Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

American owner in breakaway league shock.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57271111
Colts in the league gets a wee mention as something top tier clubs want but lower league clubs don't.

Nelms didn't actually mention them anywhere, seemed like something the journalist decided to insert.

Some top tier clubs may want it, but the most recent proposal for them to join the SPFL was partly shelved because it didn't have enough support from the top flight clubs to pass a vote.

Nelms didn't actually mention them anywhere, seemed like something the journalist decided to insert.

Some top tier clubs may want it, but the most recent proposal for them to join the SPFL was partly shelved because it didn't have enough support from the top flight clubs to pass a vote.

Aye, surely a “breakaway” from the top clubs would make it even harder to get colts into the lower league.

I really hate everything about Scottish football sometimes!

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

American owner in breakaway league shock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57271111

Colts in the league gets a wee mention as something top tier clubs want but lower league clubs don't.

Might seem a simple observation, but if the top sides form a league of their own and isolate from the present system, why would the clubs left behind think it a good thing to let new league colt teams play in their leagues?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Seen quite a few of the old firm fans who pretend they like Caley Braves or The club formerly known as BSC giving it ‘cOlT tEaMs WoRkEd In ThE nEtHeRlAnDs’, no one seems to have worked out that theres a direct correlation between B teams winning dutch leagues and their lowest Fifa rankings of all time. 
That vote has shown the LL to be nothing but a shower of self interested opportunists, shame on George Fraser for whinging about sporting integrity and then displaying absolutely no regard for it. Its absolutely clear that with the refusal to expand relegation into tier 6 that they are absolutely terrified of what is below them. However they’ve no set a precedent that anyone can buy their way into the LL for £25,000 which just absolutely spits in the face of clubs who’ve spent over ten times that to compete. I look forward to seeing all these diddy teams getting relegated. 

I wonder how many people claiming it works in The Netherlands have ever spoken to a Dutch person on the matter or looked into the history with colt teams over there. 🤔

On 06/05/2021 at 16:40, MAC THE KNIFE said:

COLTS TEAMS PUT REAL TEAMS OUT OF THE CUPS &  VERY OFTEN THE COLTS PARENTS DONT EVEN GO TO THE MATCH EVEN IF IT IS A SATURDAY & CLOSE BY. THEY WOULD BE TREATED AS RESERVE TEAM BY OF . WHAT CHANCE HAVE SHIRE OR VALE OF LEITHEN GOT AGAINST THE LIKES OF THE SUPERSTAR GRUESOME TWOSOME PLAYERS RECOVERING FROM INJURY ? U WANT TO SEE UR TEAM HUMPED 15-0 BY THEIR TEAMS WHO BE LUCKY TO GET OUT OF 2nd GEAR ? WILL THE SFA IGNORE ANY YELLOW/RED CARDS GIVEN OUT TO NON OF PLAYERS WHEN CALCULATING SUSPENSIONS ?  

Don't shout,but you're spot on

Edited by sfha

47 minutes ago, Marten said:

I wonder how many people claiming it works in The Netherlands have ever spoken to a Dutch person on the matter or looked into the history with colt teams over there. 🤔

If a person said they'd spoken to Michael Reizeger, Luis van Gaal, Marco van Basten and Pieter Huistra, and feedback was positive (based on their experience having played and / or managed Ajax Jong) would you accept it? 

And if it could be shown that Johan Cruyff supported B Teams at Barcelona and Ajax, would you still persist with your close-minded view?

We're talking about the best youth academy in Europe, one of the most successful club sides in the world and a Dutch legend. 

But, naw.  

3 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

If a person said they'd spoken to Michael Reizeger, Luis van Gaal, Marco van Basten and Pieter Huistra, and feedback was positive (based on their experience having played and / or managed Ajax Jong) would you accept it? 

And if it could be shown that Johan Cruyff supported B Teams at Barcelona and Ajax, would you still persist with your close-minded view?

We're talking about the best youth academy in Europe, one of the most successful club sides in the world and a Dutch legend. 

But, naw.  

And there are plenty of voices against it as well, I'm not exactly the only one. And once again, even the people in favour would make clear the colt team part of the Dutch youth structure is just a small part of an extensive structure. NOTHING is being done by the OF about the actual issues around the youth/coaching structures, it's not even being discussed. But you just continue with your sh!te while ignoring actual arguments... 🙄

9 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

But, naw.  

How many times do you have to be told that people who works for or with clubs with B teams are always going to say they're great? It's mind-numbingly obvious.

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

And there are plenty of voices against it as well, I'm not exactly the only one. And once again, even the people in favour would make clear the colt team part of the Dutch youth structure is just a small part of an extensive structure. NOTHING is being done by the OF about the actual issues around the youth/coaching structures, it's not even being discussed. But you just continue with your sh!te while ignoring actual arguments... 🙄

You asked if anyone has spoken to a Dutch person about the success or otherwise of B teams and I think we can agree with near 100% certainty that they have.  And counterparts in Portugal, Spain, Germany, Croatia etc.

You don't even have an argument, nor are you willing to reason or listen to new ideas - you just say it's bad, and that's that.

The B teams proposal in Scotland IS a small part of an extensive youth coaching structure, not exclusive to the pro clubs but implemented by the SFA and community clubs across the country.  

Edited by Che Dail

From the press reports I am still unclear as the term used seems to keep changing. Is it Old Firm Colt Teams as in under 21 teams and if so what is the criteria ie an allowance for up to 3 players over 21, or is it adult B teams as in reserve teams? Who will be playing in the LL.

Edited by morley

Just now, Che Dail said:

You asked if anyone has spoken to a Dutch person about the success or otherwise of B teams and I think we can agree with near 100% certainty that they have.  And counterparts in Portugal, Spain and Croatia.

You don't even have an argument, nor are you willing to reason or listen to new ideas - you just say it's bad, and that's that.

The B teams proposal in Scotland IS a small part of an extensive youth coaching structure, not only by the pro clubs but by the SFA and community clubs across the country.  

Near 100% they have, lol, you're funny! Near 100% they haven't you mean...

You must have missed my lengthy posts setting out my thoughts in detail then?

And show me that they are doing something about improving the wider youth/coaching structures, which is very poor in Scotland. Because as far as I know nothing is being done about it at all.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

You asked if anyone has spoken to a Dutch person about the success or otherwise of B teams and I think we can agree with near 100% certainty that they have.  And counterparts in Portugal, Spain, Germany, Croatia etc.

The B teams proposal in Scotland IS a small part of an extensive youth coaching structure, not only by the pro clubs but by the SFA and community clubs across the country.  

Is there any evidence that colt sides produces better players than say loaning players out or players gaining first team experience at smaller clubs before moving on to big clubs? 

You're talking about all these experts and research, etc. Surely this is out there. By what margin can we expect the next generation of Scottish players to be better by introducing colt sides?

Just now, morley said:

From the press reports I am still unclear as the term used seems to keep changing. Is it Colt Teams as in under 21 teams and if so what is the criteria ie an allowance for up to 3 players over 21, or is it adult B teams as in reserve teams? Who will be playing in the LL.

You don't have a clue because you've not even read the summary graphic that was circulated to all clubs and shared on here previously.

Is a phoney 'argument' you make because you haven't bothered to look into it yet.

13 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

How many times do you have to be told that people who works for or with clubs with B teams are always going to say they're great? It's mind-numbingly obvious.

I didn't vote for it, so it's not me who 'needs to be told'. 

I just support the idea of TRYING it on the basis of a 1 year pilot, which is what is being implemented in the Lowland League next season.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

I didn't vote for it, so it's not me who 'needs to be told'. 

I just support the idea of TRYING it on the basis of a 1 year pilot, which is what is being implemented in the Lowland League next season.

But you keep defending it on the basis of the opinion of people who work for clubs with colt sides. Which, to be fair, is stupid.

Why on Earth should fans of, say Bonnyrigg Rose, give a f**k if Celtic/Rangers are able to produce better players? 

I don’t think producing marginally better players for the top sides (if indeed Colt teams help, which is arguable) is a good enough reason to totally devalue lower leagues as proper competitions.

“Trying it for one year” is a complete fucking cop out, and I’ll be absolutely delighted if these 11 clubs go bust. Probably happier than I was when Gretna went bust, but not as happy as when Rangers did.

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Is there any evidence that colt sides produces better players than say loaning players out or players gaining first team experience at smaller clubs before moving on to big clubs? 

You're talking about all these experts and research, etc. Surely this is out there. By what margin can we expect the next generation of Scottish players to be better by introducing colt sides?

There is evidence that some countries are a lot better than Scotland at developing football players from youth to adult football.  There is evidence that some clubs have the very best youth academies.  In some of those countries, and at some of those clubs, B Teams play a part in the player pathway. 

That is enough 'evidence', in my opinion, to explore if it's something worth trying here.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

But you keep defending it on the basis of the opinion of people who work for clubs with colt sides. Which, to be fair, is stupid.

Yeah, it's really clever to ignore the likes of Marco van Basten, Louis van Gaal, Pep Guardiola, Steven Gerrard.  What do they know about football, they're all  stupid.