Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Didn't LL clubs receive something like £33k each from the SG/Lottery grant money just before Xmas?

Yes. And then they didn't have to test players or bring them off furlough, unlike SPFL clubs.

25 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

League 2 clubs have just had 150k grand (100k from government and 50k from James Anderson) given to them and even the bottom team will be getting 40k from league if its the same prize money as last season. Throw in £20k  minimum from League cup and money from Scottish cup games.

Puts clubs in Lowland league (30k from government money)trying to get some extra cash into perspective.

Get your point, however L1 L2 clubs knock these proposals back couple of times before we got the “Covid” money.

my point is that is is way beyond cash it’s about the rest of Scottish football and the support of the other teams being respected. It’s a totally selfish and arrogant proposal 

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Absolute c***s. Kick Kelty out of the playoffs. Block off access to League Two, let the Highland League winners play the winner of a playoff between tier 6 winners next year.

That would back up the message league 1&2 sent about colts not having a place in the league system.

I support the Old Firm having B teams in the Lowland League. 
1. This is to help Scottish football produce more good Scottish players. That is as simple as it is. It is simply to help our international side. Which is the priority. 
2. I do not care if it is self serving of the Old Firm. If you think it is self serving then the ONLY explanation for that is that it Will help the Old Firm produce good Scottish players. So GOOD! If you do not want a good Scottish national side, then why on Earth should people listen to you, on how to help Scottish soccer? 
I support systems that produce good Scottish players. I do not care if it helps other clubs. I support all Scottish clubs doing well regardless if they are Celtic, Rangers or Brechin or Peterhead.  
3. The Old Firm are winning every league anyway, so the idea that this is bad because it might enable the Old Firm to win the title, is a ridiculous argument. 
4. I would love it if all Scottish clubs could play B teams lower down the leagues. The more chances for young players the better. 
5. They do this in Croatia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, France and Germany. So if it works there it should work here. Look at Croatia reaching a World Cup Final. They have a smaller population than Scotland. If only Scotland could reach a World Cup Final.
6. I want all Scottish clubs to do well. Some people would rather Scottish football did rubbish, than help another side develop young players, 
7.  Then you get the lot saying that they want nothing to do with the Old Firm. Well why is it when a side draw Celtic or Rangers in the cup or a testimonial the attendances go up? Would your team refuse a big transfer from Celtic or Rangers, Would you refuse to loan their players? Would you really put your hatred for Celtic and Rangers above helping the international side?  

I want what is best for Scottish football. Lets create a system that EXPLOITS the Old Firm to develop good Scottish players. They would never fill their first team with young players, they would get slaughtered in Europe, so they would just let their young players rot away. So the preferable option is a system where all young players get competitive game time. The B team system seems perfect. 
I support B teams in the Lowland League, as it will help the national side develop more players. 

It would be fun. 

I do not see it as a humiliation to play Celtic or Rangers B sides,. It would be a big game for the teams and players. 

Just when you thought the thread couldnt get worse...

I support the Old Firm having B teams in the Lowland League.

5. They do this in Croatia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, France and Germany. So if it works there it should work here. Look at Croatia reaching a World Cup Final. They have a smaller population than Scotland. If only Scotland could reach a World Cup Final.

This tired argument conveniently leaves out countries like Armenia which introduced B teams and are still absolute shite.

7 minutes ago, peternapper said:

That would back up the message league 1&2 sent about colts not having a place in the league system.

I would also urge all LL supporters to stay away from any Volt game, send a message.

I would also love to see SPFL teams boycott the Challenge cup after this.

I guess these Old Firm youths will all become superstars now and not end up eventually picking skelfs out of their arses on the bench at Queen of the South or Arbroath as they can play Caley Braves or BSC in front of sub 200 crowds for a year.

Fucking cyclops logic. 

Edited by Benidorm

6 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

I guess these Old Firm youths will all become superstars now and not end up eventually picking skelfs out of their arses on the bench at Queen of the South or Arbroath as they can play Caley Braves or BSC in front of sub 200 crowds for a year.

Fucking cyclops logic. 

You have got one zero too many in your crowd figure at the clubs.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

16 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Looks like it's positive news from this meeting tonight. The futures bright in the LL

...the future's a Bo'ness United away jersey from a couple of years back.

Think this is a bad move and that what they should be doing is inviting applications to make up for the nulls and voids in the WoS and EoS so they can still inject more strength in depth from below. Turkeys don't vote though as they know what would happen with a subsequent move back to 16

Something to ponder is if this is really to emulate what Ajax and Benfica are doing how does a game against Vale of Leithen compare in player development terms for possible future internationals as opposed to a game against a fully professional second tier club in the Netherlands or Portugal?

Edited by LongTimeLurker