Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

What an absolute shambles of a league. Integrity and fairness out the window. 8-8 tie apparently, with chairman giving casting vote. Stinks of hypocrisy and nepotism.

Did Cowdenbeath and Tranent get a vote ?

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

What an absolute shambles of a league. Integrity and fairness out the window. 8-8 tie apparently, with chairman giving casting vote. Stinks of hypocrisy and nepotism.

That’s incredible if true,  there can’t be many organisations who make such a big move on a tied vote.  Tied vote should surely = no change, which reverts everything back to 2020?

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Only positive is that it will likely be a “yes” voter relegated from the LL this year, and the team promoted will likely be a “no” voter - so it should be a 9-7 vote to reject them for next year, with further such movement in voting preference in future years also?

The team that was relegated did not have a vote.

That’s incredible if true,  there can’t be many organisations who make such a big move on a tied vote.  Tied vote should surely = no change, which reverts everything back to 2020?
Yeah surely can't have tied vote being a majority decision.

Gala Fairydean would struggle in Conference X / Y / Z so trying to stay relevant and get thousands in to upgrade their team for a few years to try to stay out of 19th spot [emoji35]

32 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Yes

Quite sure both Cowden and Tranent would be against Colts.

If these b*****ds want mens football, then the fans should give them mens abuse and the Against Clubs should boot the absolute shit out of them.

4 hours ago, edinabear said:

Seems like you're just not a fan of democracy in any means. Russia might be more up your street mate

Nice stretch. While I am a big fan of democracy, I'm not so keen on the open bribery of the powerless by the powerful in pursuit of long-term goals detrimental to the organisation they belong to. I'm so pro-democracy I fully support the right of thick scum to sing songs about 17-20th century Irish history at Scottish football matches, as an example. While being equally supportive of the rights of private organisations to punish members when they transgress it's rules, re: the singing of said songs perhaps. I'd call myself a libertarian, if they weren't such utter c***s. 

Incidentally, I'd be marginally less against the B teams in the LL if it was stipulated that every single player in those teams' squads were Scottish. Why isn't this happening, just out of interest?

Edited by Bad Wolf

I hate this league. Embarrassing to be a part of a setup run by sycophants and brown nosing clowns, forever slurping at the chocolate starfish of any besuited conman who can offer the occasional prawn sandwich in exchange for total subservience.

Many in here claim that the league and its member chairmen have no respect for the fans. Well, that's because many of the club's have hardly any fans, so the few diehards can just go bollocks. They don't matter.

Club loyalty will mean I will still go to matches whatever happens in this nightmare League, but I'd rather visit Eastern Ukraine than go to a Colts match at whatever characterless shithole they decide to play in. 

If World football needed an enema, FIFA would take the tube on an express visit to Lowland League HQ.

Edited by Redcar

I wonder if Tom English is following this shite as avidly as he did with  our club's shambolic clusterfucked attempt to enter this clusterfuck of a league. 

It now appears that those progressive, forward thinking , well run clubs weren't really as he described. 

FROM TONIGHTS EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS

It comes after the 16 member clubs voted 8-8 in a secret ballot last night on a proposal to accept the trio. But it is a one-season arrangement only and talks have now started on a pyramid restructure to address concerns about B team participation.

The Scottish FA has confirmed that the three guest clubs are required to field seven players eligible for Scotland national teams in the starting line-up. Each guest club will also have to “provide funding to help develop the league and its clubs”.

The national governing body will also lead on a review of the pyramid structure, with recommendations proposed ahead of the 2023/24 season.

The governing body said in a statement: “In addition, the respective league bodies have agreed to participate in the Scottish FA's pyramid working group discussions aimed at providing a longer-term solution to optimise the structure and aid the transition of talented players between the ages of 17 and 21.”

Hearts B are expected to play home matches at Ferguson Park, Rosewell, home of East of Scotland League club Whitehill Welfare. Along with Celtic and Rangers, they will pay an entry fee of £40,000, an increase on the £25,000 that Celtic and Rangers were charged last season.

Member clubs had previously dismissed the idea, initially voting to permit only two guest teams in keeping with last season and then rejecting a 19-team league when three expressed an interest. But when faced with an ultimatum that it was all three or none, the issue was put to another vote last night.

BELIEVE THE VOTE WAS DECIDED ON THE CHAIRMAN`S CASTING VOTE

If you're going to make it a 19 team league you might as well went with 20 and promoted Darvel Auchinleck and Penicuik to the lowland instead.This would have advanced Scottish football by years in one big swoop.

Open your eyes.

2 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

If you're going to make it a 19 team league you might as well went with 20 and promoted Darvel Auchinleck and Penicuik to the lowland instead.This would have advanced Scottish football by years in one big swoop.

Open your eyes.

A bit of a farce if being honest, just makes everyone skeptical.  The first port of call from the Lowland League should be promotion and relegation, 2 relegated with both WOSFL and EOSFL auto promoted and the 3rd bottom of the LL in a play off with the two 2nd placed teams from the EOSFL and the WOSFL., The same should be for the SPFL2 and the Lowland and Highland Leagues

If anyone would be promoted to the LL then it would be Darvel as they played in the playoff to the league.

The pyramid system is working but is too slow and this carry on is making Scottish Football a laughing stock just because if greed and self interest

"recommendations published ahead of the 23/24 season" is deliberately vague and is non committal to actual change.

The best case scenario coming from the above would be a vote sometime in the 23/24 season that would mean teams playing in the 24/25 season would know where their league position would see them playing in 25/26.

So minimum of 4 years to open up the pyramid......and even then it needs to get past the rigged SPFL voting structure.

7 hours ago, Dev said:

Looking at what's been agreed it begs practical questions not only about what happens but also about WHEN. Part of what it says goes:

Following a positive vote, the plan commits to the following:

• Celtic, Heart of Midlothian and Rangers will join the Lowland League for season 2022/23, creating a 19-team league for one season only. This will result in a 36-game fixture calendar.
  • The Scottish FA will lead on a review of the pyramid structure, with recommendations proposed ahead of the 2023/24 season.

If it is for "ONE SEASON ONLY" then the "RECOMMENDATIONS PROPOSED AHEAD OF THE 2023/24 SEASON" part doesn't make sense. This is because it suggests that the recommendations would come into being in time for the start of the 2023/24 season. To do that they need to be agreed ahead of the start of the 2022/23 season. This is standard practice. That's why leagues have AGM's etc to make changes to the structures, rules, regulations etc.. It is so that clubs/teams know what they are playing for i.e. promotions and relegations. This is even more important if there's to be any sort of restructuring of any of the upper leagues in the Pyramid.

The other take on what's been published is that it simply isn't for one more season at all because of the reasons shown above so it has to be for after 2023/24.

Either there's something not been said or someone who drafted the agreed plan does understand the usual rules and regs or ..........?

Boris had a better majority:lol: