Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Good to see the Lowland League will now be promoted by two of the top ten clubs competing in this seasons Europa league for social media engagement.

Well done lads. Clear tangible benefit.

Edited by The Minertaur

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

1) I believe so.

2) Squad moves can only be made during normal transfer windows is my understanding from the proposal document. Max age is 2002s (u20s) with allowance for one u21 outfielder, one u21 keeper.

Kind of you to answer: when you say, 'I believe so', is that a 'yes'? 

As to the movement of players, I'm unsure if your interpretation is accurate, but will look into it. 

Can you indicate where I can see the actual deal that the eleven clubs voted for?

One way the LL could save some face with fans is at at the end of the season they open up to have a revolving door of 2 spfl colt teams take part in the league each year. So at the end of this season Rangers and Celtic regardless of position in the LL league (you could factor league position in via home/away advantage) have to play the top 2 from the spfl development league in a mini playoff for the resulting top 2 teams to play in the LL the following season, the other two dropping back/staying in the spfl development league. Atleast that way the colt teams are there on merit of some type and adds an element of competition to the spfl development league by playing for promotion into the LL. Then that process repeats each year. It will often be Rangers & Celtic taking those places but could just as well be a Hibs & Hamilton for example. Then it really is all about supporting youth development and you would imagine all spfl clubs can afford a £25k joining fee .

Edited by morley

11 minutes ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

These countries also invest in facilities and high quality youth coaching.

Also, some of the clubs from those countries that have B or Colt teams (e.g. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc) are some of the richest clubs in the world which will have a significantly bigger say in them, and their younger players, being successful than B or Colt teams.

More to the point, if one of the Colt teams finish top next season, do the LL have an absolute guarantee from the SPFL and HL that they will accept the second placed (or even third placed) team into the L2 play-off?

If not, clubs need to reject the proposal at AGM.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

More to the point, if one of the Colt teams finish top next season, do the LL have an absolute guarantee from the SPFL and HL that they will accept the second placed (or even third placed) team into the L2 play-off?

If not, clubs need to reject the proposal at AGM.

On his podcast appearance George Fraser was asked if the SFA and SPFL had agreed on this. In his reply he only mentioned the SFA.

Even if it has been ran by the SPFL Board so far. That's still likely to be challenged by the SPFL clubs. Look at how they got this year's decisions challenged. Let's face it if a OF Colt team is off celebrating being Lowland League Champion 2021-22, I doubt Club 42 and HL will be happy competing against a paper champion.

Without meaning to sound like some racist UKIP or Tory supporter based on this tweet which, if accurate, suggests that the colt teams can field players of any nationality. Doesn't really chime with the "it'll benefit the national side" argument.  

17 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Kind of you to answer: when you say, 'I believe so', is that a 'yes'? 

As to the movement of players, I'm unsure if your interpretation is accurate, but will look into it. 

Can you indicate where I can see the actual deal that the eleven clubs voted for?

The reason I haven’t said a full yes is that it still appears to be fluid. Will need to wait until confirmation at the AGM to be absolutely sure.

The movement of players bit comes directly from the document shared around (slideshow style one). I don’t think a copy of the actual ‘deal’ has leaked out yet. It will, no doubt.

1 minute ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

So apart from Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg who are the other good guys? Hopefully the sooner absolute losers like Berwick and East Stirling are liquidated the better it will be for everyone.

Civil Service Strollers, don't know about the other 2 yet.

41 minutes ago, woof! said:

It’s a peculiarity of this mentally  diseased country that this is shot down because of bitter hatred, despite the fact that all evidence points to improved player development.

Apparently it can be done in huge countries like Spain and Germany, but not here. Croatia was cited as an example of how it could benefit countries similar to Scotland with around 70% of their World Cup finalists coming through the B team system. An SPFL director rebutted the suggestion saying “Yes, but they’re a successful country”.  

Fight me.

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

The reason I haven’t said a full yes is that it still appears to be fluid. Will need to wait until confirmation at the AGM to be absolutely sure.

The movement of players bit comes directly from the document shared around (slideshow style one). I don’t think a copy of the actual ‘deal’ has leaked out yet. It will, no doubt.

Thanks again. I'd find it odd if the LL clubs thought it ok to be playing opponents for league points when the opposition aren't actually competing. 

If the decision on something as basic as awarding points for league match success hasn't been made clear, it's also bizarre that eleven clubs would vote this through without clarification.

I don't think "abstained" = good guys. Vote against it, FFS. If your argument is "we won't be in the Lowland League anyway" then, firstly, that's massively arrogant and I hope Brechin kick your arses, secondly, you would still fail to vote against a proposal that may prevent a club from being promoted legitimately via the pyramid, as you intend to be.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

On his podcast appearance George Fraser was asked if the SFA and SPFL had agreed on this. In his reply he only mentioned the SFA.

Even if it has been ran by the SPFL Board so far. That's still likely to be challenged by the SPFL clubs. Look at how they got this year's decisions challenged. Let's face it if a OF Colt team is off celebrating being Lowland League Champion 2021-22, I doubt Club 42 and HL will be happy competing against a paper champion.

and there is where fans of L2 clubs can have an influence.  Ask their clubs to oppose any change to the play-off rules which means non-Champions can enter the PO. I'm sure that will be in the mind of L2 Chairman anyway once they see this proposal.

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't think "abstained" = good guys. Vote against it, FFS. If your argument is "we won't be in the Lowland League anyway" then, firstly, that's massively arrogant and I hope Brechin kick your arses, secondly, you would still fail to vote against a proposal that may prevent a club from being promoted legitimately via the pyramid, as you intend to be.

They don't fall into the w**k category (Wategory?) so I put them in there. I'll separate them if that makes their goodguyness less virtuous.

An abstention has exactly the same effect as a no vote.