Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Happy to be proven wrong. I think it was @HibeeJibee who did it possibly 

216 2016-17 First Round Celtic 5-1 Annan Athletic @ Cappielow
449 2016-17 Second Round Cowdenbeath 1-2 Celtic  
1,214 2016-17 Third Round Livingston 5-1 Celtic  
278 2017-18 First Round Annan Athletic 3-1 Celtic  
266 2018-19 First Round Annan Athletic 4-0 Celtic  
321 2019-20 First Round Queen's Park 2-2 Celtic (P)  
1,076 2019-20 Second Round Falkirk (P) 1-1 Celtic  

493 2016-17 First Round Rangers 4-0 Stirling University @ Forthbank
324 2016-17 Second Round Rangers 1-3 Stenhousemuir @ Forthbank
389 2017-18 First Round Dumbarton 2-1 Rangers  
636 2018-19 First Round Rangers 1-2 Falkirk @ Forthbank
303 2019-20 First Round Berwick Rangers 1-2 Rangers  
524 2019-20 Second Round Stranraer 0-2 Rangers  
895 2019-20 Third Round Ballymena United 0-1 Rangers  
1,598 2019-20 Fourth Round Solihull Motors 3-3 Rangers (P)  
5,426 2019-20 Quarter finals Rangers 2-0 Wrexham @ Ibrox
1,741 2019-20 Semi finals Inverness CT 2-1 Rangers  

6 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Bloody hell, that is a lot of goalposts you've been moving. 

I honestly don't understand why you think there won't be a considerable rise in attendances of clubs where 10 have an avg att of less than 200 and 3 have an avg atg of less than 100. Figures taken from your link. 

Edited by edinabear

1 minute ago, andrew21 said:

How many Rangers and Celtic fans were at the games I mentioned and the ones that FWF quoted on his post? And those were competitive games. 

I suppose we don't know that. I thought home fans boycotted these games against the colts though

7 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Still 3 x the average of a lot of the LL Teams crowds then 

Assuming they get close to similar attendances. Berwick in the LL were averaging 348 so that's below average. Suggesting Rangers didn't bring 100s. Queen's Park were averaging 583 so again weren't getting 100s in away attendances.

Keep in mind most of the these Challenge Cup games were taking place midweek or on International weekends. So the hardcore travelling support should have been available without much of a conflict.

I honestly don't understand why you think there won't be a considerable rise in attendances of clubs where 10 have an avg att of less than 200 and 3 have an avg atg of less than 100. Figures taken from your link. 
The majority of crowds in the Challenge Cup were less than the teams average crowd and almost exclusively made up of home fans. The Old Firm Colts bring next to no fans to Challenge Cup games.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I don't think it's inaccurate to say that attendances would increase as a result of this for sides like BSC or the artists formerly known as Edusport who play in front of about 15 folk every second week.

Entirely my point

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

STILL no second relegation spot if they go to 18 😂😂😂

George's favourite word on his latest podcast appearance was "ventilation" - but the LL doesn't want to open the window marked "two relegation spots" and instead is happy to open the door to the OF Colts who will pay to play friendlies against their clubs.

If they were upfront that it was basically all about money, and the second relegation spot was part of this proposal, you might get some more people (reluctantly) accepting it. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Pathetic stuff from the LL. If they vote this through, I'd fully support blocking all further promotion from and relegation to the Lowland League.

I don't doubt that League 1 and 2 clubs are desperate for any excuse to block relegation to the Lowland Leagues. Rangers and Celtic B teams playing a season worth of friendlies though would be a particularly weak excuse.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Pathetic stuff from the LL. If they vote this through, I'd fully support blocking all further promotion from and relegation to the Lowland League.

Yip. Just go direct to the EoS, SoS and WoS.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

I don't doubt that League 1 and 2 clubs are desperate for any excuse to block relegation to the Lowland Leagues. Rangers and Celtic B teams playing a season worth of friendlies though would be a particularly weak excuse.

it would only last as long as they're there. The point is that the SPFL clubs have rejected colt teams. It would be unfair to relegate them into a league containing them. If the LL want promotion back, ditch the colts.

Interesting that the likes of BSC, Edusportbraves and two Uni sides - clubs where you could throw a blanket over their support and cover them all - could hold the key to Colts finally shoehorning/buying themselves into the Pyramid.

Edited by Burnieman

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

it would only last as long as they're there. The point is that the SPFL clubs have rejected colt teams. It would be unfair to relegate them into a league containing them. If the LL want promotion back, ditch the colts.

Difficult to see how that would work given that the arrangement is for one season only.

It's an incredible contortion of logic to suggest it's "unfair" to relegate the shittest club in League 2 to the Lowland League because of this arrangement. The SPFL doesn't get to dictate to the Lowland League who it's member clubs are and it's crazy to think that they should hold any influence here.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Interesting that the likes of BSC, Edusportbraves and two Uni sides - clubs where you could throw a blanket over their support and cover them all - could hold the key to Colts finally shoehorning themselves into the Pyramid.

I suppose you're needing 9 teams to guarantee it fails. Kelty, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, East Stirlingshire, and Berwick only gets things to 5. And you'd like to think they'd all be against it since their fans will be against it.

Just now, G51 said:

Difficult to see how that would work given that the arrangement is for one season only.

It's an incredible contortion of logic to suggest it's "unfair" to relegate the shittest club in League 2 to the Lowland League because of this arrangement. The SPFL doesn't get to dictate to the Lowland League who it's member clubs are and it's crazy to think that they should hold any influence here.

But the SPFL can dictate who gets into the SPFL. I'm just saying I'd support suspending LL promotion as long as they have colts in the league. 

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I suppose you're needing 9 teams to guarantee it fails. Kelty, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, East Stirlingshire, and Berwick only gets things to 5. And you'd like to think they'd all be against it since their fans will be against it.

It makes little difference to BSC, Edu, Colts, Edin Uni and Stirling Uni as they wont have "fan pressure" to stop this. Probably a few others in that bracket as well, then add in the biscuit of a few grand each to play glorified friendlies and it could very well get voted through.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

But the SPFL can dictate who gets into the SPFL. I'm just saying I'd support suspending LL promotion as long as they have colts in the league. 

If that happened then the sham of a "pyramid" would be called out for what it actually is. A bottleneck designed to prevent League 2 teams being relegated and Highland/Lowland League clubs from being promoted, while still allowing just about enough opportunity to allow the SPFL to claim we have a modern professional football structure.