Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Both parties can be in the wrong. The Junior clubs clearly should have engaged earlier, but the "consequences of that" shouldn't be a bunch of bed blocking clubs holding up progression to save their own skin.

If only the junior clubs had engaged earlier things would have been so much better.

I know I'm going to regret this but like that bloody cat curiosity is a killer.

@virginton mate just about every post I read you are having a go at someone. Maybe you don't think you are but that's how it comes across.

Talk to us mate nobody wants to argue just talk about this game we love.

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

If only the junior clubs had engaged earlier things would have been so much better.

I agree 're the green dot. But for the good of the game all the interested league's below SPFL need to work together to have a coherent and working pyramid. It will take a while and may ultimately never happen to everyone's satisfaction, but at least give it a go. Surely they have inter league meetings to discuss anything and everything.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

@virginton mate just about every post I read you are having a go at someone. Maybe you don't think you are but that's how it comes across.

@virginton mate I have just re-read my post and for some reason it has virginton. I have no idea how that has happened. Cannot find any poster called that. My sincere apologies if that has caused any offence. It was not my intention.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

@virginton mate I have just re-read my post and for some reason it has virginton. I have no idea how that has happened. Cannot find any poster called that. My sincere apologies if that has caused any offence. It was not my intention.

It's automatic and it's been there for years now.

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

It's just trolling.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's automatic and it's been there for years now.

Cheers for that. I am not on here to insult anyone or deride their opinipns. Not how I  was brought up.

1 minute ago, stanley said:

It's just trolling.

Dont understandthat mentality. We all.love this great sport and should enjoy conversing with one another. I was going to ignore but it's in my nature to give it one last go then move on. No harm done.

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

😂

20 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I agree 're the green dot. But for the good of the game all the interested league's below SPFL need to work together to have a coherent and working pyramid. It will take a while and may ultimately never happen to everyone's satisfaction, but at least give it a go. Surely they have inter league meetings to discuss anything and everything.

I would suggest that the working together starts with the SPFL as one of the main concerns for these clubs is where they are going to end up?

The thorny issues of promotion and relegation may be eased if agreement was gained from the top.  

6 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I would suggest that the working together starts with the SPFL as one of the main concerns for these clubs is where they are going to end up?

The thorny issues of promotion and relegation may be eased if agreement was gained from the top.  

Yep there should be a transparent promotion relegation process from Tier 1 to Tier ?

The SPFL will try to protect itself from what it views as atracks on their preferred status quo.

From the outside it does feel like there has been a breakdown in relationships inter lowland leagues since the Colts debacle. The SPFL and SFA would kill the pyramid in a heartbeat if it could get away with it, therefore the non-league leagues for me need to be working together.  But the league's don't appear to be at the moment. There is a lot of anger from Tier 6 directed upwards and this does the pyramid no good at all. The view is that the LL is only doing the bare minimum it can get away with re promotion relegation. Personally I do not support or follow a club, I just enjoy the football outside the SPFL and being honest that how it looks to me.

If I am incorrect then please someone enlighten me.

On 17/02/2023 at 20:19, craigkillie said:

Why would this make any difference to how many clubs the Lowland League chooses to relegate?

Because if there was a wider pathway upwards, there is more chance that a majority of LL clubs would vote extra promotion/relegation.  

Instead we have a 'why would turkeys vote for Christmas' from the SPFL and that naturally makes its way to the next level.

It hasn't "naturally made its way" to the levels below the Lowland League, so that simply isn't a good enough excuse for the Lowland League closing ranks. The clubs driving it are not the ones who have to concern themselves with being promoted to the SPFL any time soon, it's the ones who know they'll be sinking like a stone to the 8th or 9th tier as soon as they go down.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It hasn't "naturally made its way" to the levels below the Lowland League, so that simply isn't a good enough excuse for the Lowland League closing ranks. The clubs driving it are not the ones who have to concern themselves with being promoted to the SPFL any time soon, it's the ones who know they'll be sinking like a stone to the 8th or 9th tier as soon as they go down.

Proof of that is clubs that have already went down plus Selkirk went defunct because of money problem and Threave Rovers left the league of their own accord to play elsewhere.

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Proof of that is clubs that have already went down plus Selkirk went defunct because of money problem and Threave Rovers left the league of their own accord to play elsewhere.

Worth bearing in mind two of the clubs that went down had to near enough fund their own floodlights just to keep a license though.

That can make a massive impact on who can go on the park. ;)

As much as it needs sorted there's only 2 maybe 3 in the present LL that might struggle should they go down.

The LL is doing just fine as it is apart from B teams so as much as with stamping feet or banging doors in frustration I just can't see it changing anytime soon. 

Edited by newcastle broon

40 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Worth bearing in mind two of the clubs that went down had to near enough fund their own floodlights just to keep a license though.

That can make a massive impact on who can go on the park. ;)

As much as it needs sorted there's only 2 maybe 3 in the present LL that might struggle should they go down.

The LL is doing just fine as it is apart from B teams so as much as with stamping feet or banging doors in frustration I just can't see it changing anytime soon. 

Plus the 4 that aren't actually football clubs so it's a mere third of the league that's an utter shambles.

Look forward to a uni team with no fans who could be ammy level in any given year making it to the SPFL playoff. 

26 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Plus the 4 that aren't actually football clubs so it's a mere third of the league that's an utter shambles.

Look forward to a uni team with no fans who could be ammy level in any given year making it to the SPFL playoff. 

Clubs whether like it or not seized the opportunity when it was there.

Maybes be thankful these clubs took the initiative to get the show on the road and get the league to where it is today. 

I think one of them you might be referring to were actually promoted from the SoSFL as well. 

Fans don't win games though , the Uni should they get to the play offs will have finished above 3 ex SPFL sides  who are themselves struggling to make any sort of impact in the league. 

Relegation should still be opened up though especially wi the amount of teams that are in it.

Edited by newcastle broon