Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

What a laugh this and just about every other thread on this subject is, fans from league clubs now coming on and kidding on they give a shit about the pyramid, half of them don’t even know how it works. 

I have read disparaging comments about LL clubs, and how they are traitors etc etc, it’s all bullshit.  What you are really outraged at is the fact that it is Celtic and Rangers, nothing else. Here is an idea, take your blinkers off at look at the financial state of Scottish football, it’s shite, and every penny is a prisoner at this level. If clubs want to take money from this and it helps them survive, then let them, what harm is it doing you or your club, and spare us the faux outrage about the damage to the pyramid.

Red dot away.

Edited by Big Dougie

6 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

what harm is it doing you or your club, and spare us the faux outrage about the damage to the pyramid

Allowing the old firm to hoard even more players is good for my club in what way?

9 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

What a laugh this and just about every other thread on this subject is, fans from league clubs now coming on and kidding on they give a shit about the pyramid, half of them don’t even know how it works. 

I have read disparaging comments about LL clubs, and how they are traitors etc etc, it’s all bullshit.  What you are really outraged at is the fact that it is Celtic and Rangers, nothing else. Here is an idea, take your blinkers off at look at the financial state of Scottish football, it’s shite, and every penny is a prisoner at this level. If clubs want to take money from this and it helps them survive, then let them, what harm is it doing you or your club, and spare us the faux outrage about the damage to the pyramid.

Red dot away.

So destroying the integrity of the pyramid is something we shouldn't moan about? It was a disgrace that this plan was put to a vote in the first place and all clubs who made the awful decision to back this plan deserve all the criticism they get. The OF will use this to get a permanent presence in lower league football for their colt teams, they haven't exactly been shy about their intentions. If that happens, it would ruin lower league football in Scotland. This plan disadvantages tier 6 leagues and can have a knock-on effect on lower SPFL leagues. It's pretty obvious why so many people are passionate about this.

There are no positives about this, only negatives.

Edited by Marten

9 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

Red dot away.

Erm, we know how this works. Colt teams have already infested the Challenge Cup and ruined what little credibility that tournament had left. Now they've gotten their claws into the league setup as well. Little by little the prospect of colt teams from the OF, and potentially other top tier sides, getting into the league setup and further diluting the competitions that our teams play in becomes more and more of a reality. That's what we are giving a shit about. 

42 minutes ago, RiG said:

Erm, we know how this works. Colt teams have already infested the Challenge Cup and ruined what little credibility that tournament had left. Now they've gotten their claws into the league setup as well. Little by little the prospect of colt teams from the OF, and potentially other top tier sides, getting into the league setup and further diluting the competitions that our teams play in becomes more and more of a reality. That's what we are giving a shit about. 

I totally understand your concerns but at present It affects the LL clubs for 1 year - nothing more.  Any change to that & the clubs will have to vote again either to continue or discontinue the Colts experiment in the LL.

The lower league clubs, and their supporters in the SPFL will get their chance to voice their opinion when it is needed at the right time, in other words, when something is proposed that affects them.

The LL cannot impose any team nor impose changes to promotion on another league !!!

10 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

Red dot away.

Yet another gormless defence of anything colts related or adjacent by Big Dougie the "Burntisland Shipyard supporter".

17 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

I totally understand your concerns but at present It affects the LL clubs for 1 year - nothing more.  Any change to that & the clubs will have to vote again either to continue or discontinue the Colts experiment in the LL.

The lower league clubs, and their supporters in the SPFL will get their chance to voice their opinion when it is needed at the right time, in other words, when something is proposed that affects them.

The LL cannot impose any team nor impose changes to promotion on another league !!!

Do you really, really believe that after one season of this that will be it? If the LL clubs do indeed vote no to continuing with it that there won't be another attempt made to try and get colt sides into the league setup?

9 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Exactly the problem. 16 clubs get to decide what to do and have the potential to affect everyone else. There's limited turnover between the LL and the other leagues. So the same clubs that have proven can be bought will just get bought again.

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

@Big Dougie is right. I, and I think I speak for all of us, absolutely love the idea of destroying the lower leagues as serious competitions for no fucking reason, I just don’t want it to be the OF that do it.

It's an astute observation from Dougie right enough. I, for one, can't wait for the day East Fife play a league match against Hearts u-21s at the Oriam.

45 minutes ago, RiG said:

Do you really, really believe that after one season of this that will be it? If the LL clubs do indeed vote no to continuing with it that there won't be another attempt made to try and get colt sides into the league setup?

TBH, I have no idea what will be the outcome of this experiment. Am sure there will be both good and bad points to come out of it all.

I do agree that the Colts are likely to want to continue & advance this if they can. But it is a democracy & whatever way the LL clubs vote then surely everyone will have to accept the result.

Remember , the important part is that the LL clubs will be voting on what happens within their league only. They can't impose any decision on another league !!!

56 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Exactly the problem. 16 clubs get to decide what to do and have the potential to affect everyone else. There's limited turnover between the LL and the other leagues. So the same clubs that have proven can be bought will just get bought again.

16 LL clubs vote on what happens within their league only - nothing more !!!

You seem to think the LL have influence on other leagues way more that they  have , expect, or are looking for.

Other league clubs will decide what happens within their own leagues and that decision will have nothing to do with whatever happens in the LL.

It the OF colts want to move further then they will have to do their persuading on another set of clubs & fans all over again, just as they have done in the LL.

Edited by VodkaTap

6 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

TBH, I have no idea what will be the outcome of this experiment. Am sure there will be both good and bad points to come out of it all.

I do agree that the Colts are likely to want to continue & advance this if they can. But it is a democracy & whatever way the LL clubs vote then surely everyone will have to accept the result.

Remember , the important part is that the LL clubs will be voting on what happens within their league only. They can't impose any decision on another league !!!

No f*cking way this disgrace of a vote should be accepted. I'd fully support as much outside pressure on the LL as possible to force them to withdraw this plan.

Just now, VodkaTap said:

16 LL clubs vote on what happens within their league only - nothing more !!!

You seem to think the LL have influence on other leagues way more that they  have , expect, or are looking for.

Other league clubs will decide what happens within their own leagues and that decision will have nothing to do with whatever happens in the LL.

The Lowland League isn't a stand alone league. They vote to further the Colts participation or make them members affects the SPFL/WoSFL/EoSFL/SoSFL. Not just the 16 members that would be a part of any vote.

The Lowland has preached about the pyramid to understand well enough how it works.

22 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

It depends what you mean by "accept". There aren't going to be hoards of SPFL fans rioting outside Peffermill when Edinburgh Uni play OF colts (chances are there won't be anyone there). But why would folk accept it as in agreeing with it or not being bothered by it? the LL is part of the pyramid now. It's connected to the SPFL and to the leagues below it. What they do does effect or potentially effect current SPFL clubs so why wouldn't SPFL fans have an opinion on that.

You can keep saying "It's only 1 year" all you like. You know as well as everyone else does that the OF see this as the thin end of the wedge. They're hoping that 1 year in the LL normalises colt teams in the pyramid with the intention of getting them into the SPFL later on. And no doubt the "1 year" after that and after that until nobody cares any more and sees colts in the SPFL as inevitable. Everyone opposed to that should absolutely be making their views pretty clear to the current proposal to stop that happening. 

Edited by Gordon EF

Regardless of whether or not it’s “only one season” or “doesn’t affect any other leagues” (which are naive and wrong, in that order) anything which gives legitimacy to the idea that youth teams should be playing in the senior pyramid should be opposed

40 minutes ago, Marten said:

No f*cking way this disgrace of a vote should be accepted. I'd fully support as much outside pressure on the LL as possible to force them to withdraw this plan.

You don't like the way the LL clubs have given an indicative vote ?                                 Unfortunately that just tough.

You have every right to pressure all you like, but, at the end of the day It is for the LL clubs only to decide on this matter