Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

They wanted to finish unbeaten and with the best defensive record?

So what is it then? Do they seriously want to develop,young Scottish talent, or don’t they?

Although I suspect you know the answer.

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

So what is it then? Do they seriously want to develop,young Scottish talent, or don’t they?

Although I suspect you know the answer.

WTF are you sniping at me for?

Here's an idea. The OF and supporters of the B teams idea are convinced that it will improve future generations of Scottish players. Well, let's hear a £ value of that improvement. We have decades of evidence of B teams in multiple countries and apparently football's finest minds have been studying this. Tell us how much more valuable each cohort of youth players will become by having them play in B teams. And then give every club who's in a league with them a cut of this estimated improvement. Is it £1 million improvement per year? £10 million? 

If this is for the good of Scottish football and will improve the next generation of OF players significantly, and that improvement is dependent on lower league clubs, then tell us what you expect the value of that development to be and share it with the clubs helping out. Surely that's a win-win?

13 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

George Fraser and co could make themselves national heroes today with one easy press release:

"In light of the disgusting scenes taking place throughout Glasgow yesterday, the Lowland League no longer wishes to be associated with any club whose fans behave in such a manner while "celebrating".

Consequently the offer to Rangers and Celtic to field youth sides in the League next season has been withdrawn. 

END."

Come on George. You know it makes sense. 

So true.

For me it dates back several years when they were in tier 4 and yet still saw fit to offer Ian Black something like £8k a week to get them out a part time league.

I understand its hard to blood youngsters in a two team league when one single defeat can get you lambasted from all angles.

But with the players they had when they were in the fourth tier, they could easily have got out of that with the talented youngsters they had at their disposal.

And whilst I used to be one of his biggest supporters, and I still believe (fundamentally) that he is a decent guy, I just can't see 'Podcast George' (patented term)  taking the moral high ground............but I live in hope.....as that is certainly what he used to believe in (and stand for)  prior to his Old Firm love affair. 

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

Hopefully someone at the LL will be drafting rules for these two that will limit the number of players that they can use and, most certainly, have a date after which they can't change their pool. Having a nominated pool at the start of the season would help.

20 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

16-16 as the national divisions would have been OK if there was a way provided for the 5 clubs to play their way back in later. The problem with what was being attempted in the 60s was that there was no Lowland League angle to it. It's bizarre that it took so long for the pyramid principle to take root and how it had to happen in England first before it even became a fringe idea in a Scottish context.

Disagree: these five weren't to be slung out the league system on merit, Rangers as then wanted them out because the five were being awarded football pools money which the Ibrox side decided they weren't entitled to, as they, at that time, had the lowest average crowds in the league.

And the reason the pyramid was finally implemented in Scotland is again to do with Govan: when Charles Green's new club wanted access to the leagues, those who were ahead of them in the queue had to be convinced there would be a structure set up for them to access, and fall back into where necessary, using George Fraser's present term 'ventilation', so as not to rock the boat.

I'd assume the reason why Rangers rarely play any youngsters is mainly down to the fact that 99% of them are utter shite and will end up in the Lowland League or the WOSFL after being released at 19.

Having had the chance to reflect on this, I can’t understand this one bit:

“This is a one year pilot project”

so at the end of year, it’s been a success and Lowland  board decide to make it permanent.

but the problem is that the league has 18 - maybe 19! - clubs. 

so to take it back to 16 you might need to relegate 3 extra clubs.

so presumably at that point VOL, Gretna, Cumbernauld, Caley Braves don’t vote to continue experiment as they would be voting to relegate themselves.

that couldn’t happen could it?

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

And the reason the pyramid was finally implemented in Scotland is again to do with Govan: when Charles Green's new club wanted access to the leagues, those who were ahead of them in the queue had to be convinced there would be a structure set up for them to access, and fall back into where necessary, using George Fraser's present term 'ventilation', so as not to rock the boat.

This isn't really the case - the main reason the pyramid came about is that UEFA decided that they wanted every league in Europe to have an open pyramid and us and the Netherlands were the only two majorish nations who didn't have one. One of Stewart Regan's main objectives when he took the job was to implement a pyramid, he was quite well incentivised for it too.

In 2012 there would have been absolutely no need for the SFL to try to appease the non-league clubs in the way that you've suggested, since they had absolutely no say in the process of how new clubs were elected to the SFL anyway. There was no queue for anyone to be ahead of them in.

On 12/05/2021 at 21:22, foreverarover said:

Watched a bit of lowland league football over the last few seasons when I could. Won't set foot into a ground again. That'll be one man and a dug watching it.

No change to the attendance figures at Alliance Park then.

Teenagers scored goals in some English Premiership games over the weekend. Given a chance by their clubs, well done to both parties.  What are we in the LL likely to get,  teenagers just on the payroll of clubs where they have no chance of progression due to their policy of bringing in loan players and signing nondescript players. If these teenagers are good enough they should be given their chance in the first team.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This isn't really the case - the main reason the pyramid came about is that UEFA decided that they wanted every league in Europe to have an open pyramid and us and the Netherlands were the only two majorish nations who didn't have one. One of Stewart Regan's main objectives when he took the job was to implement a pyramid, he was quite well incentivised for it too.

In 2012 there would have been absolutely no need for the SFL to try to appease the non-league clubs in the way that you've suggested, since they had absolutely no say in the process of how new clubs were elected to the SFL anyway. There was no queue for anyone to be ahead of them in.

Believe that if you wish, I've been informed otherwise. We'll have to agree to differ.