Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

6 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

There is no wide disparity ?? - tell me in numbers exactly how you come to that conclusion ??

Until this year, exactly how many WOS clubs were eligible for promotion ???

Up until now, any change to the number of relegation places would have been to the benefit of the EOS & SOS only.

Is that the 'fair' change you feel would have been acceptable ??

The WoS is irrelevant given they have just joined the Pyramid but even then the main contenders next season will be licenced, and yes this should have been implemented long before now.  The EoS has more licenced members than the LL.  One promotion place is an absolute joke even when it was only EoS and SoS.  I recall it being discussed when the influx from the East Juniors was happening and here we are three years down the line.

The LL are every bit as self-preserving as the SPFL.  Your Chairman talks about ventilation and the Pyramid whilst maintining a bottle neck to preserve current members status, even talking about LL2. Hypocrisy. The bottom half of the LL know what's coming at them, and will do everything they can to stangle it for as long as they can get away with.

However, the LL weren't slow to offer up 2 places to the OF.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

I've been pro-pyramid from the start, I don't speak on behalf of Lochee  United but I've always given my own opinion. That has always been pro-pyramid on here. Yes, I know people at Lochee United who have been against the pyramid, but I always respectfully disagreed with them. We will be in the pyramid from next season and I'm delighted about that.

I am extremely glad that we are finally moving to a fully inclusive pyramid system for all of the country. It has been far too long in the making.

I wish you and your club  well in this new venture.

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

As it stands right now, the only clubs affected by this decision are the LL clubs themselves. Nobody else.

No, players who previously would have been released or loaned to lower league clubs will now be kept by the old firm.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The WoS is irrelevant given they have just joined the Pyramid but even then the main contenders next season will be licenced, and yes this should have been implemented long before now.  The EoS has more licenced members than the LL.  One promotion place is an absolute joke even when it was only EoS and SoS.  I recall it being discussed when the influx from the East Juniors was happening and here we are three years down the line.

The LL are every bit as self-preserving as the SPFL.  Your Chairman talks about ventilation and the Pyramid whilst maintaining a bottle neck to preserve current members status, even talking about LL2. Hypocrisy. The bottom half of the LL know what's coming at them, and will do everything they can to strangle it for as long as they can get away with.

However, the LL weren't slow to offer up 2 places to the OF.

Please don't tell the WOS that they are irrelevant - they won't like it !!!

I note that you have completely ignored my challenge to you regarding the current wide disparity

Let me make one thing absolutely clear - I think there should be more relegations places from the LL.

The perceived problem for the LL has always been that they had a variable number of  possibilities in how many changes would take place to keep the league at 16.

The problem with the promotion has largely gone now with the large number of licenced clubs available.

When the number of relegation spots increase I have no idea but it can't come soon enough ! 

The offer to the Colts tho does not affect the above in any way.

1 minute ago, VodkaTap said:

Please don't tell the WOS that they are irrelevant - they won't like it !!!

I note that you have completely ignored my challenge to you regarding the current wide disparity

Let me make one thing absolutely clear - I think there should be more relegations places from the LL.

The perceived problem for the LL has always been that they had a variable number of  possibilities in how many changes would take place to keep the league at 16.

The problem with the promotion has largely gone now with the large number of licenced clubs available.

When the number of relegation spots increase I have no idea but it can't come soon enough ! 

The offer to the Colts tho does not affect the above in any way.

You're question about disparity is absolutely irrelevant (but I did point out that the EoS has more licenced members than the LL).  As long as the EoS and WoS keep serving up licenced Champions then it has no impact on the LL.  Even then, in the very unlikely event that one of them served up an unlicenced Champion then the LL benefit anyway.  So it really doesn't matter if there's 2 licenced clubs or 200 below the LL.

Darvel, Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow & Clydebank will be licenced before the start of the season, there will likely be more come Feb/Mar.  That's your main contenders from the WoS Premier with a licence. The EoS Premier will only have 2 unlicenced clubs next season, neither of whom will be top half contenders.

There absolutely should be two promotion spots next season, there is no argument against it.

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

No, players who previously would have been released or loaned to lower league clubs will now be kept by the old firm.

So, what you are saying is that lower league clubs are beholden to the old firm.

What I do feel is that is that all clubs should make a greater effort to develop their own players as that leads to a greater affinity to their club.

2 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

what you are saying is that lower league clubs are beholden to the old firm.

What I'm saying is that the old firm will now have even more of a reason to hoover up and hoard players in the vague hope of a gem appearing.

42 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Until this year, exactly how many WOS clubs were eligible for promotion ???

Up until now, any change to the number of relegation places would have been to the benefit of the EOS & SOS only.

Is that the 'fair' change you feel would have been acceptable ??

None because the WOS didn't exist until this year. 

Yeah and? They could've changed it when the WOS joined, and just like before if there's no licensed champion there's no promotion.

7 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

WTF does this sentence even mean?

Suppose we shouldn't be surprised about the self-preservation for LL clubs, given they changed the rules after Selkirk's demise so that the bottom club wouldn't have to reapply if there's an imbalance.

1 minute ago, Honestman1954 said:

Not going to keep it at 16 with the Colt teams and still maybe Brechin City joining in.

No maybe about Brechin, they are going to the Highland League and nowhere else.

38 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

I am extremely glad that we are finally moving to a fully inclusive pyramid system for all of the country. It has been far too long in the making.

I wish you and your club  well in this new venture.

Thanks for that. However, I do think that it's not possible to both support the pyramid and this colt team plan (or even support the LL clubs voting on it).

Just now, Marten said:

No maybe about Brechin, they are going to the Highland League and nowhere else.

Not sure what to make of this:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/highland-league-are-preparing-for-life-with-brechin-city-239290/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

...“The rules state that in the event of a club north of the Tay being relegated from the SPFL, they join the Highland League, so we’re working on that basis,” he said.

“The bottom line is, the rules state that’s what happens, so we’ll deal with it accordingly.

“Now, if Brechin want to try and do something different, that’s entirely a matter for them. What we’ve got to do is have some sympathy with Brechin.

...“I’m sure they’ve woken up on Monday morning feeling terribly flat. That’s quite a harsh experience they’ve gone through, so you’ve got to give them time to lick their wounds.

“Then we’ll deal with it in as sympathetic manner as possible.”

If Brechin do indeed join the Highland League, it will see the division return to 18 teams...

“We don’t know quite what the time pattern will be,” Houston said.

“I wouldn’t want it to run too long, because we’re at the stage where a lot of the structural preparation for next season has to be put in place quite quickly. We’ll try and deal with it sympathetically, but we can’t wait forever.

“It’s not a problem for us to go back to 18 teams, there’s no difference whatsoever in terms of scheduling for 17 clubs or 18 clubs.”

Sounds like Brechin City are still up to something behind the scenes.

25 minutes ago, Honestman1954 said:

Not sure what to make of this:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/highland-league-are-preparing-for-life-with-brechin-city-239290/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

...“The rules state that in the event of a club north of the Tay being relegated from the SPFL, they join the Highland League, so we’re working on that basis,” he said.

“The bottom line is, the rules state that’s what happens, so we’ll deal with it accordingly.

“Now, if Brechin want to try and do something different, that’s entirely a matter for them. What we’ve got to do is have some sympathy with Brechin.

...“I’m sure they’ve woken up on Monday morning feeling terribly flat. That’s quite a harsh experience they’ve gone through, so you’ve got to give them time to lick their wounds.

“Then we’ll deal with it in as sympathetic manner as possible.”

If Brechin do indeed join the Highland League, it will see the division return to 18 teams...

“We don’t know quite what the time pattern will be,” Houston said.

“I wouldn’t want it to run too long, because we’re at the stage where a lot of the structural preparation for next season has to be put in place quite quickly. We’ll try and deal with it sympathetically, but we can’t wait forever.

“It’s not a problem for us to go back to 18 teams, there’s no difference whatsoever in terms of scheduling for 17 clubs or 18 clubs.”

Sounds like Brechin City are still up to something behind the scenes.

It seems that Brechin are preparing to play in the Highland league.

speaking to BBC’s Sportsound programme following the defeat, Ferguson says a move to the Highland League is the scenario he is expecting.

Ferguson said: “The rules are that we go to the Highland League. That’s how the rules are placed at the moment and that’s what we have got to assume will happen.

Edited by VodkaTap

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

Thanks for that. However, I do think that it's not possible to both support the pyramid and this colt team plan (or even support the LL clubs voting on it).

No matter what our views are on the pyramid, the LL clubs have given their indicative vote and will give their final vote on this colts plan shortly.

50 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You're question about disparity is absolutely irrelevant (but I did point out that the EoS has more licenced members than the LL).  As long as the EoS and WoS keep serving up licenced Champions then it has no impact on the LL.  Even then, in the very unlikely event that one of them served up an unlicenced Champion then the LL benefit anyway.  So it really doesn't matter if there's 2 licenced clubs or 200 below the LL.

Darvel, Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow & Clydebank will be licenced before the start of the season, there will likely be more come Feb/Mar.  That's your main contenders from the WoS Premier with a licence. The EoS Premier will only have 2 unlicenced clubs next season, neither of whom will be top half contenders.

There absolutely should be two promotion spots next season, there is no argument against it.

After all i have said about the number of relegation places - are you expecting to disagree with you ????

57 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

"The perceived problem for the LL has always been that they had a variable number of  possibilities in how many changes would take place to keep the league at 16."

WTF does this sentence even mean?

ok - just for you I will give you example 

HL champion goes to SPFL 2 & team 42 go to LL = LL+1

Having the established principle that league numbers will be kept at 16, how should the LL deal with this possibility ?

Will the EOS, WOS & SOS accept a variable numbers of relegation spots ???

Edited by VodkaTap

33 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Having the established principle that league numbers will be kept at 16, how should the LL deal with this possibility ?

You mean like that time Cove Rangers were promoted and Berwick Rangers were relegated to the LL?

I don't remember anyone having a problem with it...since that's what they signed up for and have known as a possibility ever since the LL Pyramid Play-off started.

During 2018-19 there were those happy at the prospect of Dalbeattie getting relegated as well since Selkirk had gone bust. As the rules at the time were for "bottom" and "2nd bottom" getting relegated. Which would have created an opportunity for another Tier 6 club to apply to get in.

In a normal season under the existing LL Pyramid Play-off rules the likes of the EoSFL have accepted anywhere from 3-4 teams might be relegated from the EoS Premier. With the temporary expansion of the LL to 17 many were expecting VoL & Edinburgh University to come back down at once.

Tier 6 will deal with receiving the rare surplus of relegated LL teams. They want greater certainty of their licenced champions getting promoted every season.

48 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

This issue already exists does it not? At the top of the LL, you already have a scenario where numbers can stay the same, increase by one or decrease by one. And all promotion and relegation dynamics below that have to account for this. Moving from 1up/1down to 2up/2down or even 3up/3down doesn't change that fundamental issue.

For everyone benefit let me make it absolutely clear about my position as regards the decision to allow the colts in the LL

I believe that all fans are perfectly within their rights to make their views known as to the rights or wrongs of this decision.

I believe that it is ultimately for only the LL clubs to vote and make their decision.

I accept when they say that this decision is for 1 year only.
I accept when they say that promotion and relegation will be unaffected by their participation.

I believe that any possible continuation after this year will mean that, after examination of this experiment, more discussion and another vote will again be needed by the LL clubs.

I do believe that the old firm will want to use this to further their ambitions within the SPFL.

I believe that the colts cannot move from the LL without acceptance by the SPFL clubs.
The colts cannot be foisted into the SPFL by any means without agreement.

As can be seen from all of the above, at no time have I expressed a personal opinion as to whether having the colts in the LL is right or wrong.

What I have been arguing for is the right of the LL clubs only to make that decision since it is only the LL clubs that are directly affect by the decision they have taken.

I have already stated my position regarding relegation  - the number of places should be increased.
Again tho, only the LL clubs can make a change regarding this but they must recognise the pressure for change is becoming much stronger & the status quo is no longer valid.

Hopefully I wont need to respond so much to the various posts !!!