Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

On 30/05/2021 at 18:20, FairWeatherFan said:

I haven't seen anyone suggest using them. Although I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to use them for the OF Colt derbies.

Seems to me bizarre that clubs with perfectly good home grounds should be allowed to use others for their ‘home’ matches.

53 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Be like the Challenge Cup where they just change the rules as they go along. Is there a definitive list of those clubs that kept their self respect and voted against including them in the league.

Bo'ness United, Bonnyrigg Rose, Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie Star and Edinburgh University.

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

But the wishing of clubs to die over it is brutal patter. Not suprising though.

If their reason to exist is so they can act as a training aid for kids to practice against why should people care if these clubs live or die.  

If the reason to exist is to be a training aid for kids to practice against and they are negatively impacting proper football clubs then why would people want these clubs around?

Edited by parsforlife

If their reason to exist is so they can act as a training aid for kids to practice against why should people care if these clubs live or die.  

If the reason to exist is to be a training aid for kids to practice against and they are negatively impacting proper football clubs then why would people want these clubs around?

[emoji3]

When rangers were relegated to league Two, did they decide to start again and rely on the youth system to get them promoted. No the didn't they threw money at it. They always will do and sod the youth set up. They spend millions on Murray Park and have f**k all to show for it youth wise. Nothing will change with a colt team.

They did pick quite a lot of their youth players in those early seasons, it was just that most of their youth players of that era weren't very good (Ross Perry, Kyle Hutton, Andrew Little, Fraser Aird etc).

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:

When rangers were relegated to started in league Two, did they decide to start again and rely on the youth system to get them promoted. No the didn't they threw money at it. They always will do and sod the youth set up. They spend millions on Murray Park and have f**k all to show for it youth wise. Nothing will change with a colt team.

Looking at the latest Scotland U21s squad, I will assume Rangers will play all 4 of their players called up in the lowland league next season to ensure their smooth transition to getting a full international call up?

(Celtic only have Welsh which is a joke in itself, but they’re excused in this instance as he’s already in and around the 1st team)

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:

When rangers were relegated to league Two, did they decide to start again and rely on the youth system to get them promoted. No the didn't they threw money at it. They always will do and sod the youth set up. They spend millions on Murray Park and have f**k all to show for it youth wise. Nothing will change with a colt team.

I think they'll say different:

Charlie Adam
Fraser Aird
Chris Burke
John Fleck
Billy Gilmour
Alan Hutton
Andrew Little
Steven MacLean
Lewis Macleod
Ross McCormack
Ross McCrorie
Robbie McCrorie
Dylan McGeouch
Allan McGregor
Barrie McKay
Glenn Middleton
Nathan Patterson
Andrew Shinnie
Steven Smith
Danny Wilson

....and that's just a quick list.

59 minutes ago, MDM said:

I think they'll say different:

Charlie Adam
Fraser Aird
Chris Burke
John Fleck
Billy Gilmour
Alan Hutton
Andrew Little
Steven MacLean
Lewis Macleod
Ross McCormack
Ross McCrorie
Robbie McCrorie
Dylan McGeouch
Allan McGregor
Barrie McKay
Glenn Middleton
Nathan Patterson
Andrew Shinnie
Steven Smith
Danny Wilson

....and that's just a quick list.

McGregor was 19 when MP was competed. I think attributing his career to that is a bit much. This is basically just a list of any Scottish Rangers youth player from the last 20 years who's made a career out of football - some of them I've never even heard of. 

They probably produced more talent in the 20 years before MP was built than in the 20 years since. Nobody thinks a club like Rangers should be producing literally no professional footballers.

23 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Yeah, it is. But its still aiding the development of the old firm. And taking a measly coin in the process.
And as i said. Im stongly against the colts being allowed into our league.
Its a pathetic decision that they have been voted in.
But the wishing of clubs to die over it is brutal patter. Not suprising though.

The fact you can't differentiate between renting out a business premises and selling your league competition shows that you shouldn't really be involved in the debate. By that logic, all youth teams would need to build their own stadiums, which is utterly moronic. Nobody is against youth football, we're against senior football being used as an exhibition for youth players. Clubs deserve all stick they get, and if it costs them money in the long run that puts them out business then ha fucking ha. 

The fact you can't differentiate between renting out a business premises and selling your league competition shows that you shouldn't really be involved in the debate. By that logic, all youth teams would need to build their own stadiums, which is utterly moronic. Nobody is against youth football, we're against senior football being used as an exhibition for youth players. Clubs deserve all stick they get, and if it costs them money in the long run that puts them out business then ha fucking ha. 

Thankfully you dont get to pick and choose who is involved in the debates moon monkey. Its an open forum. We are all entitled to an opininion weather you agree with it or not.
I dont agree with half the shite you put on here but i skim by it and leave you to it.
A grown man red dotting is up there with grown men wishing football clubs will die, or starting petitions to starve clubs of money.
Fucking grow up.

12 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Thankfully you dont get to pick and choose who is involved in the debates moon monkey. Its an open forum. We are all entitled to an opininion weather you agree with it or not.
I dont agree with half the shite you put on here but i skim by it and leave you to it.
A grown man red dotting is up there with grown men wishing football clubs will die, or starting petitions to starve clubs of money.
Fucking grow up.

Genuinely, I really, really hope that your club, and ten others, die. I’ll be absolutely delighted if it happens. 

3 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Fucking grow up.

lol, tells me to grow up whilst calling me a "monkey". 

Your club and others basically started a campaign to end lower league football competition. Not only that, but have dressed it up as some sort Herculean salvaging act of Scottish football, whilst patting each other on the back, all for the sake of £3K. If your club wants to make these sort of decisions then they need to deal with the consequences. I genuinely won't ever do anything that gives your club a penny, I'm sure your wealthy backer won't give a f**k right now but there will come a day when poor old EK will have the begging buckets out, and the rest of Scottish football will show you the direction in which you can f**k off. 

lol, tells me to grow up whilst calling me a "monkey". 
Your club and others basically started a campaign to end lower league football competition. Not only that, but have dressed it up as some sort Herculean salvaging act of Scottish football, whilst patting each other on the back, all for the sake of £3K. If your club wants to make these sort of decisions then they need to deal with the consequences. I genuinely won't ever do anything that gives your club a penny, I'm sure your wealthy backer won't give a f**k right now but there will come a day when poor old EK will have the begging buckets out, and the rest of Scottish football will show you the direction in which you can f**k off. 

[emoji16]

1 hour ago, ian44wood said:

The league is getting 50k. 

I've not read anywhere it's stated the whole amount will be shared between clubs.

Could be less than 3k the clubs are getting.

"The league" is simply all of the member clubs. If the clubs aren't getting the money who is? 

Edited by The Moonster