Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Very harsh considering most clubs right down the whole pyramid could be in very precarious positions. 

Obviously this thread doesn't get moderated very well. 

I'm sure their Old Firm handouts will safely see them through, and the massive crowds that will flock to watch the next Jamie Barjonas strut his stuff. 

What you wanting a mod to do? I can tag one of them here if it makes it easier for you.

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Very harsh considering most clubs right down the whole pyramid could be in very precarious positions. 

Obviously this thread doesn't get moderated very well. 

Clubs right down the pyramid haven’t sold themselves out for a pittance.  Only 11 have,  we can happily lose them and keep the real football clubs

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

Theoretical question - should this last for one season only, as agreed, will people still hold the same level of anger about it?

Wishing death on clubs because of one decision you disagree with is rancid patter.

To be honest, there were already two clubs in Scotland who I actively want to see go bust, and a handful of others that I really wouldn’t be bothered about if they did. This has just added some more to my first list.

And yes, I’ll still be annoyed that your clubs have legitimacy to this utter nonsense even if it’s only for one season, and I’ll still want them to go bust. 

22 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To be honest, there were already two clubs in Scotland who I actively want to see go bust, and a handful of others that I really wouldn’t be bothered about if they did. This has just added some more to my first list.

And yes, I’ll still be annoyed that your clubs have legitimacy to this utter nonsense even if it’s only for one season, and I’ll still want them to go bust. 

I see your club is whoring itself out to Queens Park, anything for a bit of extra cash eh?

1 minute ago, Big Dougie said:

I see your club is whoring itself out to Queens Park, anything for a bit of extra cash eh?

The two situations aren’t remotely comparable, and you’d need to be a complete simpleton to think that they are.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The two situations aren’t remotely comparable, and you’d need to be a complete simpleton to think that they are.

I am a simpleton, but that’s neither here or there. It just underlines the point that the economic situation in Scottish football is dire, and clubs at all levels are looking to maximise their income. So, in many ways there is a degree of coralation.

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

Theoretical question - should this last for one season only, as agreed, will people still hold the same level of anger about it?

Wishing death on clubs because of one decision you disagree with is rancid patter.

Aye, these clubs have set our their stall - f**k them. They'd rather coin it in than have a worthwhile competition. Other clubs have worked their bollocks off to get involved with the pyramid and you arseholes are letting the two most abhorrent clubs in the country enter second sides for a one off payment. That's the only rancid thing I can see here. 

2 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Another moron that can't differentiate between renting a business premises and selling your league competition. It's really no wonder the Lowland League clubs were able to push this through with no blow back from the terraces. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Aye, these clubs have set our their stall - f**k them. They'd rather coin it in than have a worthwhile competition. Other clubs have worked their bollocks off to get involved with the pyramid and you arseholes are letting the two most abhorrent clubs in the country enter second sides for a one off payment. That's the only rancid thing I can see here. 

Another moron that can't differentiate between renting a business premises and selling your league competition. It's really no wonder the Lowland League clubs were able to push this through with no blow back from the terraces. 

See my reply above my good man. 👍🏻😉

A Moron??? That’s the nicest thing anyone has called me since the wife trod on one of my Lego bricks with her bare feet this morning.

Edited by Big Dougie

I read it, it's pish. We're talking about £3,000 to each club here. To put that into context, I used to run the "Play for the Sons" fundraising matches where fans of the club would buy a shirt and get to play 90 minutes at the stadium, with two Dumbarton "legends" as managers of each team. Across the two events we raised over £10,000. Are you trying to tell me this is the only way these clubs could think of to raise 3 fucking thousand pound? They're fucking at it. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I read it, it's pish. We're talking about £3,000 to each club here. To put that into context, I used to run the "Play for the Sons" fundraising matches where fans of the club would buy a shirt and get to play 90 minutes at the stadium, with two Dumbarton "legends" as managers of each team. Across the two events we raised over £10,000. Are you trying to tell me this is the only way these clubs could think of to raise 3 fucking thousand pound? They're fucking at it. 

Thank you for your critique, I appreciate it.

Some of these clubs have little or no fans, and even less volunteers to help out, so yes it may be the only way.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do BSC have enough fans to make up the numbers for that? Would need to make a five-a-side and that would be harsh on the one missing out

*bu-dum-tsh*

Just now, Big Dougie said:

Thank you for your critique, I appreciate it.

Some of these clubs have little or no fans, and even less volunteers to help out, so yes it may be the only way.

My fundraiser there was just an example, there are many more ways to generate income with a bit of thought. It doesn't need to be a football related fundraiser, all you need is a function room and a bit of imagination. Anyone who thinks this move was necessary for survival is absolutely at it. 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My fundraiser there was just an example, there are many more ways to generate income with a bit of thought. It doesn't need to be a football related fundraiser, all you need is a function room and a bit of imagination. Anyone who thinks this move was necessary for survival is absolutely at it. 

Some good points, and I would normally say that is the easiest way. However in these current Covid times people have less disposable income, and as I said some of the clubs have no real fans to speak of so this may be an easier option.

13 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Some good points, and I would normally say that is the easiest way. However in these current Covid times people have less disposable income, and as I said some of the clubs have no real fans to speak of so this may be an easier option.

I'd say people have more disposable income due to being sat in the house for 18 months with nothing to do/nowhere to visit but I suppose this horrific move needs justified somehow. 

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Can you honestly see it lasting just one year?

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'd say people have more disposable income due to being sat in the house for 18 months with nothing to do/nowhere to visit but I suppose this horrific move needs justified somehow. 

Fair point there has been nothing to spend your money on for the last year apart from the bare essentials.