Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

43 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Read something today from the pj that the highland league would not rule out colts joining thier league.

Positive news. Aberdeen and Dundee United colts would give a boost to the league 

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Positive news. Aberdeen and Dundee United colts would give a boost to the league 

What an amazing boost Dundee utd b team fans would give huh.

The whole away support would  struggle to fill a car for any away trip.

How do you think you became a wind up merchant?

Any talk of review only works if you actually have a something to sell too all parties.

What’s the plan here for the snake 8?

Hi Spfl clubs,  we know you’ve voted against further promotion from tier 5,  and have completely rejected every single suggestion of playing B teams. But how about we offer you both?  Here at LL we’ve made our league shitter so next time you’re offered a vote, remember it could be worse…

Why are Hearts Colts playing at Fergie Park when the Hearts training ground at Riccarton would be adequate for LL football? Can't they guarantee use of the ground at 3pm every other Saturday? Pretty tinpot if true 

Last time I went down to Fergie Park the pitch was looking very good but it's not a ground historically known for its drainage and I have my doubts about two teams sharing it 

43 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Any talk of review only works if you actually have a something to sell too all parties.

What’s the plan here for the snake 8?

Hi Spfl clubs,  we know you’ve voted against further promotion from tier 5,  and have completely rejected every single suggestion of playing B teams. But how about we offer you both?  Here at LL we’ve made our league shitter so next time you’re offered a vote, remember it could be worse…

Step 1: get paid

Step 2: repeat step 1 if still in the league the following season. 

Clubs have been voting for the continuation of guest teams long before the talk of talks. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Why are Hearts Colts playing at Fergie Park when the Hearts training ground at Riccarton would be adequate for LL football? Can't they guarantee use of the ground at 3pm every other Saturday? Pretty tinpot if true 

Last time I went down to Fergie Park the pitch was looking very good but it's not a ground historically known for its drainage and I have my doubts about two teams sharing it 

I don’t think Riccarton is licensed?

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If that's the case, it would make the collaborators:

Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
East Kilbride
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Gretna 2008
Open Goal Broomhill
Spartans
Stirling University

Open to being corrected if any of those clubs want to clarify that they actually aren't among the quislings who allowed this, but every club who was in favour should be boycotted.

Worth noting that Berwick and East Stirling don't entirely get a pass here either having voted in favour of the two last season, but at least they're doing the right thing now no matter how late.

So Gala Fairydean Rovers had 2 votes as said because their chairman has the casting vote - just a coincidence that John Collins, formerly of Celtic, is always on Radio Scotland talking about his input at that club

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

So Gala Fairydean Rovers had 2 votes as said because their chairman has the casting vote - just a coincidence that John Collins, formerly of Celtic, is always on Radio Scotland talking about his input at that club

It almost certainly is a coincidence, yes.

43 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's hard to misunderstand something so brief. They voted for the 16 team league and getting on with it.

I must have missed their statement about how they voted on the relegation/promotion issue. 🙄 Another example of clubs firing out statements when it suits them.

1 hour ago, Sisimple said:

Looks like Spartans voted against the colts too (unless im reading their statement wrong? - wasnt a lot to it)

Odds on the powers that be threw in the pyramid review angle because the colts team experiment was getting binned without that. That added wrinkle means it's not safe to assume previous voting patterns on this issue remained largely the same for this vote. Some clubs might now see the ongoing presence of colt teams as a price worth paying for prising open access to the SPFL, while others may fear what a sweeping review of the pyramid would do to their ability to remain at tier 5.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

20 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Completely disagree with having this "it is what it is" attitude to colts. Why not just take that attitude to the pyramid, or promotion and relegation. Ah well, L2 clubs don't want to open up promotion into tier 4. Best to try and make the best of it. Nope. If something isn't right, argue to change it.

I am absolutely all for a big review where everything is put on the table. The pyramid structure, promotion and relegation, youth development. Argue everything on it's merits. This cannot be be done properly when two clubs (with the power of veto) and the SFA or SPFL leadership are just using all of this as bargaining chips to suit the narrow agenda of two clubs. It's a ludicrous situation to be in and it's a catastrophic failure of leadership right across Scottish football.

This.

22 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Yes, I am absolutely sure.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8291/sfa_handbook-2021-22_digital.pdf

4.6 and 4.8 refer on page 71.  New members below tier 5 are classed as Associate members.

Thanks very much.

But I'm confused. 4.2 says "Members shall be of two classes:- full members and registered members." with no mention of associated members. Where are they defined?

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That's not what a review should be. It should be about canvassing opinion across all clubs on a number of issues so you can come up with options to put to clubs that might actually have a chance of passing.

Obviously that's not what the SFA / SPFL will do because they're run by a bunch of incompetents.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's hard to misunderstand something so brief. They voted for the 16 team league and getting on with it.

Stunning naivety from Spartans there. The review is already guaranteed to be a busted flush.