Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Well, I've had a night's sleep and I can't say I'm any less angry. I've defended the likes of BSC, Caledonian Braves & VoL on here. No more, they (amongst 8 others) have completely destroyed the integrity of the pyramid, a complete sell-out. F*ck them, I now hope Alloa kick BSC out as soon as they can. George Fraser lost all respect & credit he built up, his role in this was a disgrace. And how can he with a straight face say they stand up for the integrity of the pyramid?

Absolutely awful this. The below tweet from the EOS is spot on IMO.

Celtic's attendances at Cappielow for the 2016-17 UEFA Youth League (no figures for 17-18 at Dumbarton?) were 246, 341, 296. The first game was at 6pm on the night of a Champions League game (can't exactly watch both) and the other two were at 3pm on a weekday. 
Only 3 LL clubs and 4 EOS clubs get more than that on average. I highly doubt U20s get that amount either. I understand that you don't like the OF and Colts but not sure why you would post easily disproved nonsense?
But it will be interesting to see what happens with the OF fans given there's no LL clubs in Glasgow or Ayrshire.
As for Vale of Leithen - their vice-chairman is on their Facebook defending it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/350995348896/permalink/10158474608213897/
Untitled-3.png.024b3440dc0114daf47d30e5c17f0dd0.png
Gone @ him saying the LL c***s are the only clubs with the guts to progress Scottish football. A deeply stupid and naive man who, as was said earlier, has just got giddy because Celtic and Rangers have acknowledged their existence.

12 minutes ago, Ironside8 said:

What people need to realise is the main movers and shakers in the lowland league are in the grand scheme of things newbies to non league football. They don't have a lifetime of non league supporting history and work as committee men behind them, they don't see things the way a true non league fan does, they don't think they are doing anything wrong, they don't really care about a true 'pyramid' all they care about it the own little bubble they operate in.
This is one of the main reasons the 'pyramid' was always a doomed project from the get go.

It would always take time for clubs to find their new level, especially with so many clubs pumping unsustainable money into it. Long term the pyramid was a good step and would eventually sort itself out and be a great success.

These scab clubs have just signed it's death warrant for £2.5k each.

Looking forward to the year 2046 when Vale of Leithen vote to admit Pollok Colts to the Lowland League, allowing the division to expand to 51 teams as Vale avoid relegation after finishing with 0 points and a goal difference of -135 the previous year.

Bringing B clubs into the Professional Game Board level of the pyramid I would say wasn't in the LL's gift, from a moral point of view. It should have been discussed as a wider issue by the SFA's membership. I know that's apples and oranges but it's the only organisation they're all a part of. This 'experiment' will lead to the OF wanting into the SPFL and it's highly likely to succeed now they have managed to isolate then break the weakest link in the chain. The LL clubs not having any regard for the impact this will have is abhorrent. 

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

The least self aware tweet imaginable from the Strathy lot

Screenshot_20210510-225115_Twitter.jpg

Its quite telling that the only people who appear to be ‘fans’ of edusport all seem to be listing ‘ra gers’ etc as their ‘big team’. 

£2500, what does that buy, might get you a striker at a £500 signing bonus and 10-15 weeks wages. Jesus. 

10 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Can some good guys from the SPFL send players on loan to Brechin just for the next game in the interest of beating the wanks?

I nominate Scott Allan and David Gray from Hibs.

Any other sound clubs got any fringe players they could send down for the greater good?

Messi touching down at Brechin International later this morning.

If these are "friendlies" can a club refuse to play the 2 joke teams?

Surely the league can not mandate who clubs play in "friendlies"?

29th April George Fraser appears on the Scottish Football Marketing podcast talking about increasing accessibility to the leagues below the LL. Having to lead by example compared to the SPFL.

A week later invites Colts teams and brings up LL2.

Quite a change of heart.

1 minute ago, drs said:

If these are "friendlies" can a club refuse to play the 2 joke teams?

Surely the league can not mandate who clubs play in "friendlies"?

I imagine the bribe joining fee might be reduced in that case.

It is staggering how little the Lowland League clubs have been willing to sell their souls for. You have to imagine the Old Firm would have paid more if they were pushed.

A few people have pointed out that both Celtic & Rangers have had players performing well on loan at higher levels this year. If this becomes a long term thing, the better youngsters won't play in the Lowland League but I don't think that will apply next year. As it's the first time the Old Firm are running B teams, and it's only confirmed for one year so far (aye right), I think both Celtic and Rangers will load their teams with the best players possible next year. I'm not saying they will, but they'll hope they both finish in the top two to strengthen their argument for being allowed to play at a higher level.

As I've said before, the 42 league clubs should just close off the pyramid entirely until the colt teams are kicked out. That might be harsh on the Highland League, those who voted against it in the LL, and the lower tiers, but it's the strongest action they can take and would increase pressure on the Lowland League clubs even more.

Edited by Jaggy Snake