there will be LL Clubs who want to eat at the table so LL becomes a non entity and less troublesome.

SPFL Clubs will be ok about it as fees from B Teams will pay for it and offers a softer landing for relegated Clubs from SPFL.

25 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I agree

They can just insert this League in and of course there will be LL Clubs who want to eat at the table so LL becomes a non entity and less troublesome.

SPFL Clubs will be ok about it as fees from B Teams will pay for it and offers a softer landing for relegated Clubs from SPFL.

I’ve not heard any other details, but I assume the B teams would need to spend another season in the LL next season.?

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If it involves a change to the Club 42 playoffs then presumably yes, but if the conference league is part of the SPFL then maybe they could just turn club 42 into club 52. One question I would have is whether this means the new conference league is as high up as the 6 B teams can go and whether they have to be accomodated by the HL and LL and their feeders as well if they don't reach that far. The other would be whether the non-B teams have to be champions and/or runners up to be promoted out of this Conference League because that's how they could try to close the trapdoor.

If it was an expansion of the SPFL, that would require approval from the SPFL clubs.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How many worse divisions would East or West champions have to go through to reach a better one?

Twenty-six by the time the SFA have finished. 

6 minutes ago, amigan said:

The last thing Scotland needs is another national league.  Regionalizing from league 1 down would make more sense.

That would need the SPFL clubs to actually see the bigger picture and give up their ridiculous 10 team leagues.

12 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

That would need the SPFL clubs to actually see the bigger picture and give up their ridiculous 10 team leagues.

But 10 team leagues are competitive and maintain interest through a season for most clubs.  Don’t play in the SPFL if you aren’t ambitious enough to play nationally.  Don’t think there is plan to have 6 b teams in new league - defeats the object then of playing v men 

22 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But 10 team leagues are competitive and maintain interest through a season for most clubs.  Don’t play in the SPFL if you aren’t ambitious enough to play nationally.  Don’t think there is plan to have 6 b teams in new league - defeats the object then of playing v men 

The SFA are firmly behind the B team idea and are keen to see as many involved as are interested, apparently upto 6.  The PWG meeting wasn't about the Pyramid per se, it was all about B teams, they did not want to discuss other issues.

24 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The SFA are firmly behind the B team idea and are keen to see as many involved as are interested, apparently upto 6.  The PWG meeting wasn't about the Pyramid per se, it was all about B teams, they did not want to discuss other issues.

But perhaps that is b teams in the pyramid and not just conference - number of Premier clubs aren’t that interested in having a b team. Do the real teams in Conference have SPFL voting rights?  Does it need 11-1 vote in favour by Premier Clubs?