Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

League full of pointless pathetic clubs. Cumbernauld Boys Club, Open Goal Alloa, the Caledonian Braves conmen for starters. 
Why don't they just ask to enter them in the Premiership? Or would that compromise the integrity of the game? [emoji849]

I'm sorry but Cumbernauld bought the pitch on Broadwood and have teams from 5 up, and a full woman's team. More than most if not all the teams in the spfl. They also don't share a ground now unless it changes.

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Where you hearing Hearts are gonnae play in Rosewell? 

They have spent a fair bit money on the park that the season past was probs one of the 1st times there wasnt a game lost throughout the season.We did have a mild winter though.

So when you've had to fund floodlights as well as drainage to the park I can see where vital revenue might come from.

However if this is true itll take some convincing for me to retain my season ticket. 

It is 100% true.

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Where you hearing Hearts are gonnae play in Rosewell? 

They have spent a fair bit money on the park that the season past was probs one of the 1st times there wasnt a game lost throughout the season.We did have a mild winter though.

So when you've had to fund floodlights as well as drainage to the park I can see where vital revenue might come from.

However if this is true itll take some convincing for me to retain my season ticket. 

I heard it on that news purveyor of repute, P&B. This thread actually.

You'll be welcome to convert to City, Newky old chap... :thumsup2

Turns out Shire voted in favour, which saddens me. However, the board have explained their reasoning (which is better than most). Effectively, the SPFL and the SFA did what they always do, lobbying for the interests of the big clubs, and they basically said that if the LL did not vote in favour of the three guests clubs, they wouldn't commit to a pyramid review. Shire are solidly in favour of a review and expanded promotion and relegation between the tiers, despite knowing they were being blackmailed, felt they had no choice but to vote in favour in order to secure the review.

So, while I'm still angry at the LL, I think we should direct even more anger at the SPFL and the SFA for using something that we all (I think) want, as a bargaining chip to promote the interests of the richest clubs. 

28 minutes ago, fatbadger442 said:

Turns out Shire voted in favour, which saddens me. However, the board have explained their reasoning (which is better than most). Effectively, the SPFL and the SFA did what they always do, lobbying for the interests of the big clubs, and they basically said that if the LL did not vote in favour of the three guests clubs, they wouldn't commit to a pyramid review. Shire are solidly in favour of a review and expanded promotion and relegation between the tiers, despite knowing they were being blackmailed, felt they had no choice but to vote in favour in order to secure the review.

So, while I'm still angry at the LL, I think we should direct even more anger at the SPFL and the SFA for using something that we all (I think) want, as a bargaining chip to promote the interests of the richest clubs. 

I, for one, am delighted that Shire's board voted to allow entry to Celtic, Sevco and Bottlers B teams for totally altruistic reasons.

#NotAllHeroesWearCapes

So Berwick voted for their original inclusion because they believed the stories about it being a one year thing and now East Stirling voted for it because they believe the stories about pyramid restructuring

Is being a gullible idiot an essential or desired skill to be a LL chairperson?

Also, f**k the SFA, why are they putting three clubs ahead of every other club in Scotland?

The SFA and SPFL boards don't have the power to do anything.

We're less than a year removed from the Innovation Paper from the Professional Game Board's working group (12-12-12-12, Colts, Strategic Partnerships). It failed to get even a proper vote within the SPFL

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/update-on-innovation-group-proposal-indicative-vote/

1 hour ago, fatbadger442 said:

Totally unsurprising,they voted for it last year,could never understand why they were on people's provisional list of good guys.

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

We're less than a year removed from the Innovation Paper from the Professional Game Board's working group (12-12-12-12, Colts, Strategic Partnerships). It failed to get even a proper vote within the SPFL

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/update-on-innovation-group-proposal-indicative-vote/

Next year Maxwell and Doncaster will promise to look at direct entry of the Lowland League Champions into the Premier League, and the Champions League if they would just be good enough to allow another 5 guest teams in.

50 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looks like the SFA/SPFL assisted in getting the three colts teams shoehorned into the Lowland League without any prior consultation  with the Professional Game Board or with member clubs. The Stenny Chairman who smelled shite on the deal is a member of the Professional Game Board. It looks more and more likely that Maxwell/Doncaster are operating to their own separate agenda. East Stirling are among those who have been deceived.

8 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Looks like the SFA/SPFL assisted in getting the three colts teams shoehorned into the Lowland League without any prior consultation  with the Professional Game Board or with member clubs. The Stenny Chairman who smelled shite on the deal is a member of the Professional Game Board. It looks more and more likely that Maxwell/Doncaster are operating to their own separate agenda. East Stirling are among those who have been deceived.

They haven't been deceived though, they were promised a review and they'll get a review.

6 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

It's no surprise. It's the fact they've still been suckered into it that's surprising. It's little different than during the PWG meetings when Maxwell & Petrie suggested a Highland/West/East split at Tier 5.

There's all these ideas thrown out there and then they go to consult members and it fails.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They haven't been deceived though, they were promised a review and they'll get a review.

It'll just recommend no change to the status quo, except for allowing multiple promotable colt teams into the LL 'for the good of the game'...

3 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

It'll just recommend no change to the status quo, except for allowing multiple promotable colt teams into the LL 'for the good of the game'...

That doesn't mean the clubs were deceived. They were promised a review and they'll get their review. The fact they were too thick to realise they were being played like fiddles is their problem.